Topic

Wood Tree bounty money needed, Proof in a video.

I'll share it with the person who helped me.

1 wood trees were successfully killed and replaced with bubble, which would equate to 2000 currants.

I'm here to collect my bounty from flask.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opd...

Following the conversation might not be a good idea since the chat box is hidden.

Posted 12 years ago by Rook Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2 3
  • I considered taking up this deal myself but then thought better of it since it requires that the other party keep their word in order for you to receive the pay you were promised. Let's just say my faith is a little lacking in this case because when I went and stated my intent to take the person up on the deal in another thread they went back and changed it.

Let me know if they make good on the promise. I'm curious.
    Posted 12 years ago by Melting Sky Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Will do.
  • if that deal is still on and the video is legit, then you will be payed. no need to question flask's integrity here.
    Posted 12 years ago by psibertus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • kinda sad to see you do this Rook.

and we both know what I am talking about now. Just sad.
  • Make that one wood tree lol.

Thanks for the correction.

Btw, I thought since I was planting a non-wood tree, I might as well make it bubble since it would be easier to make eggs.

On top of that, I did ask those around me if they minded what I did.

In the video tho, there is ONE wood tree that got killed for sure. My mistake in saying that I killed two.
  • But the reason why I killed the bean tree in the first video was for reasons that I won't talk about yet.
  • prntscr.com/50ogw
  • so you break the agreement to get flask to pay you for killing wood trees. troll much?
  • Lmao

I still can't get over you calling people trolls. It's great. I gotta admit you do have a sense of humor. : )

Rook, if you attempt this again you really need to do it at time when there aren't many people playing since most people who drop by and happen to have an antidote will cure a poisoned wood tree there.
  • even rook will be paid for killing wood trees and replacing them with anything else.

it's nice to see, though, in the video who your friends really are and who they aren't.

according to the terms of the bounty note, one wood tree killed and replanted comes to 1000 currants, not two.

1000 currants is roughly equivalent to a penny on the floor. keep it up; you keep poisoning those wood trees and i'll keep paying.

it's pretty clear that at least one of us has principles.

i will have to unblock rook temporarily to send the money.

i am not sure how to verify payment, since he will claim i did not pay him.

note to all aspiring young glitches: killing wood trees is profitable and besides what you get from planks (i  made 70,000 currants yesterday alone) i will pay you bounty on top of it.

even the wood "preservists" can get paid to do it; it only illustrates my point that they are not about preserving wood trees, but only about control.

i am glad to pay to have them exposed for what they are.

thank you for this lovely surprise.

poison away, kids!

lets see more video!
    Posted 12 years ago by flask Subscriber! | Permalink
  • rook has been paid.

thank you for the cheap advertising.

i notice that just now wickodoon has been replanted to all wood. that's a penalty i'm afraid. time for a massive dieback.
  • I understand this thread is supposed to be a joke, but I don't like the idea of poking fun at people this way.

Flask, what I think would make more sense rather than killing wood trees everywhere, would be for you to start a new group that maintains one wood tree on every island. That way having a wood resource in Wickdoon Mood would become less important to everyone. I really don't understand why you keep using the tactic of killing off wood trees and paying others to kill them. If it is a tit-for-tat tactic, you are (mildly) harming people who never harmed you, while increasing the importance of something you want to get rid of.

When I saw that Wickdoon was all wood, I went there and replaced one with cherry. It is the tree by the signpost, since that seems to be the spot that psibertus feels is the best one to have non-wood.

Update: Come to Wickdoon and see this cherry tree. It is not full grown yet but already gave one visitor a superharvest!
    Posted 12 years ago by Dotcom Subscriber! | Permalink
  • didymosphenia geminata.
    you really don't get it, do you?
    unctuous false civic spirit goes nowhere and fools nobody for very long. you do not get to decide what gets planted on that one street. until you stop, i will resist and retaliate. it still seems to hold your interest, so i guess that's one more victory for me.
    the collateral damage is unfortunate, i guess, but i have moved from extremely wealthy to obscenely wealthy.
    ça m'est égal.
  • I'm not sure how one would distinguish between "unctuous false civic spirit" and someone who is playing a game and enjoying himself. And Glitch might not hold my interest so well if it weren't that it is distracting me from some work I ought to be doing.
  • yeah, the parting shot of the losing side: i would have done better against you, but i have better things to do.

go ahead, do them. what are you doing posting here?

it's like the german army returning home in 1918, "undefeated on the field"
  • If it is a tit-for-tat tactic, you are (mildly) harming people who never harmed you, while increasing the importance of something you want to get rid of.- Dotcom

You don't get it.  At.  All.  Do you?  Flask isn't trying to 'get rid' of the wood trees.  The wood trees are a symbol.  They are the prop being used by a group of people to act with a kind of arrogance that has no place in a community game.  A small gang of players has formed, declared they 'own' a street and will maintain full control over what grows on it.

Uh, they'll even, kinda maybe, agree that their control over the street will extend to their allowing one non-wood tree on the street.  But they'll still be 'supervising' the street, don't you evah forget that...

It's amazing how hard it is for people to grasp the idea that it is their act of controlling that offends, not this tree or that tree or whatever other incidental sub-issue is involved.  All sorts of excuses can be spun up, but they're still a gang of bullies, pushing other players around in the game.

Did you hear that?  Bullies.
    Posted 12 years ago by Parrow Gnolle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Very well said Parrow Gnolle.
    Posted 12 years ago by Audaria Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I fangirl this whole conflict. I find it fascinating. It's in my interest for there to be an array of healthy wood trees because I'm working on the tree badges, but since I changed houses so I can work on them in an instance I control, I don't think I have a right to a specific mix of them externally.

So... carry on, folks!
    Posted 12 years ago by Pomegrandy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ Parrow Gnolle, I did not mean to suggest that flask was trying to get rid of wood trees. What flask has said in the past was that he wanted to get rid of the wood haven in Wickdoon Mood. By making wood-protection less important he would do more to accomplish his objective of reducing public support for keeping wood trees in Wickdoon Mood.
  • ah. but long, long ago i stated clearly that if you continue this group's action in this street, i will make your false statement on the rarity of wood trees true.

i am simply helping you you out bu making you as important as you want to be.

and each time this discussion flares, wood trees get killed at great profit to me.

ka-ching!

this is another penalty, i'm afraid.
  • One person enjoys being an embattled individual against the collective and amassing wealth in the process.

Another enjoys working together with others toward a shared goal and having a sphere of influence in the game.

Everybody wins, otherwise this would have been over long ago.

The notion that one side is more arrogant than the other is, however, patently laughable. The title of  'more righteous than thou' seems to be claimed by both sides.

If outright abuse is no longer taking place, then I don't think anybody has grounds for real complaint. Nobody can "control" you or the environment. Play the game. If you want more people on "your side," recruit them. But whether it's calling people "gangs" or "griefers," as long as no harassment or abuse is transpiring, I think there's little more to say.
    Posted 12 years ago by Pascale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What flask has said in the past was that he wanted to get rid of the wood haven in Wickdoon Mood. - Dotcom

What flask wants* is to defang the bullying gang that thinks they have a righteous role in maintaining a 'wood haven' in Wickdoon.

Your gang could be trying to keep the street all bean trees, or all fruit trees, or all dug-out patches.  What people find repellant is the arrogant 'we have taken charge, we will do what is best for all' attitude.

(*actually, what flask wants is for flask to say, but I am pretty certain I understand their position fairly well.  I am a little uncomfortable taking on the role of 'interpreting' their position and hope flask is not offended)
  • You're all crazy.
    Posted 12 years ago by Ernest Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I agree with Ernest.
    Posted 12 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Forgive me for my lack of knowledge but is this another Tree war? I've haven't played Glitch for a while now...
    Posted 12 years ago by gamecharacter Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It isnt really a war this time, gamecharacter. Its just a few players against a few players.  I dont know about others, but Im tired of reading about it and hearing about it.  If you want to have this going back and forth between the two very small groups, does it have to be in the forums? Does it have to be multiple threads?
  • Trees come and trees go, and if you want a tree that's not there, you can always just go someplace else and find them.  Getting so het up about it one way or the other seems like a strange way to spend one's days.

The solution to public tree territoriality seems like it'd be the same as the solution for public herb territoriality:  If it really bothers you, just grow your own in your backyard.
    Posted 12 years ago by E D D I E Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm with Innie: I'd prefer not to see all the childish tree-posturing in multiple forum posts. Make one, stay there.
  • Some see it as 'just another tree war.'  But others would oppose it just the same if it were an organized group taking over any other space within the game and trying to control it.

The wood trees are just the current excuse for a group to attempt to dominate a sphere of game-play.  It ain't about the trees.  It ain't about the forests.  It's about a merry band of unelected forest rangers tellin' us the way it's gonna be.

-------------

Added on edit: you have to click on posts to read them.  Exercise your right to not-click.  Or is the switch inside your mouse button broken and issuing extra random clicks? (that happens sometimes)

I get tired of goo-goo gaa-gaa "we are so wonderful"  "this is an incredible community" luv-fest threads.  But they happen all the time.  I don't complain about it or tell people to shove their conceited self-aggrandizing 'niceness' all into just one thread.
  • A fool sees not the same tree that a wise man sees.  - William Blake
  • Sure.  Why are you wasting your time reading them?  Are you out of butterfly massage lotion?
  • Parrow Gnolle there has been many a time.. well most times I have disagreed with you. BUT now I am falling in love with you!!!!!

You are straight on, 100% correct on the reason behind what flask is trying to do here and thank you for pointing it out eloquently. Welcome to the light!
    Posted 12 years ago by Casombra Amberrose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Confession: I logged in to the game, went to the street mentioned in this thread to see what's it all about, found no one except a single person who teleported away not long after I arrived, was thinking to harvest all the trees available, accidentally poisoned a wood tree because I forgot it only has one harvest, don't know what to feel afterwards...
    Posted 12 years ago by gamecharacter Subscriber! | Permalink
  • gamecharacter, thank you for the tree poison.   :)
  • Here's the part I'm still unclear on.  It seems to me that it would be a good thing for the game if some out-of-the-way dead-end street were maintained with several wood trees, and several people looked after it to  replant when needed so newbs on quests and others in need of some planks could always know where to find a wood tree or two.  It seems that the Wickdoon project was probably started with that point of view but went out of control because 1) the originators didn't realize that Wickdoon was special to several glitchen and 2) at least a few of the Wickdoon project people became over-the-top unpleasant when others had different points of view.  So my question is this:  if a street were found than nobody had strong feelings about and a group of glitchen decided to work to maintain some wood trees there, would that be okay or would exactly the same conflict as Wickdoon be created?
    Posted 12 years ago by Hawkwell Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I suspect any group of glitchen deciding what is and is not OK use of a game resource (public tree patches) is going to create exactly the same conflict.

All of the 'tree wars' have been about small groups trying to force all players to abide by their decision about what should be planted in particular patches.  

Why can't the "example" tree group decide to maintain one "example" tree on each street in Ur?  Why would that not be exactly the same result, that noobs and people in need of a harvest of that "example" resource would always know that there was one available on the street they were on?  (yes, yes, only certain trees grow in certain regions.  Each street has one example tree from each variety that grows in that region)

If that is not an acceptable method for meeting the goal, then it seems we are back to the underlying issue:  whether someone (or ones) can decide to control a particular patch or patches.  
    Posted 12 years ago by WindBorn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hawkwell wrote: It seems to me that it would be a good thing for the game if some out-of-the-way dead-end street were maintained with several wood trees,...

You are right. I'm sure flask has no objection to "several" wood trees. The objection is to ALL wood trees in the street and some persons being aggressive and mean when someone else tries to change one of them.

Parrow Gnole wrote: I get tired of goo-goo gaa-gaa "we are so wonderful"  "this is an incredible community" luv-fest threads.

Amen! Right on! Other encouraging exclamations!
    Posted 12 years ago by Flowerry Pott Subscriber! | Permalink
    Posted 12 years ago by The Rook Subscriber! | Permalink
  • parrow gnolle, despite claiming not not know for sure what flask means has hit the nail dead on and is therefore granted the right to interpret flask's texts without danger of offense being taken.

parrow gnolle's extraordinary ability to understand flask's meaning must either be attributed to astounding telepathy or to pretty fair reading comprehension.

flask prefers to attribute it to telepathy, feeling that this is far more amusing.
  • My compliments to the author of this quote for being clear and direct without being antagonistic:

"Some see it as 'just another tree war.'  But others would oppose it just the same if it were an organized group taking over any other space within the game and trying to control it."

Certain Glitchen don't like what they see as "taking over" of streets.  They would be equally offended by a group who insisted that whatever the arrangement of trees on a particular street was at a particular time chosen by them (such as bean, bean, cherry, bubble), they will keep it that way from then on.  It's not about the kind or number of trees, it's about a group making their mark on a street and re-marking the street every time their mark is smudged.  The objection is to "ownership" of "territory".  Those who oppose the "street control" do not oppose the results of the control, they oppose the control itself.  (I used quotes to clarify that I'm using the terms for clarity but do not endorse the assumptions their use implies.)

But the control itself is neither good nor bad.  There is no harm in organizing.  There can only be harm in the actions of the individuals.  If you do not object to a Wickdoon Mood full of wood trees then it is inconsistent to object to keeping them there on purpose.

To those who tire of the debate I say: welcome to The Internet - it's a lot like life.
    Posted 12 years ago by Crag Subscriber! | Permalink
  • hawkwell, if some people wanted to band together to take control of a different out of the way street it would be just as bad.

if they managed to do this without attracting the notice of anyone else it would be less of a taking over and more of a gentle suggestion.

gentle suggestions are happening everyday, all over ur. there are gardening choices and market manipulations and nearly nobody notices and fewer people care, but every time someone starts dropping bossypants notes, thre's a reaction. when the same people start whiny forum threads about same, hilarity ensues.

after a number of days with no resolution, a marching band is convened.

i have my trombone out.

you?
  • Can I play the trumpet flask?
    Posted 12 years ago by Casombra Amberrose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is just sad D:
    Posted 12 years ago by Palindrome Subscriber! | Permalink
  • you may play kazoo or banjo or autoharp or whatever you want. all i ask is that when we play, we are only playing one tune at a time, preferably the same one at any given time, for aural comfort. also with a marching band it's usually preferable to have SOME sort of formation, otherwise passers-by might mistake us for an unfortunate milling crowd and get hit in the head with a bass drum mallet by accident.

(true story: i once hit someone in the head with a bass drum mallet when they accidentally inserted themselves between the mallet and the drumhead in the middle of my swing. one might think that even a conglomeration of smartly-dresssed kazooists marching in formation behind a drum major on a public street might be given some respect, but apparently not.)
  • I think it shows me care :)

their are many ways to be unique and creative without stepping on peoples toes, it didn't take long to realise that planting 4 of one tree on a street and leaving notes asking or telling others to leave them alone is a bad thing [yes, this is how my own Wickdoon story began]. just a shame so many others haven't figured that out for themselves.

I backed down completely, my only "condition" of sorts was they let one non wood tree remain for the piggies. I personally prefer a bean tree but it is usually a fruit tree and that's cool. I don't like some of the sly tactics used by the leader of a particular group and I don't like the employing of mercenaries to break the "condition" so that the group doesn't have to get their hands dirty.

as for the tree war, I kept my word and I'm now just an annoying observer :)
  • I wonder if he's like this in real life?

I betcha he is.

Me, I'd rather spend my time running around giving stuff away and doing Random Kindness.  That's my idea of wealth.
    Posted 12 years ago by The Missing Finger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • what we have here is a problem of pronoun referent.
  • I've never understood the logic of: you insist on something! I maintain you can't isist on that something so I insist the opposite! You're proving yourself wrong by your very argument.

Swapping 1 righteous indignation with another does not make you any more right.

You say they aren't allowed to say what's on that street, but your actions do exactly the same thing! You are, in fact insisting on something very specific too.
    Posted 12 years ago by QueenKellee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I propose we play Charles Ives' Country Band March. You can listen to it here.
  • Ummm, people. Why are we bothering to post here? Haven't we been there done this already. ; )

One time is ridiculous enough. I think its been pretty well established that the only people who are really trying to dictate what can or can't be planted in wickdoon are those doing things like making all these silly threats about retaliation against random bystanders who plant wood trees elsewhere in the world because people are refusing plant what they are dictating for Wickdoon. Just look at which side is making the threats. One side politely asks that the wood trees they plant be left, the otherside tears them down which is fine, but then they go about making threats to enforce their wishes which involve going out into the world and targeting random strangers to grief by killing the trees they plant. They then make it out like the people who keep replanting Wickdoon are responsible for these nasty actions because they refuse to do as they are told.

It's not like any one person or group of people has control over what goes on there. Control is an illusion. The wood trees are there 90% of the time because about 90% of the people who go to wickdoon like them there. It's pretty simple really. -shrug-

It's the same in Ix. The spice trees are there because the majority want them there. It's not like one group of people was able to decide it. If you look at these "tree wars" which I find a rather funny tittle they aren't some organized effort. It's just majority rule with the difference being that people can cast multiple votes by devoting more time and resources to it.

Anyway as for the real topic of this thread, I think it was a very clever way for Rook to ensure he gets paid. Which he now has. Not sure its worth the effort but it now means its public enough that there is no way for the people involved to break thier word
Previous 1 2 3