Topic

What do you do when Glitch is closed?

I'm feeling lost and hopeless in the giant Real World. ._.

Posted 14 years ago by Catriona Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• wait for glitch to come back.
    Posted 14 years ago by sleepinggiant Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hah. ._.

Ooh! I have an idea! Let's do a Glitch roleplay on the forums! ^^

Who's interested?
  • I'd be interested to know what other games people are playing to pass the time.
    Posted 14 years ago by FrankenPaula Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Team Fortress 2
    Posted 14 years ago by Alex Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i usually just stumbleupon while waiting anxiously for the next test.

yeah, i don't have a life.
  • One can always play with the auction (which seems to be working).
    Posted 14 years ago by Mina Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I work - luckily I work from home doing UX design and graphics, so I can wait around for a Twitter notification of the game being open. :D

The first rule of Glitch is, you do not talk about Glitch. So sayeth the admins.
    The second rule of Glitch is, there shall be no other games before Glitch. So sayeth the Giants.
    Posted 14 years ago by Bingobar Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm checking all the time to see if it's open again :)
    I'm starting to have withdrawals ;)
    Posted 14 years ago by sarahcooley Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I recommend following both @playglitch and @isglitch open, and then having twitter send you updates on your cellphone.

Or you can use either of those twitter accounts and subscribe to the RSS feeds. You can even have RSS sent to your email inbox to notify you. I made a personal Yahoo! Pipe that notifies me when there's an update.
  • I'm following both already. And every time I check I'm disappointed that all I see is people talking about how great their lives are and nothing about Glitch! DX
  • I have been waiting to be a tester for months, finally got the invite this weekend and my wife, son, and I played a lot this weekend. Was extremely fun. Then I had to tell my son that as a tester he must go without now. So now we are just doing artwork, schoolwork, riding bikes, playing console games, oh and talking about when we get to play again.

My only wish was that they had more lands developed as I'm already wishing for more to explore. I know its early alpha, but one can dream. Great job to everyone so far, looks great!
    Posted 14 years ago by Georgio Zimbabwe Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There will be! ^^

But I haven't even explored all the existing locations yet. ._.
  • i just want glitch to not be closed.
    that's all i ask, haha
  • Unfortunately, we can't really expect them never to close, since we're still in testing. :P
  • I just keep checking to see if the world's open again.
    Posted 14 years ago by greywolf Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I check the forums way too much.

And I'm (failing at) trying to make a fan game! ^^

Maybe tomorrow I'll have a working prototype. It'll be a tree you have to keep poking before it dies.
  • @Dryea - That should be your entire game...just make sure the tree doesn't die. But, like, in real-time. Or maybe just time that's sped up 5-6 times.
  • And I should make it a mobile app so you can water and check on your tree on the go! ^^

The advertisements you see can be inversely proportional to the health of your plants...
  • i play puzzlepirates and cry quietly to myself :D
    Posted 14 years ago by EgIantine Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I saw the new game made by the KOL guys. It's in early alpha. You are in a world made with Flash. It's all somehow familiar. And COLOR! Scrabble kol is the best way I can think to describe it.
    Posted 14 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hmmm... really anticipating another go at it...I only had ten minutes of an introduction to Glitch... S'pose I was invited late and last weekend's test closed shortly after I returned home from working all weekend.
    In the meantime:
    -doing real life stuff like waxing my legs and listening to Tango in the Night, bicycling, reading (Popul Vuh, anyone?), you know...
    -playing some Dofus, a European MMO-RPG (not as enjoyable as I don't like the emphasis on battle/competitive components, IE: player vs. player fights...)
    -getting some actual work done....?
    But yeah, looking forward to trying the game out some more!
    Posted 14 years ago by dude Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dofus! That's the one I used to play.
  • Yeh, Dofus is filling the gap, but is somewhat frustrating...
    One thing I've noticed is people rarely speak to each other...
    I understand one one hand (language barriers, less literacy in general... hesitancy to commit 10 minutes to a stranger)...
    ...but isn't it contrary to what on online game is s'posed to foster?
    I enjoy privacy and inhabiting my own fantasy 'bubble' as much as the next, but I'm hoping Glitch is a bit more... interactive?
    (sorry for being off-topic)
    Posted 14 years ago by dude Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I used to play Dofus too.
    Posted 14 years ago by Nanookie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • dude, I read the Popol Vuh years ago, might have to dust off my copy again.
  • When I played dofus, there was lots of talking in the big newbieland dungeon/cave thing. Loved the spell graphics. Once I went down below, most people I found were offline zombies selling stuff, got kinda bored. And then some sorta of computer problem got me to quit. I went back for a month eventually and quit again.

gyoza has visited 121 streets. =8-O
  • ^ :O

alpha.glitch.com/leaderboar...
    Posted 14 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wait... did someone just increase their visited streets by 1 while Glitch was down? o.o
  • :S Yes they did...!

He must be staff :)

(He's in the game right now apparently).
  • Staff or close friend of a dev? :P
  • I tripped off to Vegas for a week for my son's wedding. We had a blast..!!!
    They were hands down Vegas's most beautiful newly weds...Cg's Gen Nam & Melissa Morgenier Mui.
    Posted 14 years ago by Tilly TrinkleHouse Subscriber! | Permalink
  • More like gyoza increased the total by 50+.
  • www.minecraft.net

soooo addictive!!!

It's like a sandbox of stuff for you to build and combine and explore! I love exploring!
    Posted 14 years ago by Jaen Padryga Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I played with that a couple weeks ago. I played the minecar-riding video for awhile, then kept digging deep holes which I couldn't get back out of.
  • I play Minecraft.
    Posted 14 years ago by Houdini Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just started playing Minecraft too, very addictive. I'd love to see that kind of open ended building ability in Glitch.
  • You have to pay for it. :(

Do you reckon we'll ever have to pay for Glitch? Or will it be free, like Club Penguin, but with a premium option?
  • They said we won't have to pay, but there will be reasons that may cause us to want to pay. It was discussed in old threads
  • Oh really? I heard 'in game advertising' come up in an interview with Stoot: kara.allthingsd.com/2010082...

Link to the old topic please?
  • It's easier for me if you search than I. ;)
  • Fair enough :)

Watching the interview again, I found it really interesting how they plan to advertise in game & make money. No 'Coca Cola hats' or ads that would be in real life, but instead, advertising for your own things (he explained it as 'cults' or shops) using CPM based ads. I like that. :)
  • There will be plenty for free; there will be much for sale (in general, cosmetic or decorative items); there will be (optional) subscriptions, and we will experiment with all kinds of stuff.
    Posted 14 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink
  • When I got sick of WOW I moved to some free games with paid for in game items and to be honest I enjoyed it much more. I spent on things I wanted to spend on rather than paying for everything. Its a great way to do it and if done correctly its a win win for the developers and for the customers.

One more reason I can't wait for the game to be finished!
    Posted 14 years ago by Georgio Zimbabwe Subscriber! | Permalink
  • :( I'm not a big fan of buying in game items, although I guess it makes loads of money. I'd be happy to pay a subscription though.
    Posted 14 years ago by quoo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • (original post removed) Found my answer straight after having posted.
    Posted 13 years ago by Hagbard Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It's good when Glitch is closed. It's not the kind of game that can be played while working. And I'm not the kind of person that resists temptation very well. :P So, when it's offline, I go outside and take pictures. Then I come back home and work.

I'd pay for Glitch, I will donate if there's a donation button. It's such a lovely game. :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Cefeida Subscriber! | Permalink
  • when at home on the comp, i keep going to the forum and hoping that someone has posted something interesting. luckily, my workplace has a firewall that disallows anything game-like to get through, so i manage somehow to do work. :P
    Posted 13 years ago by Alexis Hex Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I hope that the sales game won't be crucial to the game. I hate when i try to play a MMO and 90% of the itens are paid and 500x better than free one.
    Posted 13 years ago by Amora Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Looks like it's the lovely model of, yes, they're selling items, but none of them actually change the gameplay mechanics. Good decision :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Matchu Subscriber! | Permalink