Topic

Wardrobe Browns -- More Options and/or Consistency

I've been wearing a wonderful brown tweed jacket and matching brown bell pants for months now, and I am often frustrated by either a) a lack of brown versions of clothes that I could combine with my current outfit or use to swap out bits, or b) the existence of brown versions that are wonderful but are in a different shade of brown that clashes badly with what I already have.

Examples:

a) The new trousers do not come in brown, but I think they'd look great with my jacket!

b) The Brown Fedora and Darcy Pigott Hat are both lighter browns than my suit, and just look wrong--but would have been great accessories to my overall look.

I do recognize that colours don't have to match perfectly for an outfit to look nice, but it does bother me when colours are close but different enough to be easily seen as different.  (This happens in real life, too!)

Posted 11 years ago by Don Monkey Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• This is true with green stuff too.
    Posted 11 years ago by Pale Queen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Finding shoes to match the Lem robe has been driving me crazy.  There's nothing to match the green OR brown.  I'd like to see more color consistency in general in the wardrobe.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Agreed....in that many colors have very little available in the wardrobe. Brown,, Orange, Yellow, have the least. Black, White, Blue,have the most, Purple,Pink,Red, Green, need more...but are in between the two extremes. But please....just make more things available in all categories, for all colors...just emphasis on the colors with the least. I've avoided buying the least used colors because theres so little to go with it! 
    Posted 11 years ago by Lyrical DejaVu Subscriber! | Permalink