Topic

parties

may you please add a feature so that you can host a party at your house. It would be great if you add this feature to glitch but its fine if you don't because it was just an idea.

Posted 14 years ago by drakodood Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• oops sorry i should of posted this in the idea section.
  • You already can host a party at your house. Just tell people to knock on your door, cram them all in, and start partying. ^^
    Posted 14 years ago by Catriona Subscriber! | Permalink
  • we've had a couple parties. lots of people standing in the same space as tests end. that constitutes the type of party you are thinking about, i guess.
    Posted 14 years ago by striatic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Both parties had sneak peeks. There were at least 2 new things I saw yesterday, but I can't remember them both offhand.
    Posted 14 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sneak peaks?

Was it the bears and the blue glob? ^^
  • oh yeah, yep. I wasn't sure about the orangy powder.
  • The orangy powder was new too?

Oops. I accidentally offered mine to Lem.
  • maybe not, I'd just never seen the graphic before
  • I wonder what the blue glob was. A new animal?

Hmm, maybe eventually the devs will make some party items... maybe a giant bouncy ball you can kick around, or a confetti machine? Maybe even musicblocks that can blast music to the whole area / location! ^^
  • +1 for party items!
    Posted 14 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Party invitations that can teleport you to the party might be interesting too.

And an option to actively invite others into your house, instead of making them knock.
  • yeah that is like exactly what I was thinking.

1.Actively inviting players.
    2.Party items.

also I was thinking that when you are hosting a party a sign appears in front of your house saying PARTY unless the party is only for your friends and you. Also balloons may appear in front of your house as well.
  • I really like the teleporting party invite idea. Maybe you could invite all your contacts to your house with one click?
    Posted 14 years ago by Helcat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Maybe they can make items (like the aforementioned balloons and sign) that only you can drop and pick up (and they get auto picked up after x minutes or after you go two locations away from your current location). You can still give them to people by dragging them onto the people, but they can't be picked up.

That way, you could conceivably drop the sign anywhere you want, without making them end up everywhere, and it isn't limited to just houses. ^^
  • Teleporting party invitations, bah! Why when I was a young'un on Glitch we used to walk everywhere! Uphill both ways! I say teleporting party invites should be really expensive for the sender! That way if you get one, you know that's going to be one swanky party!
    Posted 14 years ago by FrankenPaula Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Some great party ideas. I like the idea of balloons or a sign letting people know you are having a party :)
    Posted 14 years ago by jdawg Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay! A staff person agrees with us! ^^