Topic

A new group

I just created a new group called Christian Gamers Spreading The Good News. It is a group for Christian gamers who want some fellowship and a private(ish) group to discuss things. Feel free to apply.

Posted 13 years ago by angelic_knight Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Hilarious.
    Posted 13 years ago by Johnny Subscriber! | Permalink
  • LOL
    Posted 13 years ago by atheist Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Nothing wrong with joining those who have similar beliefs as you.
    Posted 13 years ago by Roxon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks Roxon, but Johnny and atheist, this was a serious post, I wasn't trying to be funny. You can look up the group if you want.
    Posted 13 years ago by angelic_knight Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't doubt the seriousness of your post; that's why it's funny. However, I do recommend you partake in regular penance sessions with your group. Participating in a game that would have you idolizing other gods such as Glitch is a major sin in Christianity and Catholicism.
  • Being a dick for no reason whatsoever is a major sin in atheism.
    Posted 13 years ago by Spencer Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It is in Christianity as well. I probably won't join sorry. I just am not interested in religious dicussions via Internet.
    Posted 13 years ago by Ani Laurel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ahhh.. they're not gods, they're giants.

but i don't think we need to have every group be announced in the forums. New groups are easily seen on the groups page.
    Posted 13 years ago by Another Chris Subscriber! | Permalink
  • No one is getting out of hand here, Spencer, just lively philosophical conversation. Also, not going to discuss semantics, but atheists don't rely on a text that categorizes misdeeds as "sins," nor do they base their moral compass on variations thereof—instead, an atheist's morality is determined by constant awareness, responsibility, and various means of introspection & introjection.
  • Posted 13 years ago by Fizio Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Nah, Spencer is right. You're being a dick, atheist, and thus giving the false impression that all atheists are jerks. Please don't.

Same goes to Johnny and all others who think the mere mention of Christianity is cause for laughter. Angelic_knight is looking for like-minded people within the game, and they're doing so in a calm and unprovocative manner. Just leave them alone, if you're not interested.

(ps. playing games is not a sin. Actual idolisation? That's another story.)
    Posted 13 years ago by Cefeida Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is all I have to say on the subject.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOi...
  • *adds Spencer as friend because omg awesome*
  • Agree with Cefeda
    Posted 13 years ago by Fizio Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Cefeida*
  • Spencer's two posts are why these forums need a "Like" button.
    Posted 13 years ago by Herp Derp Subscriber! | Permalink
  • oi52.tinypic.com/b8rzeq.jpg

Just an observation. ;)
  • Ah? Observation: Sixteen atheists joined a group made explicitly to mock a group started by a theist.

Conclusion: Sixteen atheists are obsessed with mocking theists.

Additional Observation: The theist group was not made to mock the atheist group, nor for any other hostile purpose.

Conclusion: Atheist group is full of jerks. Theist group contains one peaceful person.

Way to advertise for your camp, guys. Not impressed.
  • The theist group is also by invitation only. Wonder if he has been doing any inviting.
    Posted 13 years ago by Cainunable Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like that Joiners group.
    Posted 13 years ago by Nanookie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What makes you conclude atheists joined this group only to mock theists? Maybe some people are tired of being preached at and mocked by theists and wish to register the fact. Perhaps in that way, and in the way that some asume that theists have the moral high ground, Glitch reflects the larger world?
    Posted 13 years ago by Cassandria Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "What makes you conclude atheists joined this group only to mock theists?"

The fact that the group was created to mock theists. I mean, come on, look at the name, look at when it was created and where the creation was announced. And so far as I can see on this forum, only a theist was laughed at by atheists (for a single post which didn't preach at anyone, or mock anyone, or in fact seek to provoke in any way) who then proudly pointed out their group had more people.

I like to give the benefit of the doubt but only when it's due. Seriously, there's nothing wrong with either group existing, except the context here is very sour.
  • Cefeida, while your assumptions on the motives behind *creating* the atheist group may be valid, but you know nothing of the people who then *joined* the group. You don't even know who's in the group, or if they read this thread. Yet you don't hesitate to call them all 'jerks'.

Please.
    Posted 13 years ago by Fyodor Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Let's ignore the fact that the general forum isn't a "post about the new group I just made" forum.
  • Why can't it be Johnny?
  • Okay, let me start 20 new threads for the new groups I'm about to make.
  • Ok, seriously, people? I wasn't going to bring this up, but the only difference between me and my sofa is that my sofa pulls out.

There. I said it. End of discussion.
  • Woops. Wrong thread. My bad, everyone.
  • ^ Lol, just *edit* the previous one to [redacted]...
    Posted 13 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "You don't even know who's in the group, or if they read this thread. Yet you don't hesitate to call them all 'jerks'."

You're right, I don't know. I assume, but my assumption is based on quite a bit of evidence. Still, you are right, I have no idea who is in that group or what they are talking about.

So, if there are any members in there who joined the group because they just want to talk to fellow atheists, and not to point and laugh at theists, I apologise.
  • Cefeida, as the creator of the atheist group I resent that statement. while I can't speak for the rest of the members I only created the group after seeing his and noticing there wasn't yet a group for our particular faith choice.
  • Fizio, I think the confusion on your (and your groups) intentions may be due to the timing of the creation of your group, the fact it was announced in here and then tension that had already started in this thread. Those combined have probably led to people jumping to conclusions.

If you just wanted a group for people with similar beliefs, and I believe that is why you made your group, then there is no reason for anyone to be upset about it.

@Johnny. 20 might be a little much for one person, but if you want to start a group for people who like to make snarky comments and then post about it, I'm up for joining.
  • Let's also ignore that this thread was dead for 8 days.
  • blah blah blah
    Posted 13 years ago by bluto Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Fizio, in that case I apologise. Sincerely. I believe you.

But you know why I thought the group was made to mock angelic_knight's group? The name sounds like a mean parody, and the timing made it seem even more so. Atheist's (the member, not the belief system) jeering comments didn't help, either.

But you, the creator, say it's legit and honest, and therefore I retract what I said. I made a false assumption. You are not a jerk, and neither is anyone for joining that group. I'm sorry I said that.

ps. Johnny, :P You're doing a great job of ignoring this thread yourself. What's wrong with talking about stuff?
  • As a Christian, I really have no problem with either group. It seems that atheists, and any other religion or belief for that matter, are entitled to create a group for peoples of similar beliefs.

However, as a believer, I try to keep my religion out of Glitch, and I have a multitude of reasons for doing so. First and foremost is to avoid threads or discussions such as these. What has been accomplished? Has anyone been swayed? I think not. People have become upset, and views of people and beliefs have changed. I wish uninterested parties would have simply read this thread and left it at that. Oh well.
    Posted 13 years ago by Roxon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you Cefeida. I can see how you could be led to that conclusion and I don't blame you for making it.

For everyone: All belief systems and groups have people who say things and do things that make that group look bad. But they do not represent them. Hopefully everyone here is mature enough to look past comments which cause people to generalize and realize there are good and bad people in both camps.
  • Let's all hug it out on test this weekend.
  • I am disappointed to see the web's pseudonymous acrimony pollute Glitch. My impression of Glitch is that it is humorous, whimsical and fun. This debate, at least from my reading of it, is not, nor is it, as far as I can tell, relevant to the game. If people want to have this debate, or others, that's fine. I would like it a lot if those who did would take their invective elsewhere.

Meanwhile, those of us who are here can pet pigs, tend patches and indulge in other, less controversial, activities.

Would that be OK?
    Posted 13 years ago by Plurp Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I haven't told many people this before, but once upon a time there was a light in my life. Now there's only love in the dark.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=840...

Now let's go collect some batterfly shit, people.
  • Thank you for being understanding, Fizio. :D And +a million to what you said about belief systems.

I don't think this discussion was so terrible, actually, for an internet forum. Maybe at least I've learned to not meddle. But yeah, let's let it go now.
  • This one's better, Spencer:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj-...
    Posted 13 years ago by clare Subscriber! | Permalink
  • TouchĂ©, mon petit chouchou.
  • Aw, poo, Sony Music doesn't think I'm worthy of watching that vid.

(maybe they read this thread...)
  • Clare, I love that video but this one is still my favorites: www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HE...