Topic

Too busy to play whine thread

This is the fifth or sixth test in a row during which I am too busy with real life stuff to participate. :( What a bummer! I swear I can't even cut out half an hour to mess around, I've been guzzling energy drinks since monday, working on a project almost 24/7. There's just no time to take a break if I want to meet the deadline. 

And once it's done, I won't be playing, I'll be SLEEPING.

Ding, render's done. Back to work. Your turn to complain.

Posted 13 years ago by Cefeida Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Aww. so sorry :(  I've not had that much free time the last few tests, but this one's been a bit better for me. I hope you get some time to play at the next one! 
    Posted 13 years ago by Ebil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I totally have all the time in the world to play, but my college's internet is too damn slow for me to get on!! T_________T
    Posted 13 years ago by Arii Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm at work and cannot play too. Sneaking off to the forums is all I can do.  :(
    Posted 13 years ago by roderick ordonez Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Renderer's done? is this for a 3D model or a Video composition? or something else? Are you a graphic designer of sorts?

I rarely have time to play either with an 8 hour job that drains all of my energy :( and my Japanese course.
    Maybe next test I will be free to play
    Posted 13 years ago by Tiny Dylan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It was a video, 2-d composite, something I was doing for a friend's band. I have a degree in animation but I rarely do it anymore, it's too frustrating, with deadlines and client demands and all that. 

But some days I wish I had an 8-hour job instead of random 24-hour jobs every couple of months, it's exhausting.
  • Well, animation is one of those jobs that takes days to produce minutes, it is frustrating. I get to do it for work and the clients rarely understand that what they see as little tweaks, takes a lot of time to adjust.
    Posted 13 years ago by Tiny Dylan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You animate? Cool! Yeah, people are shocked when I bill by the second. :P But depending on technique that second might take more than a day to make.
  • I missed almost all the the last-before reset test, including the EOTW party. I was gutted. I missed quite a lot of most tests this summer.
    And I missed the BOTW because when it did come online it was gone 1am here and I was asleep.
    In some ways I look forward to 24/7 because at least I'll be able to squeeze Glitch time in according to my own schedule. Although I'll miss the feverish anticipation!
    Hope sometime soon you get some Glitchiness back in your life! Good to hear from you. We'll come party next time you drop in and help with the piggy-petting.
    Posted 13 years ago by Twoodle Subscriber! | Permalink