Topic

The Bag of Bags

OK, I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but I had it and wanted to write it down as best I could.

It looks like a small, over the shoulder, leather purse or satchel.  Black, because black is cool.  It's also rare and expensive.  Maybe you can only get it after a grueling quest.  Maybe you can only make it yourself after using numerous skills from the skill tree (creating leather by combining meat and paper in a cauldron, then stitching it together with thread, finally pouring a Door Potion into it, using a construction tool at some point in the process -- and it's gotta cost imagination to make it rather that providing a reward at the end of the process).

The bag of bags can hold ten other bags or boxes!  You can't open a bag that's held within the bag of bags, of course.  You have to pull it out first.  And things you pick up or donate won't go to or come from the bag of bags.  Putting a bag in the bag of bags is a good way to protect items you want to keep safe from accidental use!

bonus:  For added fun, if you drop an empty bag of bags on the street, it activates the "enter" verb.  This opens up a rather unique party space that's full of dust bunnies and bits of fibre!  (a bag of bags with Glitches in it glows from the opening -- maybe it can be picked up, maybe not -- maybe there's a time limit)

Posted 12 years ago by Carl Projectorinski Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Bagception?
    Posted 12 years ago by Pickle Juice Subscriber! | Permalink
  • well as long as it's really hard to get it would be alright. But we don't want to make it so you can hold too much stuff
    Posted 12 years ago by Posie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah, maybe it only has room for three slots.

I've been thinking the same thing among other issues with it.  But I suspect it's a thing that could solve a problem or two, add to the game a bit, and provide a goal for mid-level players if crafted right.
  • Party space takes place in long hallway with really unreliable gravity.  Floating dustbunnies.  Awesomesauce.

*giggle*

I love the bag party space idea and the main "bag of bags" idea!
    Posted 12 years ago by diaveborn ♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Instead of dropping, placing it is a better idea. But it's still potentially a 160 slots bag.
    Posted 12 years ago by ParrotParrot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well, part of the idea is that the fact that you cannot access the contents of bags that are stored within it makes it more like a portable storage cabinet.  All it really honestly does is save you from having to go to your house to grab something.  So obviously, it needs to be more expensive to create than a cabinet.  But I don't think it would unbalance Glitch very much, especially if it were restricted to three slots for bags rather than the ten I initially suggested.

You're right!  Placing makes a lot of sense.
  • The related idea that I really liked was to have a 'fold' verb on empty bags.  folding a bag results in a folded bag, which can be put into other bags and otherwise treated like a normal inventory item.   A folded bag can be unfolded if there's somewhere to put it.   
    Posted 12 years ago by WalruZ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh, that's a cool idea, too.
  • I like both the ideas of having three bags inside (that can't be opened without pulling them out) and dustbunny strange-gravity parties inside!  Cute!
    Posted 12 years ago by roler Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A bag that can hold other bags, or Gift Boxes, Tool boxes, Element bags, anything that takes up a bag slot on its own but holds other items isn't a bad idea, But i don't like the idea of having them be accessible for use. More of a, if your trading or giving said items to other players idea, because as it is if you have to use Gift boxes, or trade any of these type of items they each take up a separate spot and you can't carry your normal items. So for trade or exchange only. As for a party space neat idea, but maybe not a party space instead a random teleport portal to a random seam street?
    Posted 12 years ago by Lyrical DejaVu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 but this mind moggles my mind like unlearning did when that got relased, how can younlearn unlearning if your unlearning it etc so very confusing, it could cause panic of a reset :P
    Posted 12 years ago by Santa Clause Subscriber! | Permalink