Topic

The Gift of Clothes

I don't know if someone else has already had this idea, but I think it would be cool if we could gift clothes to our friends. Sometimes I see something in the wardrobe and I think, so-and-so would LOVE that! I would like to be able to use some of my credits to gift a cute pair of shoes or a fun hat. :)

Posted 12 years ago by Capt. S.T. Weasley Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• That could be pretty dang cool!
    Posted 12 years ago by Carl Projectorinski Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Support!
    Posted 12 years ago by Draron Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 gazillion!!!
    Posted 12 years ago by natsumi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 12 years ago by ZenMonkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 - I can only see this leading to more credits being bought & spent.
    Posted 12 years ago by Kadi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What about alts? People could exploit their alts to get things.
    Posted 12 years ago by Seeen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ace, that was my thought, too.  But then, people can exploit their alts to get things already.  It's against the rules, but it's trackable.  There would be some small infractions that nobody would notice, but the obvious stuff would be easily and legally correctable, since it's against the TOS.
    Posted 12 years ago by Carl Projectorinski Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Also, for the alts speculation, I think the 100 credits given at the start should be "stater" credits, whatever is bought with them cannot be traded nor gifted. 
    Posted 12 years ago by ℙℎօⅇьⅇ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 12 years ago by Jope Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Would love this!
    Posted 12 years ago by Laughter Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think we should be able to sell or trade clothes like furniture, why not!
    Posted 12 years ago by Gizmospooky Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can't believe so many people like this idea! :D Also, I think that Pho has a good point. The first 100 credits could be like our first set of furniture we are given. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Capt. S.T. Weasley Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Smass definitely approves of this idea. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Smass Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 Definitely would have to address the problem of exploiting alts, but I like this idea as well.  My mom doesn't spend money on games and I usually don't either.  Glitch is the first game I've ever wanted to spend money on and found it worthwhile to support.  However, she already spent her 100 credits on some clothes and there's a shirt she'd like to complete her outfit.  I'd love to be able to buy her the shirt she wants, just like I'd be able to upgrade her a SDB that she'd want or something like that.

The problem with "starter credits" that can't be traded, is that credits aren't able to be traded/gifted anyway.  All gift credits must be newly purchased for that person.  And once you buy a furniture upgrade or a piece of clothing, there is no way to really differentiated between what was bought with "starter" credits and what was bought with purchased credits.

The best solution I think to all of this, would be to allow credits to be giftable from your own supply (and yes, the initial 100 starter credits could not be gifted), instead of having to purchase extra credits if you want to send a gift.  If mom wants a 25 credit shirt, and needs 20 more to buy it, I could send her a gift of 20 credits from my stipend so she could buy it.  If TS wishes to curb this if they don't want us to have the ability to freely trade credits, then there could be a limit to how much we can "gift" from our own credits per month.  Maybe a gift cap, or a certain percent of what we purchase (or our stipend).  Once that cap is reached, then more "gift" credits must be newly purchased.

I don't know, I'm not an economics major, nor do I know what TS has in mind for the economy of this game, but its an idea.
    Posted 12 years ago by Kaelyn Renai Subscriber! | Permalink