Topic

Producing pumpkin seeds

I don't like that you have to buy pumpkin seeds

We can Smash carved pumpkins for roasted pepitas (cooked seed)

Can we Smash uncarved pumpkins for plantable seeds, please

Posted 12 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Good idea, we need some other way to get seeds to plant.
    Posted 12 years ago by Latajea Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like this idea as well. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Rustleaf Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1!

But only at Zilloween
    Also, do we really need Jellisac from them now? 
    Maybe a ingredient for cooking a Zilloween only recipe?
    Posted 12 years ago by Mr Mellifluous Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh yes, only at Zilloween

Zilloween only recipe? - Pumpkin soup?
  • I think this is a good idea.  Maybe the number of seeds you get could be linked to your gardening skill level?  Similar to how shucking herbs works now.
    Posted 12 years ago by Rosa Negra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like the idea of smashing pumpkins to get the seeds.....by the way, where can we get pumpkins? or when ?
    Posted 12 years ago by zamzam Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't we feed pumpkins to piggies at a rate of 1 pumpkin per seed? I swear that's how it used to work, but it's entirely possible that my addled brain is just failing me and making things up.
    Posted 12 years ago by Wrench Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just bought a pumpkin, fed it to a pig, got some seeds... but am told I can't plant them. This seems entirely unfair.
    Posted 12 years ago by Plin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You can get seeds by feeding piggies, one pumpkin per pack. Problem is it's not worth feeding a 41c pumpkin to a piggy to get a 17c pack of seeds in return.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Plin, since it's a seasonal item all you have to do is keep the seeds around a while and then you'll be able to plant them in either a herb or crop garden during the in-game holiday Zilloween.
    Posted 12 years ago by diaveborn ♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • feeding to pigs, but we are talking like 4-6 packets per 15 plot (large) garden.

In other words, it will take a looong time. So, to me at least, it seems easier to grind the currants & just buy seeds in bulk.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sturminator i` Subscriber! | Permalink
  • bump
  • +1 I find this a cool nifty little idea, I would like the ability to get pumpkin seeds another way. Aswell with feeding pumpkins feeding to the pigs you very rarely get super harvests with pumpkins (im actually not sure if you do but they are rare) so you would be growing all your pumpkins just to turn them all back to seed, not worth it.
    Posted 12 years ago by Santa Clause Subscriber! | Permalink