Topic

Hold my hand...

I am amazed at the number of posts in these forums and in Global, where players really expect to be walked through the game. Asks of large amounts of currants is tacky and stupid, but that hasn't stopped some from doing it. That person who pops up, "I'm a n00b." Then proceeds to just sit there and ask 45 'How do I...?' questions in a row, when you know full well there's no way they're playing AND mashing out all those questions. Who are these people? I mean...what's wrong with them?

The ones that really get me are the WATB posts here. The ones that read, "Something happened in the game and I didn't pay attention to my energy/mood/currants/location and I did something else and something bad happened. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" I mean...for real? It's. A. Game. Then they almost always demand changes to something that has worked for those us with reading comprehension skills and the ability to Pay Attention. 

I don't know if it's laziness, entitlement or sheer stupidity, but shout out to the devs for dealing with these in a very professional manner. Lord knows I wouldn't. 

Posted 13 years ago by Jarhaven Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Well it seems just about every online game has this... and I love helping people out if they need help every once in awhile, but there are some people who expect everyone to guide them through every single aspect of a game. What is the point of playing it then? The annoying part is that if you don't help them, they act like you are a jerk. As much as I like helping out, I want to play the game too.

To sum it up: Questions every once in awhile is fine, but when you don't even ATTEMPT to play and learn the game by yourself, whats the point?
    Posted 13 years ago by Ryft Subscriber! | Permalink
  • never mind, googled.
    Posted 13 years ago by Lara Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ryft, you stated it well. I like helping people figuring out games. I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum, where I'll keep doing something over and over again and failing, never asking for help. That is equally dumb, IMO. I'm still finding out little things in this game that could have saved me months of troubles. =) But yes, I want to play, too and yes, I've been abused by people who wanted you to spell it out to them. I'm not sure why they play if they don't want to experience it themselves.
    Posted 13 years ago by Jarhaven Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The crazy thing is, with the exception of bottoming out energy and going on a short trip to hell, there's no consequence for death. Zero. None. You don't lose your stuff, you don't take a whopping XP hit that knocks you down a level, none of the nasty things possible in other games.
    Posted 13 years ago by TK-855 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well damn.

I am SOOOO old!!!!

This was I thought about with the subject title!
    Posted 13 years ago by Pirate Apples Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Me too, Pirate Apples :P (Though I thought of the Glee version first.)
    Posted 13 years ago by Millie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OMG they were so very sweet weren't they?
    Posted 13 years ago by Xyrem Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It does happen in every game, from Second Life to WoW, people either want someone to walk them through every quest and concept, or they want free currents to buy something and get sniffy when told how to earn currents.

Every game gets a share of Entitled Players - those who really don't think the normal methods apply to THEM. I mean sure, you mined for days to buy your 50k house, but they shouldn't have to, right?
    I just bite my little glitch tongue and wander off.
    Posted 13 years ago by Lyn Frog, Esq Subscriber! | Permalink