Topic

Moving around klunky big stacks of things

With some of the font changes and changes in one/many usage order on the menu, there are also changes in the sizes of objects in your inventory, sort of reverting to a big-hugeness when being moved which they briefly had a while back. When you try to move items (into or out of bags or into SDBs), they expand into a bigger stack (if more than 1 item in slot), which makes them larger than the item you're trying to move them into (bag, slot, or SDB). And the center of the "moving stack" is slightly off-center, so you THINK you've got the stack positioned over the bag you want it to go into, but really it's one off, and it goes into the wrong one.

There wasn't really anything broken about the previous image of a thing when you were moving it, so it probably wasn't necessary to fix it?  Anyway, looks like a bug to me (in terms of things being moved into the bag you didn't mean to put them into), so here's a notice about it.

Posted 12 years ago by Eleanor Rigby Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I agree with you, Eleanor.  This was one thing that was great the way it was and the change is not an improvement.  Most changes are for the better, so this one seems out of place to me.
    Posted 12 years ago by Shmoopie Kerfuffle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you for writing this thread. I am so annoyed by these big bunches of items when trying to move things from one slot to another or from one bag to another. It's just ridiculously HUGE. Please change it back. 

Bunches of Grain or Urth Blocks...forget about it......it's not going in the bag you want or in the SDB you want. YIKES!
    Posted 12 years ago by Eye Wonder Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 12 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Please, PLEASE, change this back. It's awful now.
    Posted 12 years ago by Belle Z. Bub Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, I am having trouble with these new big bunches of things.  It is now not so easy to get them in the right SDB or inventory slot.  Also, ever since the inventory was reworked I have had difficulty moving items from bag to bag.  If I don't get the item low enough to make sure the bag is highlighted properly it just will not move to the new location.  This results in me taking extra time to make sure the item is lined up just right with the new location.  I guess I am just a slow learner but this has been making me nuttier than usual for some time.  Tuesday, for some reason, was especially frustrating.  Maybe I moved more items than usual.
    Posted 12 years ago by Brib Annie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, this is very clunky now...would prefer it back to the old way too.
    Posted 12 years ago by b3achy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ok, it has been de-klunkified. And some explanation from Eric yesterday about the dealio is here. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • aaahhh so much better. tysm!
    Posted 12 years ago by Eye Wonder Subscriber! | Permalink