Topic

Confess your closely-kept secret bugs!

I never told anyone that I have a secret forest in my house: http://lem.to/p/1h92

Anyone else have any cards they've been holding close to their chest? Any last minute exploits we can exploit now that it'd be mostly harmless? I think mine was possibly due to downsizing my house three times, but I didn't experiment too much since I really wanted to keep it.

Posted 11 years ago by scragz Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• There have been so many little and big bugs here and there in Glitch. I think they're part of why Glitch died, the whole Flash not being... well, I guess supportable and full of errors and lag on the large scale, but they were also part of what made this game so fun.

I did figure out a bug or two by my own, though in no way did I 'own' these bugs. Many bugs were taught and shared to and by me, and I enjoyed this. I know many people avidly pursued finding bugs, which were pretty awesome, etc.
    Posted 11 years ago by Palindrome Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The giants must really hate me.
    postimage.org/image/vbzk09tx3/

You can break the game of crowns by dying during a game. If you also look at my address bar, there is the flash check bypass.

postimage.org/image/rj0vt90lf/
    postimage.org/image/e0db5bcfp/
    postimage.org/image/gd1dwyg5b/

Before the reset, you can also fill every slot of your element bag with the same element.
    postimage.org/image/kbdibxemj/

I still use a spoofed version of Flash 10.1 that came preinstalled with 10.6 that is supposed to be unsupported.
    postimage.org/image/jvy5bs6yx/
    postimage.org/image/6sfgl93ud/

I still can play the game with a flash version that has the text bug, but I don't report it because it is my fault for not upgrading. This bug also happens when I give a house key to someone.
    postimage.org/image/j1wtmn4in/
    postimage.org/image/79uax91i9/

If you get a super harvest right when you exit a map, the item appears above your head.
    postimage.org/image/860dtlksl/

You used to be able to plant herbs in crop gardens and during the glitch, seeds were referred as default seeds.
    postimage.org/image/d1hi8jbfj/
    postimage.org/image/ec7rimq8r/

Hell One is actually called Purgatory
    postimage.org/image/bo0ptnprr/
    postimage.org/image/4ezzyrlvp/

Did you know you can actually use javascript to mess around with facial features in the vanity such as by inputing negative values to flip them?
    postimage.org/image/m06pc7c2p/

Did you know of an animal glitch where sprites double up? Here I have a piggy with 2 heads and 8 legs.
    postimage.org/image/hoj0vrhoh/

Did you know I was the first glitch at Rasana?
    postimage.org/image/jab0lc7q5/
    postimage.org/image/l43k3kqpj/
    postimage.org/image/ie2mthzjp/
    postimage.org/image/l32hgpghj/
    postimage.org/image/uy9ntmm8t/
    Posted 11 years ago by Macs Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I used Rainbow Juice to get through Walk Toward the Light, after my computer wouldn't react quickly enough for me to get through it and I found I couldn't use Spinach. I passed it on to one other person, but that was it.
    Posted 11 years ago by Djabriil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love all of you with your captive Ilmenskie Jones-es.  In fact, I love all pig related shenanigans.  Back in the old housing, I remember someone moved into a house only to discover that the cabinet was full of hogtied pigs...
    Posted 11 years ago by Zoethor2 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Not an in-game exploit, but if you name a forum post with something that has to do with Glitch that doesn't sound controversial, but could be an idea, offer, etc, if will stay in general. The forum moderator will not read it. 

E.g. http://www.glitch.com/forum/general/21728/
    Posted 11 years ago by Rook Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I (and a friend) named Trisor.

www.glitch.com/status/PHVMU...
    Posted 11 years ago by Avery♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *raises hand* I am the friend that helped with Trisor's invention, and back story.
    Posted 11 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If you don't like offer #5 when trading with the Rube, just press ESC to exit out of your trade negotiation and then drop whatever item(s) he wanted from you (on offer #5 only). Talk to him again and he will start over from offer #1. It might take dozens of tries, but eventually you can get a doll or cubimal box. That's obviously how some people got so many dolls.

If you drop too many items, he might leave, so pick some of them back up after a while.
    Posted 11 years ago by Magic Miles Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Kaelyn your post made me have to pee, I laughed so hard.
    Posted 11 years ago by Felicia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Macs... you're playing Glitch in... an old Whistler build? 0_o
    Posted 11 years ago by Jus​tin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Contraband packages from the Smuggler and home visits from a Deimaginator:

Packages in a bag

Verbs: Check Address and Drop

If you accept the Smuggler's offer to transport contraband and type /home or /tower or /house in local instead of going to the location you're given you will still have the package. A Deimaginator will follow you, but if you can throw the bag with the package in a cabinet or move to a different floor you can escape with the package and he will leave. It was pretty easy until lag overcame houses and towers but I found the package would be snatched even as my house would be loading.

You can't do anything at all with the contraband; if you take it out of the bag it will disappear, even to put it in a cabinet, but you can pass the bag to someone. 

I don't have any pictures of the Deimaginator in my house handy but I'm sure someone else does.
    Posted 11 years ago by Wrong Way Subscriber! | Permalink
  • well.. for a while i had two trees growing in the same plot, which came from rearranging the yard .. moving a tree to the far right .. it zoomed back to its original place, but i had already put another tree there.. so i had a cherry bean tree ..
    Posted 11 years ago by tuqui Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wrong Way, I have a snap of a deimaginator in my house: lem.to/p/SqlH (And also, an entire Bigger Bag of contraband, although I procured mine slightly differently from the way you described—I put the contraband in a bag and take it to its destination, then drop the bag and talk to the smuggler. This way you get to keep the contraband, which is safe in its bag on the ground even though you'll see the little animation of contraband getting whisked out of your inventory, AND the diamond reward.)
    Posted 11 years ago by Melismata Rookwood Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What happens if you "Check Address", presumably when you're on a smuggler run?

--Me, always in too much of a hurry to even realize there were verbs on the packages.

p.s. I can't decide if I love or hate this thread, but I'm definitely FASCINATED.
    Posted 11 years ago by SchWM Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Check Address just pulls up the map and shows you the destination street.
    Posted 11 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There was a bug with the Tickets To Paradise where you could run across a qq, get the img for it, and still would be there. I got about 100k img testing it and then reported it. Kept all the img.
    Posted 11 years ago by JohnaMarie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Forever a garden gnome was stuck in my front yard with the goofy face that they make, and I set it up as a photobooth, but now its been "fixed", as it is still stuck, won't say anything, but doesn't make the goofy awesome face anymore.
    Posted 11 years ago by HAVOK PEW SUMMERS Subscriber! | Permalink
  • these have already been mentioned.. I have a captive Ilmenskie Jones and I left ice under my floor :) lem.to/p/r6Au
    Posted 11 years ago by applecat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have also encountered uncollectable Crazy Coins that granted iMG each time I touched them; after reloading, the glitch :-) stopped occurring.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mercedes Kimura Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ Magic Miles: The Rube secret worked! He eventually dropped a Ludwig doll for me. Whoo Hoo!
    Posted 11 years ago by GreyGoose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Applecat- you were able to drop your hogtided IJ!
    Posted 11 years ago by M<3tra, obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Magic Miles: Thanks for that Rube tip! Got myself a useful new Nietzsche doll. Great deal, great deal, etc.
    Posted 11 years ago by scragz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You can drop cubimals in fox preserves!! I discovered this only tonight: lem.to/p/YQBe
  • somewhere there is a very friendly fox that needs no bait and just loves being brushed.
    Posted 11 years ago by Slippy (Throb) Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Two trees in one patch:
    www.glitch.com/snaps/PHVT2V...

And two layers of fireflies (wild and domestic ones do not mix well)
    Posted 11 years ago by nekomaki Subscriber! | Permalink
  • And one more recent - apparently that no-drop policy is not so strict in the paradise ticket locations:
    Posted 11 years ago by nekomaki Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The very friendly fox is in Jansib Preserve...I think
    Posted 11 years ago by M<3tra, obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Nooo, the friendly fox is in Jiji Preserve...

i actually have it set as one of my teleport points.
    Many a bugged fiber have i pilfered from that fox ;)
    Posted 11 years ago by Cryptic Ellipsis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • One of my TP points is Onbo Park because you can ignite a bait on the ranger side of the sign so it's inaccessible to foxes. Convenient!
  • I was one of the ones who got a massive stash of furniture as well. I sold some of it, kept a lot of it, and felt bad about not saying a word. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Mrs. Peacock Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Cryptic:Thanks for the tip, works great!

I can make butterflys and batterflys follow me.  All you need to do is click on the butterfly/batterfly so the icon comes up and click in any chat.  Perfect for collecting guano  :)

Batterguards ;)
    Posted 11 years ago by Golden Apple Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I also received a full set of the subscriber furniture I had already placed in my house when I built my tower. It was just suddenly there in my tower inventory. When I asked about it, I was told they knew, and just go ahead and keep it. I used the second set to help furnish gable875's place because she did not have a subscription.

Back in our old cottages, I received 3 dolls (1 complete set) out of the Rube by doing the more traditional and known method of holding no bags in your inventory and filling all 16 spaces with items he doesn't trade for. Gems, funpickle, random kindness, Greeter badge, etc. On the 5th offer, he would give you a doll. Then it got "fixed" but you could still do it by holding only expensive items in your 16 spaces like smelters, etc. I got 3 more dolls (another complete set) this way. I promptly gave them to my friend Pinkey. So I got 6 dolls out of 9 tries. 3 tries he froze, which is what would sometimes happen if you tried to drop items which was a trick I had heard about but never worked for me.
    I also have a Uralia Vendor cubi that hangs from my bedroom chandelier, a phantom cubi hanging in the window above my couch, and a teddy hanging from my kitchen wall. What a party that was! lem.to/p/9shU lem.to/p/5uPZ lem.to/p/QKvS

Not really a sneak but fun none the less: I loved on that FunPickle for an entire year and got no GNG when everyone else had one. I finally reported it and Mr Conklin told me the GNG had already been dispensed according to their records. But I didnt have it and I hadn't lent it out to anyone. I didnt complain but I emailed Mr Conklin about how one little sexy Glitch could love on and squeeze on and rub up against a FunPickle for a whole entire year and get no satisfaction in return. The next day, a GNG appeared in my inventory. Thanks Mr Conklin! lol. The following week (Murphy's Law) my friend gable875 took hold of my FunPickle and out came a GNG. Which made me feel kinda weird that she satisfied Senor FunPickle so quickly. So I promptly gave that GNG to my friend ghostie. (proof that pickles used to be able to dispense more than one when traded to a friend). I never profited from anything but other people definitely benefited. Which is just another reason we love Glitch.
    Posted 11 years ago by Dagnabbit Rabbit Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Anyone else?

Buehler?

--Me
    Posted 11 years ago by SchWM Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My moving boxes had lots of containers in them (bags, pouches, toolboxes, spice racks, etc) and you could use all the bag space inside and carry a LOT or have every recipe for every tool lit  I started to report bugs I would have with them trying to get them fixed, until was clear they would likely be taken away, force opened, or otherwise nerfed before getting fixed so I stopped reporting.

You used to be able to get badges in hell and if you were close enough to leveling, the xp or iMG you got from the badge would level you up and you'd have infinite energy in hell and you could do things like make cheese for people or let butterflies out and sing to your hearts content, etc.  Eventually enough reports were made to get that "fixed"

When we had the performance testing, I created an alt and got in there then exited the game.  later when the tests were turned off, and I logged in as that character i was in souless and I thought it would be cool to just live there and see how far I could get completely isolated from everybody and gaining items only from auctions, and xp only by the few things i had available to me. I was trying to get to the point that I could take a snap, and make a TP script in there. I couldn't get any bags so my inventory was strewn all over the ground.  I had live animals and everything.  I kept slowly leveling and learning skills and collecting items.  The problem was the unexpected. The devs reopened the testing and found all my stuff lying around and cleaned up, then added to the performance testing forum post that they weren't happy about people setting up camp in those testing levels. Then when I logged in I was in there in the middle of somebody elses testing with them, so i /homed out of there.
    Posted 11 years ago by IxÆoN Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I keep flying guano. For some reason, everytime I use it all, it restocks.
    I also have wall-shelf doors.
    www.glitch.com/snaps/PUV1J3...
    Posted 11 years ago by 3jm2fg1gc Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was sure that someone else had figured this out but I had my own permenent copy of the Crabs Headphones.

I got the idea from playing Elder Scrolls Morrowind and the plater trick in the first house of the game. You get the item then drop it to the ground quickly. Once the event is over you pick it back up and have it for yourself.
    Posted 11 years ago by Dreadd Jester Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There used to be a bug in the Game of Crowns that allowed you to create a "dead" game instance; there would be no crown and no timer, but you could still move around. Being an avid GoC player, I loved this bug, as it allowed me to learn, practice, and teach all the moves I wanted! Unfortunately, it was just too difficult for the Giants to imagine a game room with no game, so this wonderful glitch was nerfed a while ago. :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Sweet Stuff Ng Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Also, thanks to scragz for starting this thread, and to everyone else for posting on it. All of these quirks where really fun to read about!
  • I have these tiny machines. They're the result of a bug that lasted a couple days shortly after we made the move to new housing. They're completely useless; you can't craft with them or drop them (except in a bag) or display them in SDBs. But they're cute, and they give new item iMG to anyone who holds them, and according to at least one dev, they're super rare, perhaps even the only examples in the game.

They're all named Bruce and I love them very, very much.
    Posted 11 years ago by Sirentist Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Not really a bug per se, but I figured out how to take Snaps of Flying Yetis. I made a tutorial about how it is done.
    Posted 11 years ago by The Cat Face Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ix, your story about Soulless cracked me up.  :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Zoethor2 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I guess the only bug I've seen is once I was on a street that said there was a rook attack but we couldn't fight it. It just flew around in a circle for a long time. So I took pictures of me chasing it.

www.glitch.com/snaps/PUV784...
    www.glitch.com/snaps/PUV784...
    Posted 11 years ago by hollyok Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Nice pictures hollyok!
  • For a few days I used an auto-keyboard software for collecting guano. Hundreds of guano in matter of minutes. Yup.
    Posted 11 years ago by Electric Wizard Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Before the housing reset I had a snow cone vendor deco in my backyard.
    Posted 11 years ago by Eye Wonder Subscriber! | Permalink
  • These are so much fun! More stories, please!
    Posted 11 years ago by Little Poundcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I will always fondly remember Volkov's test-housing yard sale.
    i.imgur.com/MbBBY.png
    Posted 11 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It was really awesome living in Soulless.  Very Serene, but with a dash of constant danger that somebody might soon figure me out.  I really wish it would have been instanced and I could have just stayed there with that character :)
    Posted 11 years ago by IxÆoN Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I know how to walk on the bottom of the Cebarkul vine under the island!!  Was very fun to do, even bet that if anyone figured out how to do it I would give them a 130k bead! No one won!
    Posted 11 years ago by Fullmetal Geek Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Fullmetal Geek:

Stand stump under vine.
    Click on Vine and it will put you on the vine in standing still mode.
    Type /home in local, enter
    When home click far side of minimap and while walking type /leave in local and enter
    While Cebarkul location loading click on something in your bags, a musicblock for instance
    After location loads the item menu opens and you can click Info, leave the info popup open.  you can move it out the way if you want.

Your glitch will still be on the vine, suspended, and appear to you on your screen as it is still in mid-walk mode, but to everyone else it appears your glitch is walking, suspending, without moving.

edit: or you can just click at the vine when not directly below it, sometimes you'll stick to it and keep walking mode :)
    Posted 11 years ago by gumbie Subscriber! | Permalink