Topic

A working kitchen

Now picture this: You're in your nicely decorated house, standing in front of your kitchen counter. Along the wall in front of you is your "cupboard" of SDBs and maybe a handy cabinet as well. On your counter are all your wonderful cooking tools - your spice mill, cutting board, pots and pans. 

Unfortunately, right now you can't actually use the items unless you put them in your inventory. But wouldn't it be wonderful to stand at your kitchen counter, click on the spice mill sitting there, and up pops the selection window to choose which spice you would like to make?! It would "feel" so much more real to be able to cook in a functional kitchen instead from just tools in inventory bag/toolboxes. I actually get a little giddy at the idea.

Likewise, tools like the smelter and such would be great if we could use them in the house as well versus just in the inventory. I could make a nice, functional work shop. 

Posted 12 years ago by Faux Paws Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• That would be so cool!! Seriously. A kitchen, a potions/alchemy room, a workshop... I love this!
    Posted 12 years ago by Rannera Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1

It would be nice to have the option not to carry around the tools I don't use on a regular basis - I do most of my crafting in my house anyway!
    Posted 12 years ago by Aedus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??!????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
    +1 trillion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted 12 years ago by Misty Power Subscriber! | Permalink
  • what she said.
    Posted 12 years ago by Kinkajou Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes! Fantastic idea!
    Posted 12 years ago by Pengwen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes! That cauldron looks so nice in my house, it's a shame to have to pick it up every time I want to use it.

Oh gosh wait what if they even animated when you used them, like the cauldron did a little bubbly thing or the blender jibbeted around a bit, that would be beautiful.

But really, I'd be fine with just not having to pick them up.
    Posted 12 years ago by Peregrinne Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1!
    Posted 12 years ago by Annuska Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +++
    Posted 12 years ago by Lemo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was thinking the exact same thing.
    I would so love have a working kitchen in my home! <3
    Posted 12 years ago by Phaze Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Older snapshot but you get the idea - http://www.glitch.com/snaps/PHFSSK0KN1D2MJL/20082-63fe8cce5c/
    Posted 12 years ago by BlackWolf Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think this idea can be expanded, actually. I love the idea of rooms. In fact, I think houses, in general, should have rooms. Not just floors, but actually spaces. They could not only hold stuff and provide setting, but they could give bonuses to the machinery they were designed to hold. And imagine all of the possibilities once this was done. I cannot imagine a kitchen without a fridge, can you? A fridge and a freezer. These could hold my meats. I would always know where they were. All my food could go in there, it'd make so much sense. It'd expand the crafting in the game because, really, where would the fridge come from if not from a builder? We could have kitchens, workshops, labs (for the alchemists, you know), anything. That way, when you walked through your house, it wouldn't be some long corridor and maybe another corridor above it. It'd have designated spaces. Because right now, I live in a tiny studio apartment. And even that has a designated kitchen. Love the idea.
    Posted 12 years ago by Aeden Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 Ghemma and Aeden
    Posted 12 years ago by Capt. S.T. Weasley Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It would also be cool if the desks could hold your quill and papers so you could just click on the desk and do your writing from there.
    Posted 12 years ago by Peregrinne Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 looove this idea! When I first set up my home and did up my kitchen I put some cooking things on my counter and, much to my dismay, for the first time realized we couldn't use them once placed. It just seemed to organic that we should be able to, so I was le sad.
    Posted 12 years ago by Rezzie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Haha just searched the forums for Kitchen to see if this was wanted by others, and evidently it is!

I have just finished decorating all three floors of my house, and would love to have a Kitchen xD
    Posted 12 years ago by Paulie Ottertoes Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wonderful idea!! I could imagine a beautiful kitchen as you said to imagine. I could see cherry color cabinets, modern and long kitchen faucets and great looking granite counter tops. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Ben Waugh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love this idea too!  I like cooking a lot in the game, and this would make it so much more fun and give a lot of opportunities for cute decorating and motivate us cooks to do more crafting.
    Posted 12 years ago by roler Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Once again, I love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??!????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    +1 trillion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted 12 years ago by Misty Power Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This reminds me of a time I dreamed about getting married, having a new home with a white-picked fence, 2.5 kids and a big shaggy dog in the back yard. I can SO daydream again!
    Posted 12 years ago by bayBi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh....And, I don't have to have a dishwasher, if that would make it easier to cyber-build.
    Posted 12 years ago by bayBi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 
    Posted 12 years ago by Dr.Maud, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 12 years ago by Posie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes!
    Posted 12 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    More options to actually interact with your house in general would be great, like sitting in a chair, lol. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Oh Fudge Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1!
    Posted 12 years ago by Llewella Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Excellent idea! +1

But id love this idea for a lot of other things too! For example I make a lot of tree beans, id love to be able to use my gasifier, spice mill, bubble machine, fruit changer and bean seasoner in this way too! 

There are other items id love to be able to interact with with out having to have them in my inventory in fact!
    Posted 12 years ago by Potian Dragoon Subscriber! | Permalink