Topic

TS: Please release a proper soundtrack - I want FLACs or at least high quality MP3s! (Pretty please)

You might very well be preparing this already, and to everybody who is going to mention it - I know about the thread with all the in game audio files in it - but let me state my suggestion anyway:

There is SO much music in Glitch. Music that so far only have been released as highly compressed MP3 files or have been unearthed by users and have weird track names like 49379873thingamajig-3.2. This is better than nothing, but why have ponies when you can have full blown flying unicorns? You should make an album compiling ALL the music FROM all the streets and special locations, give the tracks proper names, get your wonderful designers to do a proper cover, and then throw the whole thing on bandcamp.com. This way you could demand a minimum price you find reasonable, and at the same time give us all a way to tip and donate to Tiny Speck since bandcamp allows costumers to pay above the asking price. Bandcamp also lets costumers download their music in whichever format they desire, and let me be honest - I really want the in-game music as lossless flac files!

So I implore you, Tiny Speck: Do what you do best and let this little piece of imagination materialize! 

Posted 11 years ago by BenAlex Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Yes please. Pretty please. With all my collected cherries on top.
    Posted 11 years ago by lris Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Stoot mentioned an iTunes and possibly Amazon release of the music in Global chat. Bandcamp is another really good idea. :-)
    Posted 11 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is an amazing idea! As long as it has all of the music from every area, and is not just limited to Ipod users (I'm poor lol) then I will highly pleased :D.
    Posted 11 years ago by Ambillina Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would be happy to buy the music through whatever forum it's offered! :)
    (Especially the music from Aranna and Uutiif!)
    Posted 11 years ago by Dr.Maud, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We'll get the good stuff to you guys! Pardon us while we figure out exactly how we do that. It will happen, though.
    Posted 11 years ago by Little Poundcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You're mega Pardon'ed Little Poundcake! Take your time, I was mealy thinking out loud :) 
  • Danny's reply => http://www.glitch.com/forum/general/29544/308946/
    Posted 11 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh, I hope it's not just iTunes and Amazon. :( Two big, world-devouring stores I hate to buy from.
    Posted 11 years ago by Cefeida Subscriber! | Permalink
  • BenAlex, you have a special little spot in my heart!  The soundtrack is so happening!

I was going through all the music today and found about 4.5 hrs of music that is in the game...not to mention stuff that didn’t make it!

Most of the music as it exists is either split up into short sections and played randomly to provide variation, or designed to loop on itself.  I'd like to take the ambient sections and blend them together more organically; give all of the songs beginnings and endings; improve mixes that were rushed in order to get the music into the game; and, have it professionally mastered so that it will play well against other tracks and albums in whatever player you use.

Creating for Glitch has been an amazing experience.  I’m stoked put something together we can remember Glitch by!  Maybe even vinyl!?
    Posted 11 years ago by Danny Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Danny-- go to sleep. We lobe you.

--Me
    Posted 11 years ago by SchWM Subscriber! | Permalink
  • VINYL?!?!? VINYL?!?! Danny, you speak the language of my soul :D 
  • Danny <3

I am honestly not sure I would have loved Glitch half as much if it didn't have all that amazing music. I'm a bit of a geek for video game soundtracks, I always thought they were underappreciated. There is a radio station here which plays classical and instrumental music, and they had a show dedicated to game soundtracks...for a while. I was so annoyed when they stopped airing it.

And the Glitch music...I'm in awe of the music blocks. Seriously. So many tiny little tunes, each from a different world! Quite a few of them are stuck in my head :P 

Slightly off-topic: You wouldn't happen to have any royalty free tunes for sale, would you? I make stop-motion animations with kids, and every tiny film (they're never longer than two, three minutes) has to have a soundtrack, so I'm forever scouring the internet for short, expressive, cartoonish music that I can use.

You're good people, Danny, and you make good music. What troubles me is I can't find your website, and I'd like to be able to keep track of you after the game closes...sooooo....?
    Posted 11 years ago by Cefeida Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Danny!!! All of that sounds amazing. Thank you so much!
    Posted 11 years ago by Sterne Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love the music here. So glad we don't have to lose it forever!
    Posted 11 years ago by Samerina Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Cefeida, you can hear some of Danny's banjo and vocals here: http://saturdaysaints.bandcamp.com/
    Posted 11 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • BenAlex, I'd totally be into doing a double vinyl of the music of Ur with a jacket covered in Kukubee's art. But! I'd have to figure out if there'd be enough interest.  

Cefeida, not I don't have a catalogue of royalty free tunes atm, sorry!  No web site.  I know, I know... -- but very soon!
    Posted 11 years ago by Danny Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Danny, have you considered Kickstarter? You could see if you can pre-sell enough copies to cover a vinyl pressing run. Alas, I have no way to play vinyl but I'd be up for a CD rather than digital download and I'd happily prepurchase it on Kickstarter or a similar service.
  • I'm with Lucille on this, Danny. I have supported many cool endeavors through Kickstarter & would love to have Glitch album (with Kukubee cover art!!) in vinyl, CD, mp3, Edison wax cylinder....
    Posted 11 years ago by katyroo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would also prepurchase.

--Me
    Posted 11 years ago by SchWM Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sound is something I'd also invest in. I could look at screenshots/snaps & listen to the sounds that made me so happy!
    Posted 11 years ago by Vague Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OK, now I NEED a soundtrack to listen to while I browse Kukubee's art book!
  • It's coming!
    Posted 11 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Excellent! <3