Topic

Rooms (Skill-use bonuses in houses)

While I was using Meditation in my house, I thought that it would be fun if I had a yoga mat or a Newton's cradle or something like that that would let me meditate for longer, or give me a bonus to my energy and or mood. Then I thought that that concept could be broadened to include other skills to make them either work faster, be more productive, or use less energy. I also worried about whether this would unbalance things, and how that could be mitigated, and I came up with the idea of making rooms for houses. Rooms would take up a specific set of space, and only allow specific furniture in it. The Prereqs should be high, including Furniture Making 2, and maybe Potion Making 3. They should be at least 4 wall-segments wide.

Teleportation Pad - Teleports cost half energy.

Meditation Studio - Meditations reap 50% more energy and/or mood.

Kitchen - Drinkmaking, and cooking skills take half the time to complete.

Laboratory - Alchemy skills use 10% fewer elements, and take 20% less energy to make.

Shop - Industrial skills use 20% less energy, and machines take 20% less time to finish.

Refinery - Smelting and Grinding take 50% less energy.

Posted 12 years ago by Ustice Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• OH GOSH YES
    Posted 12 years ago by Sororia Rose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yessssssss.
    Posted 12 years ago by Pale Queen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would love this, especially if towers were included.
    Posted 12 years ago by Spaghetti Thompson Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It would be a great mechanic for enabling taverns - public spaces where consumption of food and beverage give a premium over what they otherwise might, encouraging Glitchen to gather around the fire and hoist a tankard with friends.  
    Posted 12 years ago by WalruZ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We'll need a hoisting room
    Posted 12 years ago by shhexy corin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A hoisting room! How have I lived this long without one?

+111, especially for a tavern.
    Posted 12 years ago by Flowerry Pott Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If the rooms required a cover charge, most of which went into a currant sink, that would keep it from getting too imbalanced

So +1 from me too!
    Posted 12 years ago by Sturminator 5 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ohh, all these are great ideas +1  Especially the taverns.  Make it something that groups of glitch can get together to build, perhaps.  (though I heard that the old 'street improving' concept had issues so maybe it wouldn't work that way.)  Excellent ideas all around though.
    Posted 12 years ago by FineousFingers Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ooo I like this!! +++
    Posted 12 years ago by natsumi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I LOVE the idea but maybe instead of only allowing certain furniture items in a particular room, require that certain furniture items must be added to the room (that sounds like the same thing but it is not, I promise).

What I'm saying is rather than the room only taking furniture items x, y, and z to the exclusion of furniture items a, b and c, require that the room include x, y and z and let glitchen add a, b, and c if they wish. 

This would ensure that rooms take a certain amount of currants/materials to make, but would  allow for greater individualization.
    Posted 12 years ago by whimpypotato Subscriber! | Permalink
  • whimpypotato expanding on your idea, certain furniture items could add to the bonus.
    Posted 12 years ago by Ustice Subscriber! | Permalink