Topic

Emails for cyclical events and feats

Seeing Zany Serendipity's request to have the calendar reflect via banner when Zilloween is happening made me remember to post this idea.

May we consider having an "opt-in" email request in our preferences that would send us an email letting us know one game day before things like Pii Day and Zilloween start?  Along the same lines, would it be feasible to send us an email when a new feat is opened so that if we're not in-game we'll have a chance to log in while it's still live?

Posted 12 years ago by FlatEarther Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Yes please! I always get to things late because I don't know they're going on!

Motion seconded!
    Posted 12 years ago by Moirologist #702 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is a fantastic idea, even though i'm not checking my email as much as i'm checking the glitch website.. it would be nice to know a few days beforehand, as a reminder and a feature.
    Posted 12 years ago by LųĉĩđεşşΨ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Also a Twitter post a few days ahead of time ??

and how about a push of new skills to Glitch HQ?
    Posted 12 years ago by riscy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Or even just a "Glitch This Week" kind of RL email thing would be awesome. It could have the most liked/commented on snaps and forum topics, the change log and twitter feed and maybe a suggested outfit or housing style. Then at the the bottom could be a list of any activities for the next week: Feats, holidays, etc.

I think this would be great for introducing new players to the fabulous community, familiarize them with the change log, snaps, forums, vanity and holidays. It could also keep old players interested in staying around. We could see what we missed if we were away, or give us new ideas on game play styles that we haven't tried yet. 

It should start as part of your sign-up to Glitch, and then be easy to opt out of for those that don't like more email in their box.
    Posted 12 years ago by Squiggle-Squee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1  great idea so then no one has an excuse not to take part or claim to of missed it etc
    Posted 12 years ago by Miki Takahashi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 I missed the last feat entirely. As long as it it opt-in 
    Posted 12 years ago by DysProg Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I know email blasts are a bear to manage, but I live in my email via smartphone. I rarely check the Twitter feed because, AGH, it is soooo tweeeeety!

I would even take a pushed text msg if it comes right down to it. Glitch is that important (and may get me out of an inopportune business meeting or two semi-occasionally)!
    Posted 12 years ago by Mistress*of*Fishies Subscriber! | Permalink
  • They could also put a shout out kinda banner thing in game a few days or hours ahead of time to let everyone whos in game know about them and when we are happening and also when the "bonus" and "supermega" have been completed 
  • +1385321,  I have missed 90% of this feat not knowing it was going on. I am tending to back off of glitch because there's not a lot of important events going on lately, and of course as soon as one comes along i miss it.
    Posted 12 years ago by Aubree Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 to Squiggle-Squee's "Glitch This Week" list of events!

(I missed most of the Hispikulus feat because I decided to take the night off - would have planned things differently if I'd known. :D )
    Posted 12 years ago by Chimeric Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I missed the last lot of feats due to me being on holiday but i did check my emails a few times so this would of been a great help :( 
  • -1 no thank you, i require no more email to spam my in-box and i don't wish to have to go and opt-out of receiving more either.

keep an eye on either the Twitter or FB feeds, the changelog here in the forums and you'll find out about this sort of stuff...
    Posted 12 years ago by Arietty Subscriber! | Permalink