Topic

Five Stages of Grief

Denial
Anger
Bargaining 
Depression
Acceptance

Regarding Glitch closing, what stage are you on?

Posted 11 years ago by Eye Wonder Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 Next
  • I flip flop between denial and acceptance, while being depressed the whole time. Honestly, I have no idea how to feel. I never was angry, though.
    Posted 11 years ago by Fernstream Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What I hate most is that feeling when I wake up and realize again each morning that Glitch is ending. So, so sad about this.
    Posted 11 years ago by Gelderlin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think I will be stuck in depression until the final GNG is played and the servers are shut down. At that point I think my healing will start.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have to say, every time I realise how much detail and work was put into this game, I have a moment of 'Wtf!!!'

Glitch doesn't deserve to close.
    Posted 11 years ago by Cefeida Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am with Mal'akh, I am not going to be able to move on until there is just no way to get back in. And while I and other Glitchen have been joining up in other places (FB, Goodreads etc), I am utterly wrecked for anything else.   The thought of starting another game and choosing a class (warrior! healer! stripper elf!) and digitally embiggening my bazooms is completely ludicrous. 

I can't even play very often, and when I do play, I am not even that dedicated, but so what---stats don't begin to express the depth of feeling I have about it.  I have always preferred games with a beginning, middle and end, and a story to tell me...but this is not the ending I would have picked for this game.  I have a G-shaped space carved out of me right now, and no idea what I am going to fill it with.  

ETA: Can I also just mention...several of my online friends played the original GNE, and the experience bonded them forever, it's really clear.  I think that stoot, eric, Bees and the other key components of Tiny Speck (and Ludicorp, don't forget Ludicorp) have a particular talent for creating a wonderful space to be in, and encouraging people to fall madly in love with that space and each other.  
    Posted 11 years ago by Nanookie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • sad acceptance T'ra xx
    Posted 11 years ago by icatchm0nkeys Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Nanookie -- so right you are, and so bonded are we all.

Be well, love you all.
    --ER.
    Posted 11 years ago by Eleanor Rigby Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Helping others.
    Posted 11 years ago by NightDraconis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Acceptance, but I'm still denying it...
    Posted 11 years ago by Zsorbert Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think I'm in denial at this point. I'm having a lot of fun with the game right now; I'll have time to be sad once it's all said and done. Now, I'm taking many snapshots and exploring areas that I hadn't seen before due to my extended, college-induced hiatus from Glitch. Places like Distant End and the area you can get to from it make me sentimental, and I have made sure to say my heartfelt thanks to Tiny Speck and goodbye to Glitch as well as securing plans for future games that I will play.

To me, the saddest thing to think about is what will happen to the Tiny Speck employees who worked so hard on this game. I'm sure it breaks their hearts to have to shut it down, not to mention the job loss! Also, I know a lot of players feel like they'll have nowhere to go after Glitch shuts down, so I'm trying to do my part to keep at least a few bits and pieces of the community together, particularly by forming a Neopets guild dedicated to Glitch. The two games are hardly comparable to me, but having some of my fellow Glitchen around should hopefully take the inevitable sting out of losing the game.
    Posted 11 years ago by Vexia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I haven't played since the announcement because the idea of opening the game makes me more sad. But I will play some soon as I do want to experience some of the new stuff they have released.

I have not played so frequently so the closing does not leave a gaping hole in my everyday life. But still it makes me sad that something so beautiful and special should just disappear.

And it breaks my heart to think of the devs who worked crazy hours for several years to build the world for us. How sad this must be for them as well. I can't imagine that anyone could work on Glitch and just think of it as "just work".
    Posted 11 years ago by Vic Fontaine Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Depression, I feel kind of lost. This game was perfect for me. Sometimes I want to be social, or sometimes I want to play for hours by myself. Glitch was perfect like that. Nothing compares :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Polly Nomial Subscriber! | Permalink
  • D-E-N-I-A-L denial. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Kristabel Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 Next