Topic

Holidays: See calendar!

Seems the calendar just got an upgrade: alpha.glitch.com/calendar/

Looks like holidays! Cool!

I like the sound of Zille-o-ween ;) Spooky!

Posted 13 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Has there been a holiday during test yet?
    Posted 13 years ago by Johnny Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Not as far as I know... but I'm excited!!
    Posted 13 years ago by EgIantine Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hmm.. So how long is an in-game day? I see there's only 308 days in the calendar. I like how the months have anywhere from 1 - 73 days but i think there should be more days in the calendar year so that holidays like Zille-O-Ween end up coinciding about the same time as real world Halloween or Recurse and New Years.
    Posted 13 years ago by Cap'n Bob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 4 hours per day, afaik.
  • So the in game calender would roll around every 77 days or about every 2.5 months. Yeah, to me that calls for a much bigger calendar or much longer days. If the holidays are in any way related to earth holidays they should coincide somewhat.
    Another way around this would be to have something like a chinese calendar, a 5 year cycle or something, then Zille-o-ween might only occur in the year of Swizzlestik or something. Or give each year to a different god and maybe that god would give .01% more favour in his particular year of the cycle.
  • Am I safe to assume there are going to be certain bonuses on each holiday? Like say for example bonus crop on Croppaday?
    Posted 13 years ago by PropHat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • At the very least there should be festive-related quests on those days...
    Posted 13 years ago by Zana Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "Has there been a holiday during test yet?"
    Well, there was a hint with the holiday, yay, quest and the Glitchmas present.
    I'm expecting parties/projects, quests and special holiday foods. And candy.
    Posted 13 years ago by caley dunn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Why are game days so short, anyway? Devs? I was surprised when I saw that they didn't last the full 24 h a normal day does. I'm not sure whether that makes it better or worse, but I'm curious why you guys chose to make them so short.
    Posted 13 years ago by Cefeida Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I come close to death (and boredom) at the four hour mark. My character starts telling me it's getting full, I can't meditate anymore, I'm running out of food reserves and I've already petted and watered and nibbled and massaged and milked everything.
    Then the day rolls over and I can start it all again.
  • Yeah, I guess the other solution would be to scale up the days to 24hr as long as they scale up the amount you can meditate, the number of times you can pet a pig or whatever. Or maybe keep the 'you can only pet a pig every 4 hours' idea and if the day isnt over and you try too many times it can just say something like "Whoa there buddy, I think I need some space, come see me in a few hours"
    If that sort of thing is planned, I suspect we're working with short days just to test day rollover.
  • Though I still like my cycle of years idea ;)
  • Why does everything have to resemble the known world?
    If you can create anything, if you can invent a whole new world, why invent one that mirrors the real one. A day is 4 hours, becouse the giants want it that way. Also, it way more practical for energy refills & daily things. I see no problem to celebrate Zill-o-ween four/five times a year. If you really do, then just take a few days break when the hollidays are up.
    Posted 13 years ago by Slokda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Maybe now is the time to discuss Platypus Day.
    Posted 13 years ago by Nanookie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "Why does everything have to resemble the known world?"

Very good point. And you're very right about that there is absolutely no reason it should. I was just throwing ideas around. No one else has to like them and if no one does that's fine by me we dont have to.
    I personally like to see real world holidays represented in game. If we create a love holiday I think we should celebrate it sometime around mid-february in real world time. But if we create Bop-Someone-On-The-Head Day then it doesn't matter when it's celebrated does it?
    I just think if the holidays represent real world times they should coincide with real world times. (IMHO)

Feast of the Platypus should get it's own 57 day month (to make up for the missing days in the calendar) ;) LOL! (j/k)
  • I whole-heartedly endorse Nanookie's comment.
    Posted 13 years ago by PropHat Subscriber! | Permalink