Topic

New Machine Idea

I was talking with a few in game friends, and one of them brought up a really good idea.

A copy machine!

What you do is put in blank pieces of paper and one note, so it copies the note onto the blank pieces of paper. It would require the necessary skill of Penpersonship plus whatever other skill(s) the developers think would be needed.

It would be nice since the notes would be identical that they would be able to stack and we think a briefcase or notebook type bag would be the only place they could be stacked.

The end result would be a wider usage of the Penpersonship skill

Posted 12 years ago by Keice Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• This is pretty cool, even though you could just copy and paste each note. I'd still like this to happen:) +1
    Posted 12 years ago by Muncey Mango Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There should be only 3 in the game, one per Bureaucratic hall. 
    Posted 12 years ago by WalruZ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Muncey, if you have any formatting it gets all screwed up.  Even as much formatting as multiple paragraphs becomes ugly when copying and pasting. 

And I freaking love this idea.  
    Posted 12 years ago by spacekadt Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Only after they come up with an easy way to get rid of notes.  There are already too many spam notes cluttering up the landscape.
    Posted 12 years ago by Pale Queen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • about getting rid of notes, how about having piggies eating them? (plus all the other ideas like the one of eating them)
    Posted 12 years ago by Zean Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I totally support this idea.

As for getting rid of annoying notes, I just sell them or drop them in the nearest shrine.
    Posted 12 years ago by MrSchism Subscriber! | Permalink
  • copy/pasting notes requires a lot of clicking around. a copy machine would be cool, and like any other machine, you could put one note in and do whatever while it's making duplicates. just as long as people don't go crazy with it, like the people who spam global with the "come to my party" 50 zillion times BS.

as for getting rid of notes, see this post/thread - www.glitch.com/forum/ideas/...
    basically, having the ability to eat them. we can already eat planks so it seems only natural ;p i always forget to donate them bc i never donate anything...i'm a jerk that way.
    Posted 12 years ago by jerk nugget Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I do the copy/paste thing to duplicate notes regarding my machine room.  I've never really had anyone complain about getting one of the notes or seeing one on a board in the Community Machine Rooms.

It's just tedious.
  • I don't have a problem with a copy machine.....but agree that only having them at Bureaucratic Hall's,(or limited locations at any rate) and charging a fee to use the copy machine would help limit it so ppl would be less likely to use it for Spam purposes. Also Notes ONLY Teleportaion Scripts can't be copied.  There would need to be a max # of copies of the same note allowed as well, say up to 50 copies of the same note, and then that note cant be copied again...something like that.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lyrical DejaVu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I agree with lyrical - Only I do not think setting a max amount on a note would help much - it just means people would copy and paste a few and then put them all in the machine one after the other I think it should either cost enough to put people off of mass production or you should be limited to a number of maximum uses of the machines in one real day to stop people abusing it for spamming purposes.

Either way, love the idea :D +1
    Posted 12 years ago by Potian Dragoon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So in summation.

Have a limited number of copy machines (in public areas), and charge for copying. Also limit the number of copies made of one document and of course do not allow copying of scripts.

I think if we add all those ideas in, a copy machine would be a great addition to the game, as for the pain in the butt notes, what about a shredder?
    Posted 12 years ago by Keice Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like the idea of having them publicly placed and using the payment as a deterrent to spam.

However, I think that they should be available to have on your street... just for a stupidly high price to assemble (minimum of 50,000c per part) so that more seasoned players have an item that makes their streets more valuable.
  • Regardless of price having them available for home streets, would make them too common. Which would defeat some the purpose of placing limitations on the copies. Its not something we need often but would be nice for when we do occasionally need it. But yes some limitations need to be in place such as a fee to make the copies, amongst other ideas. As for the shredder idea, maybe have it give a small % of unused paper back, as an incentive to pick up unwanted dropped notes.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lyrical DejaVu Subscriber! | Permalink