Topic

Confess your closely-kept secret bugs!

I never told anyone that I have a secret forest in my house: http://lem.to/p/1h92

Anyone else have any cards they've been holding close to their chest? Any last minute exploits we can exploit now that it'd be mostly harmless? I think mine was possibly due to downsizing my house three times, but I didn't experiment too much since I really wanted to keep it.

Posted 11 years ago by scragz Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 3 Next
  • Sorry gumpie, but no, that is not the way I was talking about.  My way does not require you to leave Cebarkul at all.
    Posted 11 years ago by Fullmetal Geek Subscriber! | Permalink
  • And my way it's not a "sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't" :)
  • I have an alt parked on my main's pre-housing-reset street. The only way in or out is to TP to her. The only advantage is access to a few gardens, and the knowledge of a Very Secret Place. If anyone is dying to see it, let me know privately and I'll come in as her so you can TP to me.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lilith Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Most people probably know, but many of us used to gather under the stairs in Guillermo Gamera Way. I don't know how the first person got in but we all had teleport scripts. Also, if someone was already under the stairs, all you had to do was Follow them and you would get pulled under too. If you walked too far to the right, you got bumped out onto the stairs and had to follow someone back under.

I don't know if this bug got fixed or not, but back when foxes were first released, if you launched a fox bait near the exit sign, it would sometimes land outside where the fox could go, so it could never eat the bait, and therefore it would run back and forth until the bait burned out. Launch another bait in the same spot and repeat.
    Posted 11 years ago by KatGamer Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Fullmetal Geek clearly does not get the concept of what it means to confess one's secret bugs, hee!
    Posted 11 years ago by Sirentist Subscriber! | Permalink
  • And Sirentist clearly could not see that I wanted to see if anyone else could figure it out, "hee!"  -.-
  • @Fullmetal Geek - Apparently not... Care to share?
    Posted 11 years ago by Goodnight Groddle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I haven't read this whole thread so sorry if this is a repeat. If you want to go behind the counter at any of the Bureaucratic halls this is how you do it:

1. Get a friend
    2. you and the friend have to enter the hall the same time so you end up inside together (this also works with multiple people)
    3. Jump up against the invisible barrier by the counter and start a race ticket (such as Space Race) get your partner to accept it and keep jumping up against the barrier till it starts (both of you!).
    4. Go through the race and when it is ending press right and jump a lot.
    5. One of you should end up behind the counter and the other can follow.
    6. Enjoy working with the lizards.
    Posted 11 years ago by ThursdayNext Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Great stories guys. Anyone got some more?
    Posted 11 years ago by Sweet Stuff Ng Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Fullmetal Geek: My way does not require you to leave Cebarkul at all.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're describing, but are you talking about following someone while you are jumping, having them go up the vine, and then getting the slip?
    Posted 11 years ago by Wrong Way Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Once I discovered that a tool vendor was buying some machine part for higher than a sale price. I started buying and selling back to him. At one point, while I was happily doing business, devs corrected the prices. I haven’t noticed this right away and end up losing money. I never complained;)
    Posted 11 years ago by Fly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • that was all teh bugs in teh world?
    Posted 11 years ago by IxÆoN Subscriber! | Permalink
  • no, just all the bugs people kept secret - either because they were exploits or because it can be fun to have a harmless secret.

Whereas, I never kept my cool lag bug a secret, because it wasn't an exploit and I wanted to share, so this is the wrong thread for it. (To wit: sometimes my house would load really slowly for no real reason at all, and for a minute or two my street background would be my wallpaper. it was really cool!)
    Posted 11 years ago by Faranae Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 3 Next