Topic

Nice Changes in Latest Test

The numbers on the health meter, the changes in the top bar above the game and the garden working properly were all nice to see. I can't wait to see more.

It's unfortunate that the test had to close so early. I was just getting into it.

Some issues during this test were the stores buy/sell dialogs popping up behind the main dialog for the store. I was under the ground at one point, had to move over to a shallower area and jump back on the ground.

Ongoing issue from last test was having my character freeze while everything else was still going on in the background. Probably a lag issue since I have to log out then back in to fix it.

I can't remember anything else at the moment.

Posted 13 years ago by Johnny Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I agree. The store dialogues were a pain in the butt. Especially if you are buying more than one thing.
    Posted 13 years ago by Fizio Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'll add that every time I donated to a shrine and got +X favor with the shrine it would float around my character's head/body/general vicinity.
  • +1

I like the new meter organization.

One criticism—I was a bit scared of the "sign off" button. The old one said "save". Sign out was a bit confusing and final in comparison. I didn't know if it would also log me off the website (aka, ongoing skill learning).
    Posted 13 years ago by tiff Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 on the 'sign out' while in game. 'save' sounded... well, safer.
    Posted 13 years ago by Wrendolin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i think the change was made because some players last test were asking the devs if they'd lose everything if they forgot to click that link.

just closing the tab or the entire broswer is perfectly safe. i never bother with the link.
    Posted 13 years ago by striatic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think 'Save & Quit' would be the least confusing. Sign off sounds pretty terminal but personally I would expect any sign out to save progress in a game like this. If the button just said 'Save' it would lead be to believe that it is something I should do every 5 or 10 min or so (like maybe it has to be done manually because it's not being done in the background). But I guess I'd probably learn the first time it logged me out (maybe).
    I found 'sign out' to be confusing in the sense that I expected it to sign me completely out of my account rather than just "Leave the World" which, come to think of it, would probably be the best label for the button (IMHO).
    Posted 13 years ago by Cap'n Bob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh the most useful feature added is that I don't need to figure out when the day has changed! I can't believe I forgot that one. The first day I played I went through two or three days before logging out to do something. By the time I logged out my character was near dead and "full" and so on. The game automatically doing the new day things without logging out is a huge improvement.
  • "Leave the World" sounds very good, and is the opposite of the "Enter the World" .. even better.
    Posted 13 years ago by striatic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 on "Leave the world".
    Posted 13 years ago by tiff Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I never bothered with quit or save, just closed the browser.
    Posted 13 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 for "Leave the world".
    Posted 13 years ago by Helcat Subscriber! | Permalink
    Posted 13 years ago by Nexus6 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 for back to "Save & Quit"...
    Posted 13 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 for "Leave the world" - seems more personal to me. I like it.
    Posted 13 years ago by Xupa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 for "Leave the world". I prefer indicating that I have left rather than just navigating away from the game by closing the browser or jumping to another website.
    Posted 13 years ago by bluto Subscriber! | Permalink
    Posted 13 years ago by Nossidge Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The problem with "Save and Quit" is that it leaves open the confusion that if you don't hit that button (get kicked offline, browser crashes, you just leave the page, etc.) that somehow your session won't be saved.
    Posted 13 years ago by Fuzznozzle Subscriber! | Permalink