Topic

have you received any friend requests from strangers?

why do you think they've befriended you? have you befriended a stranger you've never talked to?

Posted 13 years ago by striatic Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Yes. I think they befriended me because I worked together with them on a project, or have had interaction in the chat. One was totally random, but I figured I'd befriend them just to see what would happen. I figured there's little harm in doing so at this stage.
    Posted 13 years ago by Yeoman Subscriber! | Permalink
  • lots, didn't put much thought to why
    Posted 13 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm a single ginger with excellent taste in casual slacks. I'm also intrigued by commas.

Will you be my friend?
    Posted 13 years ago by Spencer Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like to talk to them for a couple of minutes, even after if made it mutual.. There doesnt seem to be a lot of jerks on-line but you never know.

How do you remove friends btw?
    Posted 13 years ago by Ani Laurel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • go to their profile and click the big "remove from buddy list" button.
    Posted 13 years ago by striatic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I pretty much just friend anyone... I'm a friend slut.
    Posted 13 years ago by Nine O'Five Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I prefer to keep my friends list down to people I chat to regularly, or have had memorable chats with in the past... sorry if newbies try to friend me & I ignore. :3
    Posted 13 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I originally limited my friends to people I was 'aware' of outside of Glitch -- real friends; flickr, facebook and twitter 'friends' etc. I've since expanded that to include some of the Glitch team and some others - in part due to the achievements that require you to have lots of friends.

Equally, I've tended not to accept random friend requests, and I have a few sitting in my Requests folder...
    Posted 13 years ago by RealJimBob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mostly the friends I've made have been friends that I added first...usually because I talked with them a bit in chat, they helped me in-game, or I just liked the cut of their jib. Gib? Jib.
    Posted 13 years ago by Inglenook Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I thought people friended others to get badges? There are a few for number of buddies made. I accept friend requests now, since I don't know any of you outside of the game, but I don't really do anything beyond that. Out of alpha, I'll probably be a lot more selective.
    Posted 13 years ago by Cefeida Subscriber! | Permalink
  • whats wrong in making new friends?? you get badges for starters!!
    Posted 13 years ago by gaara Subscriber! | Permalink