Topic

Staff Topic

The Glitch Soundtrack: The official project to collect, catalog, remix and and remaster the music from the online game Glitch.

For all of you that have been asking for music from Glitch, I've started an Indiegogo campaign to make it happen!  

I'm very excited at the prospect of putting this together for us to remember Glitch by.  It's a big project though, so if you want to find out more and support it, check out the campaign!

Posted 11 years ago by Danny Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2 3
  • YES OMG
    Posted 11 years ago by Melismata Rookwood Subscriber! | Permalink
  • And it's already over three-quarters of the way to its funding goal! The music blocks *will* happen!
    Posted 11 years ago by dopiaza Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you so much for doing this, Danny. I'm so glad we get this chance to keep the great music you made!
    Posted 11 years ago by Zany Serendipity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you! I'm so excited about these real-life Glitchy items.
    Posted 11 years ago by Imberis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Danny, you rock!!!! literally and metaphorically speaking too. I hope it'll be okay to update our address since I'm likely going to move. Do we just contact you via indiegogo? Thanks so much again......So ecstatic like everyone. *hugs*

Cheers,
    Bachjess♫♫♪
    Posted 11 years ago by Bachjess♫♫♪ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I always thought that a neat feature to add to Glitch would be add more line dances (besides Moonwalk). Maybe you could do that with the music box. I think if some talented person rearranged some of the current sprites you could make a funny dance. Nothing complicated, but you could probably get a respectable hokey pokey. Or at least, a Glitchy Pokey
    Posted 11 years ago by Anthropocene Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hey Danny, if we are ever in Toronto, can we come by and say hi?  :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Griselda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *throws money*
    Posted 11 years ago by Zoethor2 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Will it have the Jellisac "schloooop" sound? Because that's my favorite.
    Posted 11 years ago by Pascale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Love.
    Posted 11 years ago by emdot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • And just before the 1 hour mark :D Danny your campaign has raised $8142 :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Bachjess♫♫♪ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Awesome! I can't wait for payday! Thank you guys so much for making this.
    Posted 11 years ago by Thursday Soleil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Woot!  I've been waiting for this! *throws money*
    Posted 11 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ha, so odd listening to that.  I never play with the music on...

I think the "finished loading" sound at the end of the video broke my heart.
    Posted 11 years ago by shhexy corin Subscriber! | Permalink
  •  I never play with the music on...

I'm horrified. The music is one of my favouritest things ever.
    Posted 11 years ago by dopiaza Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Will the music only be available if you contribute or will we be able to buy it later?
    Posted 11 years ago by Asazi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Does it include the conch song?
    Posted 11 years ago by Wolfess Subscriber! | Permalink
  • NICE, THANK YOU!
    Posted 11 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Putting impulsive purchases on a credit card is part of being a financially responsible adult, right?

Right? :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Rusty the Sismanaut Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you for doing this!!

Will we await a notice of the cost for shipping like the art book, or is that included in the 41 dollar package?
    Posted 11 years ago by Ambillina Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm so glad I took the game refund option - so much cool stuffs to spend it on! heehee!
    Posted 11 years ago by gimmegames Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh man, now I might have to just get the PDF of the artbook because that custom Music Block is so tempting!
    Posted 11 years ago by Evallia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The music block looks awesome!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Jezebel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think the idea of owning a real musicblock is amazing, so I contributed.
    Posted 11 years ago by Meow Mix Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm horrified. The music is one of my favouritest things ever.

My hearing is a bit borked. Background music is very distracting to me, mentally and aurally. 

Which means I never hear the lift version of the groddle theme in the bureaucratic hall!
    Posted 11 years ago by shhexy corin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is what I've been waiting for! YES!
    Posted 11 years ago by Electric Wizard Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sent you a message on Indiegogo about this, but is it possible to upgrade my perk? I bought one then realised MONEY I HAS MONEY so I wanna throw more money at your face and get the higher perk!
    Posted 11 years ago by Rammi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I HAS QUESTIONS...

I want to donate to this and Kukubee's campaign, but I have to wait until this Friday when I get my paycheck. I'm afraid that they'll close by then seeing how fast they have earned money (Kukubee's campiagn is 346% funded right now), will indiegogo close the campaign once it reaches a certain funding level? Like, I don't know, 500%!? Or can I wait in good faith that it'll still be open by Friday? 

(I know it won't close until 30 days, but I'm wondering if the site closes it prior to that once it reaches its goal x amount of times) 
    Posted 11 years ago by Juniparr Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It'll be ok, Juniparr.  They don't close campaigns just because they've raised a lot.
    Posted 11 years ago by Fnibbit Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Juniparr indiegogo does not allow you to close it before the end of the deadline date, so you have time!
    Posted 11 years ago by Kukubee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!@
    Posted 11 years ago by ShadowCat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Can you elaborate on the dimensions of the music block please?
    Posted 11 years ago by Tilly TrinkleHouse Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Here's money!
    Posted 11 years ago by Supershero Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Can this be purchased for a friend with their sprite on the music box?
    Posted 11 years ago by Bobbie Hemingway Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is the only thing I really really really want. Hoping for some kind of miracle. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Eye Wonder Subscriber! | Permalink
  • hey, that full world map image!! whoaaaaaaa

oh my gosh that hurts :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Sororia Rose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh, I didn't notice the video when I originally contributed. That's such a lovely memorial of glitch as well as the music... sniff. Thanks!
    Posted 11 years ago by geekybird Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Want! Want! Want NOW!!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Snickersnee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • REMIX??? Does that mean there is any possibility of stems or multitracks?
    Posted 11 years ago by Djabriil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • omfgiants.....the 'Real-Life Crab Musicblock' made from stained white oak, inset with a hand-crank music box that will play the main Glitch theme......
    Posted 11 years ago by Eye Wonder Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm confused...  the main description says there's an "Outtakes"  album, but none of the Perks list it at all!  Did I miss something?
    Posted 11 years ago by Nummy Muffin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow!  The internet had gone down right when I pushed the campaign live.  I had to go to a cafe to do it, and by the time I got home, we had reached our goal!  I've been spending some time with my family this weekend, so I haven't had the chance to check in till now -- it's amazing! Thank you so much for all of your support!!!

I feel so privileged to be a part of the team that put Glitch together.  There was never any shortage of inspiration when making the music for Glitch -- both from Tiny Speck and all of you guys.  I am so excited to see this through!

Bachjess, you can keep in touch through Indiegogo to update shipping information, yes!  I will probably contact everybody before I ship anyways.
    Griselda, if you're in Toronto let me know!  I play regularly around town.
    Pascale, I love the schloop sound too!
    Asazi, the music will probably be available in iTunes at one point, but no all of it!
    Wolfess ("does that include the conch song?") There's not much that will be left out of the full collection!
    Rammi, I will contact you!
    Tilly, just off the top of my head (need to confirm with mauk) is about 6"x6"x1.5".  We will have a real version to display very soon!
    Bobble, that's really nice!  Yes, if we have the player information it can be done for anybody.
    Djabrill, I'm stoked at the idea of getting stems out there!  Make sure to stay in touch if you're interested.  I would love to hear real remixes!  Re-mixing the sense of the released music is more in the sense of fine tuning the existing mixes.
    Nummy!!  Agh!!!  That is supposed to be a part of the Apprentice Heroes package!  Thank you for pointing that out. Corrected.
    Posted 11 years ago by Danny Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Danny - I am such a huge fan of your music for this game! I am delighted to contribute and I'm really so happy and excited about being able to have all the music to play forever... and ever... over and over again as I sob into my cornflakes!

LOVE <3
    Posted 11 years ago by Mildmay Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Danny - Will definitely keep in touch- I'm very interested in the idea of maybe putting together a little collection of remixed tracks, just for fun :) That, and I think it might help me process through having this wonderful place go away :P

How should I go about contacting you?
    Posted 11 years ago by Djabriil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Please, Danny, don't forget Goodnight Groddle. I'm sure Lelu won't have a problem with that. Maybe as the last track? (Oh, it would be so beautiful and so sad.)
    Posted 11 years ago by Ximenez Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Woot woot!! I'm in Toronto about once a year. I'll ping you when I'm there next (most likely for the DC United game) and hopefully I can see you play!
    Posted 11 years ago by Griselda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Will we be able to get it on itunes too? I'm kind of confused on how indiegogo works...
    Posted 11 years ago by Moogle55 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Way to go, @Danny. If you want to advertise it elsewhere, I'm a forum administrator on a games related forums. And I might even have other work for you.
    Posted 11 years ago by Fokian Fool Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm hoping to be able to contribute this week, since I'll be getting some birthday money! The music is what really made the whole Glitch experience so magical to me. I would sign in just to have the music playing in the background while I did my homework.. It was so wonderful. ;u;

As for a question... Would I be able to use some of the music that's already available for download from the site in my student film projects? It's all non-profit and would be for use solely on school assignment videos.

Thanks again for such a wonderful experience!
    Posted 11 years ago by Akito Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just plopped down $227 on this for the music box.  <3

I am using my refund monies on real-life glitch things, since I can't keep my digital glitch things.
    Posted 11 years ago by RoboYeti Subscriber! | Permalink
Previous 1 2 3