Topic

Aside from Glitch, what other online games do Glitchens play?

Me?

I play Idle Worship (<== click) on Facebook. Not exactly a popular choice here in the Philippines (predominantly Catholic) because of the "cultish" theme but whatever.

Also: Urban-Rivals (online card game) and I can't wait for Card Hunter (another online card game)

I also frequent sites like Kongregate and Newgrounds to search for cool flash games.

How 'bout you? What can you share?

Posted 13 years ago by The Black Chicken Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2
  • nethack.alt.org :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Lara Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ooooooohhhh. I *loooove* roguelike games. :)
  • neat :) do you play any?

on the side: re nethack, i think it's awesome that you can watch someone else's entire experience as they play a relatively complicated, potentially months/years-long game - and play it back later!  that's something most graphical rpgs can't really offer and is really just plain unique to text-based games.

of course, neither glitch nor nh are rpgs either, if we're trying to compare apples...:)

oh, i also like rfk - was my first intro to the 'coffee break' genre! and i played a good old fantasy mud until relatively recently.
    Posted 13 years ago by Lara Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I remember playing ADOM when I was younger. And an offline version of Nethack. :)
  • Everquest 2 is my other game of choice!
    Posted 13 years ago by Casombra Amberrose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I also play Minecraft while waiting for SWTOR to release.  Once TOR launches, I'm not sure what will happen to me. :p
    Posted 13 years ago by VorpalCheese Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm an inveterate gamer. Classic board and card games, tabletop RPGs, Minecraft, and console games. (Arkham City is waiting, and Skyrim isn't far off ... so, as Vorpal said about TOR, not sure what happens when Skyrim comes out.)
    Posted 13 years ago by TK-855 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • SPIRAL KNIGHTSSSSSSSS
    Posted 13 years ago by Rook Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Terraria! Patiently waiting for update 1.1. :D
    Posted 13 years ago by Myuki Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The Lord of the Rings Online! (www.lotro.com)

I'm thinking of trying Mabinogi, but not until my TF2 addiction dies down.
    Posted 13 years ago by shipwreck Subscriber! | Permalink
  • smallworlds.com its really fun imo
    Posted 13 years ago by Emilia Rosalinda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Minecraft and spiderwebsoftware.com games. My faves!
    Posted 13 years ago by Xev Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Been an online gamer for a while...  But currently, I'm known to run around on Lord of the Rings and Minecraft.  Also been playing City of Heroes again now that it's free to play.
    Posted 13 years ago by Rusty McDusty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Rusty McDusty - I take you mean LotRO?

What server are you on?
    Posted 13 years ago by shipwreck Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Pandanda, Tinkatolli, and OMGPOP... not that average ya know :P
    Posted 13 years ago by Mr. Rave Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I play Kingdom of Loathing (If you enjoy the humor in Glitch, you'll probably like KoL, too) and, when I feel like burning money, Magic Online. That's about it, really. Between Glitch and KoL, all my online gaming time is taken up. :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Whym Subscriber! | Permalink
  • League of Legends
    Posted 13 years ago by Sykozen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm feeling a bit untethered as far as games go. I played Wizards 101 for a few months, but the merchandise marketing got to be overwhelming. Then I was playing Minecraft, but ran out of stuff I wanted to do. I'm giving Pirates of the Caribbean Online another chance. It's got some fun things I haven't seen in other games, and isn't the same old WoW knockoff.

Mabinogi looks interesting. Is it mostly tweens? I'm an adult with grown kids.
    Posted 13 years ago by Widdershins Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just recently tried Mabinogi... if you like being nickled and dimed then yep it is a good game. You have to buy character cards to have more than one character, you have to buy most of everything even though it says it is free.... but again there is the catch. I am an adult and saw all kinds of ages in the game.
    Posted 13 years ago by Casombra Amberrose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Played WoW extensively for ages. Got tired of it (mostly the fact that sustaining the raid thing necessitates a highly active, social guild, and finding a good one became tiresome).

Probably not picking up another new one until the new Star Wars comes out.
    Posted 13 years ago by Turbo Angst Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm with Whym. Glitch & KoL together take up my online gaming time.
    Posted 13 years ago by Hrulgin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I used to play Facebook games, but I can't stand games that are so in my face about asking for money and spamming people's streams, so, I quit them. I play a lot of Minecraft, I play Team Fortress 2 now and then. I've been a member of Newgrounds on and off since time immemorial (about 12 years, or whenever it was they started a user system with profiles) and occasionally I play on Kongregate, too.
    Posted 13 years ago by Laerwen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm going to try Rift. This may be the death of my glitch.
    Posted 13 years ago by Widdershins Subscriber! | Permalink
  • World of Warcraft, Portal and Left 4 Dead. Used to be a longtime Puzzle Pirate too.
    Posted 13 years ago by Slappy Squirrel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm addicted to a game called Smallworlds also :P

It's pretty much a social game, but this game has tons of things to do and allows tons of creativity. I do advise it to everyone, if you do join and like it. Just lemme know and I'll give you my inworld name =)

www.smallworlds.com
    Posted 13 years ago by Shaney Subscriber! | Permalink
  • On a regular basis:

- Guild Wars
    - Glitch

Occasionally pop in to catch up with friends:

- Perfect World International
    - Shaiya Online
    - Cabal Online

My social life *will* come to an end with the release of:

- Guild Wars 2
    Posted 13 years ago by Papa Vodou Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm also playing EchoBazaar echobazaar.failbettergames.com - you have a limited number of actions each day, so you just pop in, play your Fallen London choices, then wait till your actions regenerate.
    Posted 13 years ago by katyroo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was big on World of Warcraft for many years but I quit at the beginning of this year, shortly after the Cataclysm expansion. Burnout. Never going back.

I've also discovered the incredible World of Tanks (another free MMO) and have been playing it for several months.

The next game I'll be playing is Diablo 3.
    Posted 13 years ago by Zoidbum Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Team fortress 2 and progress quest (http://progressquest.com/)

occasionally ill load up DDO, but ever since they introduced crafting i havent felt the need to play.  Kinda strange that i like glitch, considering i usually quit playing games that require crafting/grinding type activities.  Played City of Heores/villians for years, quit when suddenly all my hamis were useless and crafting was introduced (and the great pvp nerf)..
    Posted 13 years ago by Mixtli Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I play Lord of the Rings Online.  I've tried out several other MMOs over the years, but the only one to even slightly dent my addiction to LOTRO has been Glitch.  Recently, I've had both Glitch and LOTRO running and have been tabbing back and forth simul-crafting, LOL.  I've also been known to put the raid leader on Follow in the Draigoch raid so I could harvest my crops in Glitch.  It's funny... when my Kinship notices that I'm on follow, the all ask in vent if I'm playing that Glitch thing again.  Heheheh.  I also, on rare occasions, play Neopets, mostly for Meerca Chase, Pterattack, Pyramids, Destruct-o-Match, and Kou-Jong... my account there is over 10 years old! 
    Posted 13 years ago by Cloudie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have accounts with WoW, Guild Wars, Everquest 2, Lord of the Rings Online, Fallen Earth, Hellgate London. But with minions in the house, Glitch is about the only one I have active at the minute!

---
    http://www.twitter.com/alittleglitch
    Posted 13 years ago by Yessi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • EVE Online - the utter anti-Glitch of games :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Petra Herata Dynica Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm just coming off a five month Minecraft binge,
    coming off a serious Facebook addiction, 
    on the heels of a rather deep immersion into the adoptable pets community in various scenes,
    having barely recovered from two years of Guild Wars insanity.

Somewhere in there I also played Horse Isle and Domain of Heroes, plus a short stint on Kongregate that introduced me to Minecraft in the first place.

Not online, but I'm also a non-recovering Sims addict.
    Posted 13 years ago by Garney Subscriber! | Permalink
  • waiting for Card Hunter but i just started playing BattleCraft so i can have something to do other than glitch.
    Posted 13 years ago by Tree Swift Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I used to play SmallWorlds but I only really play Glitch now :)
    Posted 13 years ago by April Time Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I play DDO for the past two years mostly 10pm-1130pm EST if anyone plays, look me up. Always looking for quest mates.

Raquil, House Cannith
    Posted 13 years ago by Dagnabbit Rabbit Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Right now mostly Glitch and Global Agenda, with a bit of League of Legends here and there.  

I also play (but can't remember when I last logged in) LotRO and CoH.  
    Posted 13 years ago by Saucelah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've looked at Enovy but haven't signed up yet.
    Posted 13 years ago by Berry Goode Subscriber! | Permalink
  • BTW, the Royal Opera House (of all places!) has just come out with a game app in iTunes store called The Show Must Go On.
    Posted 13 years ago by Berry Goode Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mostly just Glitch & PonyIsland. ^_^

I sometimes play zOMG over at Gaia, which is pretty fun but doesn't have the same kind of community feel this place has.  Also it doesn't have as cool of quests.

I used to play other stuff too like KaiOnline and UO and stuff, and was a complete Second Life addict for awhile, but those have mostly fallen by the wayside.  ^_^

Edit- duh how could I forget.  I play (fluff)Friends over at facebook, too. <3
    Posted 12 years ago by ♪♥~ Auren ~♥♪ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Transformice

----
    www.transformice.com
    Posted 12 years ago by Cute Nyan Kitten Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Second Life
    Posted 12 years ago by Marla Singer Subscriber! | Permalink
  • thanks guys... now I've joined SmallWorlds too. Goodbye social life! Between that and Glitch... ah well, what're the outdoors anyway?

Lets be SmallWorlds friends! I'm still getting my bearings there, but so far I'm loving it!
    Posted 12 years ago by Avery♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hmmm....right now my list besides Glitch is:
    Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted www.istaria.com (For those folk who want a fantasy game where you can be a dragon, as well as other races. A very friendly bunch of folk, like here, & lots of things to craft, even houses & lairs)
    Farmerama us.farmerama.bigpoint.com/?...
    Zoomumba us.zoomumba.bigpoint.com/?a...
    Kultan avynor.kultan.com
    Mine Things www.minethings.com
    And a few via Bigpoint www.bigpoint.com Such as Crazy Gremlins & Zombie Pandemic

I do slowly wander a bit, but you can always find me in Istaria. I've been there for 7 years. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Unicorn's Lady Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My list of non-Glitch online games?

Anarchy Online
    Spiral Knights
    CrimeCraft: BLEEDOUT
    Minecraft (on a couple of SMP servers with friends)
    Global Agenda: Free Agent
    Kingdom of Loathing (for seven years, good Wub!)
    Second Life

I was playing Lord of the Rings Online before it went Free to Play. I just have no urge to reinstall and return to Middle-Earth (because it was a somewhat boring game once you got to level 30 or so).
    I may return to playing Fallen Earth if I can get the installer without Pando Media Booster.
    I used to play There, but not very frequently.
    I burned out HARD on Eve Online. I still can't stand looking at the game.

(also, I am a ninja edit.)
    Posted 12 years ago by Xial Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Same name on the Midnight ocean on
    Puzzle Pirates
    Posted 12 years ago by Hellyeah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Onverse, its free to play and I play mainly for the house decorating aspect.  You can customize your avatar, purchase clothes, pets, vehicles, etc.  If you're into home decor then you should try it.  There are 2 kinds of money there as well, free money (like currants) and paid for money (like credits).  You can purchase a home and decorate with tons of different furniture.  You can also build you own home from scratch, but you might need to cough up some real money for the building supplies.  (although you can earn "credits" with special offers)
    I don't really socialize there because I get the sense many of the players are younger, but there are plenty of instances you can choose, so you can play how you want.  They aslo have contests and mini games.
    Onverse
    Posted 12 years ago by Gadzooks Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A bit of WoW and will soon be getting Diablo 3 thanks to Blizzard's denerosity/desperation-fo-my-cold-hard-cash. My guild is just getting to the point where we have enough people that we could maybe manage a dungeon run, so I'm far off raider burnout.

I tried Rift a few months ago. Underwhelmed. It's pretty and all, but... eh. Tried Star Trek Online and, oh my. It's *bad*. Honestly. Drink methylated spirits - less painful and a better way to waste money. (I quit before the free month was up!)
    Posted 12 years ago by Hallirackit Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Rusty Hearts (love the music and the gameplay, and the story's pretty amusing).
    Hiatusing from PWI, which has been boring ever since I started playing Glitch and RH. It's one of those free to play, pay to win games and that always disgusts me.

If Guild Wars 2 lives up to the hype, might try that sometime way after launch.
    Posted 12 years ago by Souran Sweet Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Im also a recovering WoW gamer. Was thinking I'd go back but I'm quite enjoying Glitch now!

Also playing Fallout 3 and a handfuls of little games from Game House and Big Fish.
    Posted 12 years ago by Ziti Subscriber! | Permalink
Previous 1 2