Topic

Day/Night Cycles and Seasons

Wouldn't it be cool if the background of regions actually was in sync with the in-game time? So at night, there's a bunch of stars out, it's dark, and at day, it's, well, day?

And seasons... that'd be much harder. Best that could probably be done without a whole bunch of lag would be that when a season starts, the environment changes. (I.E. Snow at winter)

Posted 12 years ago by Seeen Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Glitch has players from both hemispheres, not so? I sense a difficulty with this plan.
    Posted 12 years ago by Loonacy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't think having players from both hemispheres would be that much of a problem if the cycle was in-game time.

Now, the constant slow background and lighting changes, coupled with the way several regions are always in night while others are always in day (and quite a few of the "night" areas have "day" equivalents already), that might be weird.
    Posted 12 years ago by Salyavin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Proposed before by others (including myself); in addition to changes in weather, and other temporal/climatic events. 

That said, I continue to agree with you!
    Posted 12 years ago by CrashTestPilot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1! We also need weather, which has been suggested before numerous times.
    Posted 12 years ago by AwesomeCardinal2000 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • With Ur's short days compared to real life, different time zones should be a non-issue. Maybe night time is 15-30 real life minutes and not 50/50 like in real life.
    +1 to weather too!
    Posted 12 years ago by Gordon Lughsen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 I would love to prance around Ur with the nekkid buff.
    Posted 12 years ago by ₰ℓ№ʀ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • been plenty of threads about this already
    Posted 12 years ago by ☣ elf ☣ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 to Day/Night Cycles (4h based obviously)

the seasons may look harder, mostly for the ammount of work in redesigning all the regions for multiple possible reasons (who said ur has only 4 seasons?)
    but if it could be done in a simpler not so incisive way, like dunno, seasons graphically only change the colors of the day/night sky and only some of the background elements with different combinations at time, i would support that too
    Posted 12 years ago by Zean Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i'm not really interested in seasons, but night would be really cool!
    Posted 12 years ago by jerk nugget Subscriber! | Permalink