Topic

Gardener Bot

Hello Glitchy Forums! Hi! I'm Zolom! Here's my first (I think) public forum post, and I hope this idea hasn't already existed here, but here we go anyway!

Now imagine being able to place a gardener bot on your street or backyard. Essentially just a little robot who goes around and auto harvests, auto clears plots, and if it didn't sound overpowered, waters and even plants for you.

Give the bot a pile of seeds you'd like to be planted, for the auto planting feature.
Perhaps require him to be holding your Watering Can and Hoe for the clearing and watering feature.
He would work while you were gone and hold your herbs and crops in his stash.
Most importantly is that he would run on fuel cells, and come to a halt should he run out of fuel.

So?

Posted 12 years ago by Zolom Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• +1

This sounds really cute. Maybe players would also have to assemble the bot out of various parts that they can craft (with appropriate skills) or buy from other players.

It would also be cool if it could tend to your trees as well. Just don't give it an axe, so that it doesn't harvest your wood tree down to nothing ;)
    Posted 12 years ago by Trixie Leitz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 I like this idea for the watering / weeding and replanting, but not for the harvesting.

Would be even better if any one could add fuel cells and seeds to it and repair the hoe / watering can for it too :) 
    Posted 12 years ago by Potian Dragoon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 12 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well, I'm going to be the dissenting voice here.

If it was this automated what would be the point of even logging in? The gardening potions still need you to gather supplies and make something. For me that is enough automation
    Posted 12 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Rhonda Yeah, you do have a point, but this is also why I suggested feeding him fuel cells. Depending on the amount of gardens you have, he wouldn't last very long before needing a refueling. Also, I did kind of go on the basis that some of these "features" might be a bit overpowered and unnecessary, so I don't expect him to really do everything :P. Or if they decided to in fact make him do everything I'm sure there would be plenty of fine tuning. Aaaaaaaaaanyway. You did make a point with the potions however. I did kind of forget about those... but anyway :P
    Posted 12 years ago by Zolom Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Staff told us that gardening bots were in the works a long time ago (a year ago, perhaps?), but more recently, we were told that crafting bots will come first, and gardening bots may or may not happen.
    Posted 12 years ago by glum pudding Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Are crafting bots still in the works? It's been a long time since that announcement.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink