Topic

Lara's art thread ~ [painting: Stars]

Kind of copying machi's awesome picture thread, except with less awesome.  I'm finding it difficult to motivate myself to paint at the moment so I thought I could do some requests now and then.

Request your glitch (or anything) painted!

samples/pickup:
1. machi
2. octo

currently painting: Stars

- If it's too hard (or I'm too busy) I might say no, or put the project on backburner for when I'm better/have more time.
- girls are easier than guys, clothed is easier than not clothed.  If I like you/your character more I will likely spend more time on it.

backburner:
1. Ryft
2. Aero
3. Μасѕ
4. Djabriil
5. Cupcake (raincheck)
6. Mormoran

Posted 13 years ago by Lara Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Oh wow that looks kinda elegant. Would love ya to try my avatar when you get time. =)
    Posted 13 years ago by Ryft Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Me meeeeee. please. I LOVE YOU!
    Posted 13 years ago by Aero Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Me please
    Posted 13 years ago by Octo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • thanks everyone!

ryft and aero, I might have to say no for now as I just remembered I struggle to draw guys lol.  it's been a while since I last painted/did requests.  I'll write both your names down though in case I one day feel up to the challenge - I know I did paint guys at one point, so there is hope.

octo - sure :)
  • Me please then! :D I'd love to see a portrait of my glitch <3
    Posted 13 years ago by Millie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'll sign up! Would it be possible to upload to something like imgur or minus, though? Sometimes, Tinypic doesn't load for me :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Stars Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Not a request, but I want to say that your sample is utterly charming, it totally reminds me of some picture books I've seen in the past. I love the colouring and shading in the face, particularly in the mouth and nose area, it's quirky and it works very well with your style. I also like the colouring you did with the hair and the highlights on the button of the coat really appeals to me, I like little details like that.

I'm now curious to see how you are going to do the other glitches. :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Saulie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Can I add a request too?
    Posted 13 years ago by Μасѕ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hey all :)  I'll probably only finish one request at a time but thanks for putting in your requests!  Thanks Saulie.  I'm curious too!  My style has been known to change, and the quality will probably vary...!

Stars: How about I upload them to Deviantart instead?  Here's a fanart account of mine.  can you access that?
  • Me, when you can! :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Cupcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Your work is amazing!
    Posted 13 years ago by Boe Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd love to add a request as well, since my avatar's changed somewhat.
    Posted 13 years ago by Djabriil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ohhhh me me me! Do my picture! I really like the goofy look of my glitch, would love to see it drawn too!
    Posted 13 years ago by Mormoran Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lara I just noticed my glitch is the male version of yours! What a funny coincidence!
    Posted 13 years ago by Mormoran Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Mormoran, that is funny!  Well, I've always been a fan of not taking myself too seriously either :)

Thanks to everyone who's posted.  For those of you who know me in-game, my leisure time (for painting, playing Glitch, being on the forums, generally having a life) is pretty much limited to when I'm not coding/throwing up/asleep/having a headache.  Most of those are due to being pregnant of course! Anyway, hopefully I'll have the current painting done within the week but really depends on how well I feel.

In the meantime, feel free to chat & talk about whatever in this thread.  You all have very interesting avatars and I wish I had the time/energy to paint them all!
  • Want to see more, Lara. :)
    Posted 13 years ago by emdot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Octo

Millie - I'm probably gonna find it hard to paint that much skin sorry.  thanks for your request tho :)
    Stars - sure, I'll put you up next.
    Μасѕ and djabriil - going to pass on guys for the moment until i feel more confident with painting again.  I'll put you both on backburner - thanks :)
    Cupcake - haha awesome.  I'm thinking glamourous and upmarket?  Tell me a story :)  I can only paint one thing at a time so I'll see if you are still interested when I have time.
    Mormoran - wish I could!  I'm really not sure I could pull off such an amazing expression as well as painting a guy..!  It could happen - i'll put you on backburner til then.  cheers :)
  • I would very much like if you would create a likeness of me. Thank you and Giants bless.
    Posted 13 years ago by Rev. Lightbringer Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh! Laura, you're amazing! Thank you so much!
    Posted 13 years ago by Octo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oooooh me next!  :D  When you have time of course.  These are so fantastic!
    Posted 13 years ago by Sweet Tangerine Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hee, yes, definitely glamorous & upmarket. Maybe I could be sipping a gurly drink or something? ;)
    Posted 13 years ago by Cupcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I wouldn't mind a painting if you are up to it! Talent like yours needs inspiration, and well...no simpler inspiration to paint than a little yellow hoody? XD Really, if you don't, it's fine, just offering something that might not have like...super detailed outfit of "omg how do I paint this." I'm just enjoying getting to see your work! It's really good!
    Posted 13 years ago by Jia-pop Subscriber! | Permalink
  • These are just lovely! I know you're alread stocked with requests, so I won't ask. This reminds me - I do need to do more drawing sometime! :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Chemisie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Holy cow, these are AMAZING. What an awesome thing to do!
    Posted 13 years ago by Xev Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lara wrote: Stars: How about I upload them to Deviantart instead?  Here's a fanart account of mine.  can you access that?

That would be perfect. Your work is so lovely! Thanks for this :)
  • Lara, thank you so incredibly much! ♥ I actually had to check twice to make sure that was really my name, I totally did not expect this. I aspire to paint like this someday! :)
    Posted 13 years ago by machi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Jia-pop - sweet :) I'll get back to you when I'm done with the current ones then.  I'm still definitely just learning...but it's only a hobby so I don't improve very fast haha.
    Chemisie - definitely, look forward to seeing it!
    Xev - hardly...haha.  There's probably heaps more talented artists than me lurking around the forums that just haven't said anything yet.  Having someone to paint for makes it a lot more interesting than just doing random stuff here and there.
    Stars - great, and np.  I've got a wip if you're interested, but it'll probably look much different when it's more finished :p.
    machi - haha, and I aspire to lineart/pose like yours someday!  no problem :)
  • @Lara: Oh, wow; it already looks so pretty! I can't wait! (Also, we got lucky; that tinypic link worked!)
  • Whoops, forgot about tinypic not working.  haha sorry!  Me being thoughtless again.  I should find another place to put scraps...
  • ech, hard to get to my painting computer.  I'm in the mood to paint but the couch is best for keeping my nausea at bay!

Maybe it's time to switch to coloured pencils :P
  • OMG Lara those are amazing! Would love to have one myself but I see you are VERY busy with all the requests! If you get the time please let me know!
    Posted 13 years ago by Casombra Amberrose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Geez Louise you are talented!
    Posted 13 years ago by Jeff Buckley Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hey Casombra and Jeff!!!  Hehe, I'd love to sometime...eventually... haha.

just occurred to me, I've actually not done much NZ art in my life, which is a bit sad because I quite like the NZ feel of art I have seen.  Maybe that's something for the 'someday' shelf too.
  • Good point Lara! You do a very nice job and would love to see you do some NZ art! Let me know when you decide to pull it off the someday shelf! Would love to see what you do with it! <waves at Jeff too>
    Posted 13 years ago by Casombra Amberrose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • waves right back at ya :D
    Posted 13 years ago by Jeff Buckley Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Heya!  I'd love a painting whenever you get around to it.  Would be awesome!
    Posted 13 years ago by Rusty McDusty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh sweet! I was thinking of doing a drawing thread too XD nice to see one here
    maybe we can do an art trade someday
    Posted 13 years ago by RedDyeNo.5 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hey everyone :)

Been rushing to do some painting for the next release of the imaginatUr, so sadly I put everything else on hold.  Whoops!  Here's a sneak preview.  @Stars - I made an imgur account :)

BTW, anyone who wants a painting, I'll do a raincheck when I'm done with everyone that I already promised xD starting with dear Stars who has been on WIP for a week!  Hi to Rusty :)

@RedDyeNo.5 - sure!  Looking forward to seeing some of your stuff :)
  • Gleetch comic #1 in the Glitchen ImaginatUr

the emblem from last week might not be published so I might post the wallpaper I did soon.

This week, worked a little on Stars' painting - looks very different now :P - and Gleetch #2 which will be for ImaginatUr issue #3.  Rest of time was GOBBLED UP by work (looks like it's gonna be a trend).