Topic

Designate Garden as.....

Morning,

I looked through Ideas and didn't see this.  Sorry for duplication if I missed it.

It'd be nice to be able to designate a garden as "Rice Garden" or "Hairball Garden" so that only those seed types may be planted.  Make it part of a new skill or an upgrade card.

Posted 12 years ago by FlatEarther Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• That's a good idea! People keep planting onions in my spinach garden :P 
    Posted 12 years ago by MyooKat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • yes (: +1
    Posted 12 years ago by ♪ blackbird ♪ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 Oh, this would be lovely.  And actually, especially in my backyard - I often don't notice that I got a couple extra seeds in the Ancestral Lands and misplant a few plots in my herb gardens.  I'd love to be protected from messing up like that!
    Posted 12 years ago by Kadi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Exactly. 
    The other thing I was thinking of with this is for our Home Streets, if we are on a route that depends on us having X or Y crop, we'd be sure that only that got put in.
    Posted 12 years ago by FlatEarther Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Cool idea. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Tibbi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 12 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like the idea, but am actually going to disagree: I have always thought of gardens on home streets as similar to community gardens: for the public's benifit as well as your own. I feel that this idea, implemented, would take away from that public benefit. I know many see the home street gardens as having a different purpose- this is just my opinion. -1.
    Posted 12 years ago by Fernstream Subscriber! | Permalink
  • To paraphrase a comment from another thread "A home street is just a public street that you have management rights to" So you can have a say in what is on your street, but not what people are able to do on your street within game mechanics.
    Posted 12 years ago by Yarrun Subscriber! | Permalink
  • No, I really dislike this idea. Home streets are public streets. If you don't like what the public do with  public resources then don't provide public resources. 

Fernstream wroteI have always thought of gardens on home streets as similar to community gardens: 
    As far as I am concerned your statement needs 'the similar to' removed. :-)
    Gardens on Home Streets are Community gardens
    Posted 12 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I hate to say it, but we have Notepoles, and a loving community that listens, for that.
    Posted 12 years ago by LųĉĩđεşşΨ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well, if I was on a yellow crumb route, then I could never harvest or do anything to the garden, leaving it solely for others, but still want others to benefit from there being only yellow, as if they've come to a yellow route they'd expect yellow.

Obviously there's a distinction between "the public" as those who are visiting for route purposes etc, and everyone who visited your street for whatever reason, but I don't think wanting certain things to happen in your home street is mutually exclusive with having the attitude that your home street is a public resource.  
    Posted 12 years ago by diaveborn ♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • -1 Front streets are public and being able to designate officially what can and cannot be planted, would change that. Also one can request how you want things done, with Notepoles, this idea  makes it so its not a request its a must. More control whereas its convenient, will just lead to more conflict as to how things should or should not be used. Really this is just a variation on locking gardens.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lyrical DejaVu Subscriber! | Permalink