Topic

What a great test.

I totally lost my blahs, and it was just so great to play, coming and going all weekend, the extended play time was so what I needed. I really feel like this game has some wheels on it now, or at least now I can really feel them turning.

Still don't like the way chat is organized tho...gotta say it.

Posted 13 years ago by Nanookie Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• When will the game re-open? Will I still have my currants/items/ect, or will it reset?
    Posted 13 years ago by Glitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Agreed! There's things that could improve like the skill tree, but overall it was a lot of fun to play and I was sorry I had such a busy weekend and couldn't devote more time to it. :)
    Posted 13 years ago by FrankenPaula Subscriber! | Permalink
  • hm. i like the skill tree. what do you think could improve it?

agree about chat tho. surprised it isn't better. it will be later I bet.
    Posted 13 years ago by striatic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Had a blast playing for my first time. I was really confused at first on what do or how to progress on my skill trees (running all over the find the correct vendor isn't very fun), but I'll definitely be back to play again next test.
    Posted 13 years ago by Jabberwocky Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I actually wish I could plot a course in skills ahead of time. I am always picking in the heat the moment in the game, and I wish I could actually spend off time learning more about what I could potentially do with or get out of each skill, and think about it some more. Even if I could only do that for a few skills at a time, just to be able to slot them in and let the rock take it away would be great. Maybe players could do that after attaining all the Better Learning levels?

Also that info about potential rewards/challenges...wish there was more of that on the skills page too. It sort of sucks to feel such a strong desire to create yummy gruel and then remember my neglect of cooking. If only I had known back then (when I was picking skills) what I know now, etc.
    Posted 13 years ago by Nanookie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I loved it that it's not straightforwrad to pick which skill to learn next and that there is a place for trial and error (you can pause a skill learning in the middle and choose a different path in the skill tree). In previous test rounds I chose a specific path and followed it, in this round I had more time next to the computer so I started by learning the basic skills across the tree and then made some progress where I liked. Then when I had to go to sleep (unfortunately) I started learning one of the advanced skills that takes more time. It was more fun for me to experience the different skills rather than just getting better at one, and it's great that the game allows players with different styles to play it and enjoy it in their own way.
    Posted 13 years ago by Nevet Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think the best thing that could be done to the skill tree is just to improve the graphic design so that the sets and categories and paths are displayed more clearly. Make it bigger, make the colour coding more obvious, maybe display full names instead of abbreviations. Sometimes it is hard to see where I'm at.

Oh and this last test was so much fun! I guess because it was longer, and I could just take the time to complete quests and explore. I'm very happy with the keyboard steering, too, you almost never need to use the mouse.
    Posted 13 years ago by Cefeida Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Had my first experience with Glitch yesterday and really enjoyed it. Was a bit disappointed to find it offline this morning, but I guess it's to be expected.

Out of curiosity, does Glitch stay down more than it stays up or vice versa? I don't know if I should be checking the front page every few hours or every few days. :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Fyodor Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Fyodor — it's down most of the time (like, 95%), since it's still in the alpha testing phase. I think the next big test will be in December, and there may be some short tests in the meantime, but don't waste too much energy checking whether it's open or not.
    Posted 13 years ago by wurzel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Fyodor: my advice is to follow @isglitchopen on Twitter and have SMS updates sent to your mobile phone. :D
    Posted 13 years ago by Herp Derp Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Glitch, to answer your first question: They usually have a small test (a couple of hours long) every Friday. Perhaps not as much now that they're aiming for bigger tests... but hopefully. Next big one in early December though :D
    Posted 13 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink