Topic

New update channel: Filtering snapshots, posts, badges, levels, and maybe glitchen

Could we have a snapshot channel, please? Or an updated update channel?
As of right now, we cannot reply to snapshots like a non-snapshot update. Either the snapshots should be reply-able (and be able to view them full screen in game), or make a separate channel for snapshots. It's always been like this since snapshots.

If the update channel only records what we type as an update, and snapshots.. why not when someone levels, or gets a badge? All this information is not shown and I would like to see when a friend gets a badge in the update channel. With this much information pouring into the update channel, we would either need more channels, or some kind of filter menu for the different types of updates (leveling, badges, snapshots, posts), for one update channel. This would also give the opportunity to add more things into the update channel, like maybe the feat thing, and when a big project is completed. It would be fun to be able to simply hit "like" on badge/level posts, it is also handy to see the name, select that name and click IM, then say "yay congrats!" or something else nice.

Posted 12 years ago by LųĉĩđεşşΨ Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Seriously. 25 days and I can't take it anymore. BAMP!
  • Oh, I would like a searchable database or photo album - that could be searched for by different tags like names or places and be like Lucidess suggests - a separate channel or an ordinary update!
    Posted 12 years ago by harriette Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OMG please yes! 

I begged for this ages ago and was told it was coming... and then we got snapshots showing up in the update feed. 

I want to see snaps and replies to snaps separate! 
    Posted 12 years ago by Kristen Marie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 12 years ago by Toksyuryel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • great idea....
    Posted 12 years ago by Monkeygirl♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • They just added support for snaps in the API, so it's quite likely that some other ways to access snaps will appear soon :]
    Posted 12 years ago by Lemo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Love!!!!!!!!! ++++
    Posted 12 years ago by La Mariposa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Want, want!
    Posted 12 years ago by AwesomeCardinal2000 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bamp. With every new update, 1 million un-replyable snapshots ingame, are born.
  • I keep trying to click on what people are saying about their pictures in the update, but I can't reply to them! What gives?
  • The update channel is swarmed with snapshots, still. Call it the snapshot channel?
  • Bump.
  • I don't want yet another extra chat channel in my list, but maybe the drop-down chat menu could allow you to turn snaps on and off from your feed in that channel.
    Posted 12 years ago by katlazam Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I moved this to the OP post because it is explaining what the update channel is at this moment.
  • Bumping. Don't feel like deleting friends just because they post too many snapshots, the last time I asked why they posted 10 snapshots, it was because they were doing it for a friend or something. To me and any of their other friends though, the update channel is drowned in un-replyable (by that i mean we cant just view the image, and post a reply without moving to another website or anything silly) snapshot posts. So should I delete that friend? Or tell every single friend how the update channel and snapshots work exactly. Too tedious, please update update channel!
  • Bumping.