Topic

Greeter stick

How many of you actually used yours? Mine's still sitting in my cabinet. I've only played a little over a month, but I feel my level's too high for me to use the stick now. :s

Posted 12 years ago by kalsangikid Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I've never seen one... can I touch it?
    Posted 12 years ago by Shepherdmoon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • BTW, I've heard of a level 60 using a greeter stick (not sure how that happened), so as long as you feel like you have something to ask that won't waste the real-life greeter's time, go for it :).... or keep it forever as a monument to your total self-reliance.
  • It is almost impossible to waste a greeter's time.  On the other hand, don't feel obliged to use the stick, because once you do, it's gone.
    Posted 12 years ago by caley dunn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd love to buy it... how much do the things go for?
    Posted 12 years ago by Jus​tin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Aren't they soulbound?
    Posted 12 years ago by MaryLiLamb Subscriber! | Permalink
  • As are Play Cubes. But I've figured out how to trade them at will. Same method would theoretically work on a greeter stick (I'd love to test my theory).
    Posted 12 years ago by Jus​tin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ah, I was not aware Greeter Sticks disappear once you use them. I think I'll keep mine as a monument(:
    Posted 12 years ago by Shrimpables Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Should I be envious that I never got one of these greeter sticks? :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was just too enthusiastic about the game to actually use it, so I stuck it in the cabinet to make room in my pack for other stuff. Later, I invited my brother to play Glitch, and he told me how nice his greeter was, so I started wondering if I'd missed out on a key newbie experience. But I like like Shepherdmoon's suggestion to keep the stick as a souvenir, so that's what I'll do. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by kalsangikid Subscriber! | Permalink
  • They are 100% soulbound and not able to be dropped, placed, SDB'd, but can be put in a bag in a cabinet.

Unless you actually do need help the nice people who greet in the game are all well known people who you will encounter on a daily basis anyway.

If I decided to use a twig just for the experience (which really is a waste of the greeters time but they are so nice I'm sure they wouldn't complain) I would suggest using it in a weird or instanced location that only one person could traditionally exist.
    Posted 12 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I used mine on almost as soon as I got it, and met the most wonderful Glitch. She has taught me so much, and still teaches me now! MyooKat <3s MerMaid 4 eva XD
    Posted 12 years ago by MyooKat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have a greeters stick that I snuck out of an area I was not meant to be in. I cant bring myself to use it, if anyone wants to buy it send me a message. person with top price in next 24 hours can have it, if they know how to get it off me that is...
    Posted 12 years ago by jiva Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Some soul-bound items can be transferred by putting them in a small bag and then trading the small bag. 
    Posted 12 years ago by WalruZ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We tried that on the greeter stick in a bag and it said this bag cannot be traded/exchanged as it contains a soulbound item
    Posted 12 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Here is how you waste a greeter's time: call one, then tell them when they arrive that you don't want to talk to them (or just run off without saying anything). 
  • i think i somehow got rid of mine and i have no idea why i did that :(

(one time my bf was like, "you still have that thing?" and so i probably tried to be all grown up glitch about it and discarded it, but now i miss it as a souvenir.)

i actually had no idea what it did - i don't know how i completely glazed over that part, i just knew i had this stick in my bag for some reason.
    Posted 12 years ago by jerk nugget Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Does this happen?
    Who would do such a thing?
    How odd.
    Posted 12 years ago by CrashTestPilot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What in the world is a greeter stick?  This is the first I've heard of it.
    Posted 12 years ago by E D D I E Subscriber! | Permalink
  • EDDIE: behold--the Greeter Twig: i.imgur.com/DJ6Mo.png
    Posted 12 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I thought it was a stick to find something.. like water.  Then I tried to use it the other night and it told me all Greeters were busy.  I like the idea, but maybe if there was a quest to make use of it earlier on in the game, like a tutorial, that would have helped greatly.  Some newbs are afraid to ask people for help so that would be a nice ice breaker.
    Posted 12 years ago by Chibirella Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The tutorial tells you at the end how to use your stick. But maybe the tutorial tells you so many things that people don't really remember it.

In general, I don't mind greeting people (and meeting people), no matter what level they are. Meeting other players is fun.

But calling and then running away or refusing to talk is indeed a bit annoying.
    Posted 12 years ago by Louis Louisson Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What Louis said.

As a greeter, I can tell you we wait anxiously for the needy Glitch to tweak their Twig and we are disappointed/frustrated to be ignored or ditched by the greetee. If you use your Twig, please at least stop to talk for a bit. We like to socialize and help other players broaden their experience of the game (and we have a wealth of information and experience to share)--those are the main reasons we became greeters. Many folks' first and longest friend in Glitch is their greeter. Don't run: start a friendship!
    Posted 12 years ago by Kip Konner Subscriber! | Permalink