Topic

Qua!

i have been pouring over sound files i m sure i have everything downloadable, and got the stuff from dropbox. what i want is the "Qua!' exclamation that Glitchen say when things go wrong, I don t know what it might be named, or where else to look.
 think of when your shovel ,pick or whatever broke and your Glitch said "...!" this word. i really want it before stuff goes off line, anyone? any leads any names? any ideas are greatly appreciated :D

Posted 6 years ago by tiggy Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Try 1281392480-Friend_offline_1.1.mp3 (edit: preview ogg - from pvz)
    Posted 6 years ago by Lemo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Do you mean the Wilhelm scream?

www.dropbox.com/s/ycvanvjnr...

(Main sounds folder: www.dropbox.com/sh/yz2my9a9...)

More info re. the sound: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhe...
    Posted 6 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think the Wilhelm scream is definitely more like Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggghh :p
    I wonder where it was supposed to be used in Glitch though, or if it ever was
    (I'm using it in Planks Vs Zomblitch when they eat your bacon :p)
    Posted 6 years ago by Lemo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hehe! The qua sounds like a poorly version of Henry's Cat (from the theme tune): youtu.be/Ub3MJY_I2hU
    Posted 6 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ahhh  may Giants  bless you Lemo!  It s like completing the final quest!  that is the sound that stuck in my mind when i started playing, and eventually started using it in my daily life  it expressed so much. I just wanted to have it  and hold on to the actual sound  . Glitchen are so awesome. I think of this as a diaspora  rather than an ending.
  • Oh, thank you so very much!!! This has become my brain's default critical stop sound for some reason. I'm so glad to actually have a file of it now, rather than just the usual effect in my head (which competes with the voices for primacy). <_<
    Posted 6 years ago by TransplantedEntwife Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @TransplantedEntwife, that is exactly it lol
  • hahaha, I can make that sound for you!!  I make the sound whenever my guy opens the car door without turning the lock first and sets the alarm off!!!  "Qua", and I make the sound with a touch of disappointment and exasperation, as if to say, you know you can't harvest plots in such quick succession without setting off the Qua sound, tsk tsk tsk...
    Posted 6 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • LOL Minkey - you are cracking me up tonight mdf! "Qua" it is - such a perfect little sound of wrongness!
    Posted 6 years ago by Hab Subscriber! | Permalink
  • okay, okay, time to fess up....AND, he makes the sound everytime I trip on my gigantic pyjama pant legs!!  I keep saying, "I'll sew them, I'll sew them" but I never do and then, whoops, that was a close one followed by his silliness "Qua!"  cracks me up too, Hab!!
    Posted 6 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink