Topic

What are you going to do when the next test starts?

I left off learning Master Chef II and I really wanted to start really concentrating on mining for elements to make powders so I can get Emblems faster. BUT before I start mining I have to make Earthquake shakes so I don't die in the middle of mining. And I want to plant more stuff in my garden because seeds are cheep compared to buying produce. Phew. So much to do.

Posted 13 years ago by Nine O'Five Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I discovered the joy (and woe) of No-No Powder late last test. So I guess I'm going to have to start off by baking up large quantities of the stuff to keep the rush going :D
    Posted 13 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "BUT before I start mining I have to make Earthquake shakes so I don't die in the middle of mining."

not really. you can just buy lots of cabbage [by the 100s] instead.

it is a big capital outlay, but unlike Earthshaker making doesn't require a cherry harvest which is outside the mining workflow.

if you spend 2800c at Uncle Friendly's for 400 cabbages, that'll power enough mining to make up to 10,000c in chunks and gems to sell to the tool vendor in the caverns.

sell the chunks, keep the gems and then buy more cabbage and repeat. once you have enough gems to donate, don't sell the chunks. start making shrine powder instead. then use the powder and donate the gems.
    Posted 13 years ago by striatic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • no-no powder is okay for mining, because unlike earthshakers it fits the mining workflow .. but just buying cabbage is way better.

cabbage is better because unlike no-no powder, you don't die if you elect to do something else for a little bit. like if you hold off on mining for a bit to chip in on a project.
  • What am I going to do? Just open the game and play, I suppose! I never liked to strategise, it's more fun just to explore and stumble upon things. :)
    Only thing I want to do is find the recipe for...er...a sauce the name of which I can't recall. Other than that, whatever the Rock throws at me.
    Posted 13 years ago by Cefeida Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm going to harvest that zucchini that failed to ripen near the end of the last test (as long as it hasn't wilted).

I'll avoid the cabbage diet though :(
    Posted 13 years ago by bluto Subscriber! | Permalink
  • it doesn't have to be cabbage. any produce is just as good cost to energy wise.

cabbage is better for slot size, but if you have lots of bags, it doesn't really make a difference.
  • I use potatoes and I will be mining aswell and level up!
    Posted 13 years ago by mathy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'll be twiddling my thumbs until the next day when us veterans get to play :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hmm I never really thought about just buying produce to gain energy. I usually save produce for cooking dishes. If I want energy I buy the 100c chili that the cooking vendor sells or I just meditate some. I'll have to look into that.
  • At long last, just before the end of the last test, I finally got the recipe for hot'n'fizzy sauce. This means I can complete about four quests once I start up. YIPPEE!
    Posted 13 years ago by Atalanta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Striatic said "it doesn't have to be cabbage. any produce is just as good cost to energy wise"

That's good to know because Cabbage is Evil
    www.flickr.com/photos/flick...
    Posted 13 years ago by bluto Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "If I want energy I buy the 100c chili that the cooking vendor sells or I just meditate some."

pretty much all food bought from vendors is one currant per energy unit. so that chili is just as efficient as cabbage. it is just that each cabbage gives 7 energy and you can fit 80 cabbages in a slot. so the chili is 100 energy per slot, but cabbage is 560 energy per slot. plus chili is awful if you want to tank up in an increment less than 100.

basically? cooking sucks. its a scam. totally useless. you are taking perfectly good energy sources and then spending time and energy in order to make those energy sources take up MORE slots.

you might get some additional mood you don't get from basic produce, but there are lots of other sources of mood [emblems being the best].

gardening is useful still. not as easy as just buying from the vendor, but an even better profit margin when mining.
  • "Glitch: The game where you eat cabbage and work in the mines"
    Posted 13 years ago by Sasson Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ^ It's addictive.
    Posted 13 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Nine O'Five: you don't need MC2 to make earthquake shakes; you need blender 2 and saucery 2. I don't have MC2 and i made quite a few earthquake shakes in the previous round.

aside, i agree that cooking takes up way too much energy. good for earning achievements, though.
    Posted 13 years ago by Alexis Hex Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I dont think cooking is a waste of time. I'm sure once the population grows there will be a market for some of the stuff you can cook. Plus I just like doing it!

@Alexis, I never said you need MC2 I was just saying that I had recently gotten the MC2 skill.