Topic

Unlimited Amount of Skills = Awesome

I just wanted to say how much I like that there are no limits to what skills I can take. It really encourages me to try out each and every bit of the game. Opposed to some other mmorpgs/rpgs that limit you to one/two skills/skill trees. Good job Tiny Speck!

Posted 13 years ago by Edgar Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• :) ditto - like it
    Posted 13 years ago by rYnoRanger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't like having to spend an emblem in order to unlock a skill. It's confusing because since I started, the giants have had nothing to do with skills. Now, it's hard to tell which emblem unlocks what, takes up time & doesn't make sense why that particular giant is associated with what skill. :S Perhaps it'll be more significant later as they develop the skill tree.
    Posted 13 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hburger - I agree with you to a point. I agree that it doesn't make sense to spend emblems, but it would makes sense to require you to have an emblem.
    Posted 13 years ago by Edgar Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Hburger - It kind of does make a little sense to me, and I appreciate the connections between the giants and the skills.
    Like, for Soil Appreciation - you have to use a seal of Spriggan. Which makes sense. You have to have favor with the giant of soil and plants before you can get really good at it. The blessing of the giant.
    Posted 13 years ago by Bingobar Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I thought the giants always had to do something with skills- you know how some shrines are better suited for helping you learn one skill vs another?

The new skill requirements put a damper on my emblem collecting spree, but it does make sense. However, I don't see why just having the emblem couldn't be enough? Is there some sort of plan behind this?
    Posted 13 years ago by Cefeida Subscriber! | Permalink