Topic

Oragami oops Origami

We have paper.
We could make the paper into shapes like a swan, paper airplane, pig, chicken. a pirates hat. All collectible.
We can take our notes and make them into pretty ,cool things We can give them to our friends. A skill can be added.

Posted 12 years ago by gizzy Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Yes please - when I first joined and saw the crane mobile I thought that was where penmanship might eventually lead us (papercrafts for the win!)
    Posted 12 years ago by Jenny Wren Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Very cute.
    Posted 12 years ago by Yarrun Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Great idea!
    Posted 12 years ago by Zaeirra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 That would be adorable.
    Posted 12 years ago by Chimeric Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Origami would be cool and could have the potential to be a currant sink.
    It could create an actual demand for paper, depending on what the effects of each origami design were.

For Example:

Origami I unlocks the ability to imbue paper with different items to create special paper.
    Paper + Sparkly Ore = Shiny Paper
    Paper + Rainbow Juice = Rainbow Paper
    Paper + Essence of Yellow Crumb = Yellow Paper, etc.

Make a Paper Crane out of Shiny Paper and it has a higher currant value than plain paper, and gives you the "Make a Wish" option. Wishing lets you type in an item you desire and there's a 0.001% the Wish is granted, or something similar.

Or you could even have Origami "pets"

Make an Origami Swan and it acts like a pet on your Homestead, you have to "play" or "pet" it to keep it happy, and feed it "paper" to keep it alive.
    Posted 12 years ago by Godiva Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Gizzy I missed this when you first posted it.  This is exactly the kind of whimsical touch I wish *I* had thought of to proffer.  Love this idea!
    Posted 12 years ago by reshuffling patrick Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1

I've been wanting to be able to make paper airplanes for a while.
    Perhaps much like the cubimals you could have the planes race or do stunts in the air.

Your paper plane did 4 stunts (loops, barrel roll, etc.)
    Your friend's plane did 2 stunts

--

Another option would be to allow you to turn notes into paper airplanes and in the menu of options (including race) would be a 'set it free' option that would make the plane fly out of your hand, up into the sky, and it would randomly land in some other street in Ur for someone to find, unfold, and read.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lone Derpstar Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1

Love this idea!
    Posted 12 years ago by ZenMonkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1

great thread revival :D
    really like this idea, there could also be the usual skill related achievements to unlock new papercraft "recipes"
    don't forget the origami frog
    Posted 12 years ago by Zean Subscriber! | Permalink
  • WOW! I thought you all thought my idea was a dud. Thanks for supporting it.
  • +1
    Posted 12 years ago by Cinnamon Petrichor Subscriber! | Permalink
  • For this idea, I will give you all of my +1s.
    Posted 12 years ago by Seeen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • two more yippee can wait to make airplanes, and paper swans, and pirate hats
  • oooh i would love that, i like making them in rl so why not on glitch? brilliant idea
    Posted 12 years ago by ❧ℜook❧ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • one more is good! plz keep it coming would absolutely make my birthday psssst hint hint Its tomorrow. All I want for my birthday is votes to get this idea . past to even get Tiny Speck to consider it.
  • +1. I've been wanting Origami for awhile: http://www.glitch.com/forum/ideas/15574/
    Posted 12 years ago by Draron Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This would be GREAT! how totally FUN is that??!??!?!  COuld translate into real world with a glitch product you could really snail mail people, too. :) EEEEEEE
    Posted 12 years ago by AngelTeri Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Love the idea :)

Definitely + 1

Yep because there is only so many things I can think of typing up too. lol
    Posted 12 years ago by Bachjess♫♫♪ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • so +1 because it think it would be fun and creative AND have potential for real world glitch marketing. 
    Posted 12 years ago by AngelTeri Subscriber! | Permalink
  • just in case some of you missed this idea yay two more!
  • +1 Great idea missed it before...sorry. There could be a badge for 1000 cranes,...the ability to use string to string them together, A skill that allow you to Hang them from the ceiling like the other ones. I love the colored paper idea!
    Posted 12 years ago by Baldiboo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love this idea! +1
    Posted 12 years ago by Reirei Umezaki Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 along with all these threads about Origami too:

www.glitch.com/forum/ideas/5568/

www.glitch.com/forum/ideas/15574/

www.glitch.com/forum/ideas/18799/

www.glitch.com/forum/ideas/19933/

www.glitch.com/forum/ideas/21594/

www.glitch.com/forum/ideas/24446/

www.glitch.com/forum/ideas/25887/

www.glitch.com/forum/ideas/11675/
    Posted 12 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • wow! TomC I never knew. I knew it was a good idea. I think I spelled it wrong.
  • +1
    Posted 12 years ago by Posie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • great idea, gizzy! also, really like godiva's contibution to the idea. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Capt. S.T. Weasley Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 (& all the other fantastic ideas listed in this thread thus far!)

Considering paper trees mention paper airplane making, I would love to see origami (paper airplanes, at the very least) imagined into Ur!
    Posted 11 years ago by Verðandi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1:)
    Posted 11 years ago by nekomaki Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +OVER9000
    Posted 11 years ago by Alegop Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Origami as an option! It would be looooovely. Advanced paperwork as the learnable skill perhaps, and you need Penmanship and Beurocratic Arts II to learn it?

To start off there's basic little things; 
    Paper Plane -- 1 sheet of paper, and it does a simple animation of fly out and land on the ground, randomly flying really well, or doing a nigh instant nosedive and crumpling into uselessness. Simple triangle shape.
    Advanced Paper Plane -- 3 sheets of paper, Need to make x amount of paper planes first; More advanced design, shorter in structure and a little 'blocky' looking, with wing fins and tail-part, animation of flying off and a loop de loop before landing (or crashing midloop, if it's the first time made etc)
    Chatter Box -- 7 sheets of paper, learnt after the first badge of making 25 paper things; With choices on the inside that could randomly give iMG, currants or Energy or mood (One of the four ultimate choices under the triangle flaps. Only good for four uses in a day before it falls apart, after x amount of days use.
    Envelope -- 2 sheets of paper; Method to give other people letters, or send a delivery.
    Parcel -- 5 sheets of paper; Very small storage container (two or three slots max) to deliver multiple gifts to people.
    Water Balloon -- 9 sheets of paper, 2 cups of water; learnt after x amount of chatter box's made. Can throw at people and dampen them, as an alternative to the watering can for the small things? Non-give-able, so click and drag can dump one on their head. Can occasionally miss. One use per.
    Origami Butterfly -- 15 sheets of paper, 40 blue elements, 25 red elements, 5 shiny elements, advanced skill, makes a fluttering butterfly a bit bigger than blue butterflies.
    Origami Butterfly Stick -- 5 Origami Butterflies, 5 string, 1 wooden pole. A stick that can be put in the ground and have a crowd of origami butterflies fluttering around decoratively. Requires Third Level Achievement and x amount of origami butterflies made.
    Origami Crane -- 10 sheets of paper, 2 blue bubbles; A small, cubimal sized origami crane, that walks along the ground and flies short distances infront and behind the player, animation length of 5 seconds before returning to player. Requires x amount of origami chickens made prior.
    Origami Chicken -- 8 sheets of paper, appearance of a chicken sitting on an egg, can be dropped on the ground and left there. Expires after two minutes, rocking occasionally with a 'wind'.
    Origami Pig -- 6 sheets of paper, 25 red elements; looks like a pig, but smaller, wanders back and forth, can be petted and rewards with iMG or Mood when done so with minimal energy loss.
    Origami Flying Pig -- 1 Origami Chicken, 1 Origami Pig, 15 shiny elements; A flying pig, that flaps around the glitch for a couple loops, rewarding with mood, before returning to inventory. Needs 3rd tier badge and x amount of origami chickens and pigs.
    Paper Sword -- 4 sheets of paper, wardrobe item, lasts 3 streets after equipping. Temporarily allows Glitchen to carry a paper sword around.
    Paper Shield -- 8 sheets of paper, wardrobe item, lasts 3 streets after equipping. Temporarily allows Glitchen to carry a round paper shield around.
    Paper Armour -- 70 sheets of paper, wardrobe item, lasts 3 streets after equipping. Temporarily allows Glitchen to appear wearing a shirt and pants that look like medieval armour.
    Paper Helmet -- 6 sheets of paper, wardrobe item, lasts 3 streets after equipping. Temporarily allows Glitchen to appear wearing a medieval armour helmet on their head.
    Paper Knight -- 1 Paper Sword, 1 Paper Shield, 1 Paper Armour, 1 Paper helmet, lasts 3 streets after equipping. Temporarily allows Glitchen to appear in the full costume/armour of a medieval knight; grants bonus during Rook Attacks.
    Origami Lantern -- 12 sheets of paper, 1 jar of fireflies (7 fireflies), 2 threads; a hanging lantern that can be hung from the ceiling, or trees outside, decoration for house parties, provide 15 mood boost every 3 minutes.
    Origami Ceiling Light -- Furniture, requires 3 origami lanterns, 2 threads. Gives a Ceiling light decoration. Alternative to furniture making availables etc. Maybe have coloured origami lanterns with elements too?

In conjunction with smelting, mining or somesuch of the metal sort?
    Twisted Gem Tree -- 2 Metal Ingots, 1 Copper Ingot, 1 walloping big diamond, 1 sapphire, 1 amber; furniture item, table decoration. Makes a shiny glittering tree to look pretty on a table, and give you something to do with the jewels found when mining, other than selling or donating.
    Wire Lamp -- Requires Furniture Making II, 3 copper ingots, 1 tin ingot, 1 light bulb; A wire lamp that sits on a table and looks pretty, maybe send multi-coloured reflections onto the wall/surface behind?

Ummmm.... I'm sure there'll be other things that can be put in. But I can't think of anythign else right now. :D Saving from making a new thread, and I hope I haven't recovered any area that has already been idea'd.
    Posted 11 years ago by Dzeintra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dzeintra, thanks for putting so much thought into your additions to this!   I love how you incorporated so many aspect of Glitch into it.

+ lots, am bad w numbers :-)
    Posted 11 years ago by FlatEarther Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks FlatEarther! I tried to maybe help the staff get the processing thing, so it's not ... you know, them doing all the work for something we're keen to see. Oh I forgot to put in numbers for paper hats and stuff... But yeah, hopefully other imaginations can get working on this and refining and adding other ideas in! :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Dzeintra Subscriber! | Permalink