Topic

BRB JUST SACRIFICING MY LIFE LOOKING FOR THE MAGICAL QUILL

Formerly the "If Pottermore ends up being an MMO I don't know what the hell I'm going to do with myself" thread.

I'm going to need a Time-Turner for both that and Glitch. The thought of it provokes my anxiety while producing lots of serotonin so I'm all confused, lol.

Posted 13 years ago by Cerulean Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 3 4 5 Next
  • WildSilver191 Whoo Hoo!
    Posted 13 years ago by GreyGoose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sob I missed it again. Are there invites?
    Posted 13 years ago by Lung Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi Lung! Unfortunately no invites at this time and the possibility of that seems highly unlikely until October. But there are still 3 days left and a lot of us are still here to help you! Just keep checking the Pottermore page as often as possible. Keep in mind that the site runs on UK time (which I believe is GMT, meaning 5 hours ahead of EST and 8 ahead of PST).
  • Feathermist130 in the hiz-ouse! So excited!
    Posted 13 years ago by Jia-pop Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'll keep trying! I just find that every time it's open I'm sleeping (as I have to sleep early for work.) Eeeeek.
  • @Lung and others: If I'm not mistaken, it's day 5 and today's clue has yet to go up, and the day is running out! SO KEEP CHECKING!!! :D
  • it's up! (12 grimmauld place, by the way)
    Posted 13 years ago by DiddilyPuff Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've been up all morning. Finally got in.
    How do I register? Is it supposed to go on the scholastic page? Why is the max age 17?
  • scholastic page, yes. Should be an ad at the top. Catch the feather!
  • What feather?! !!!!
  • in the purple ad! The magical feather! (turn off ad blockers!)
  • Thanks diddilypuff!
    (My adblocker was on!)

AHhh! I was too anxious! Couldn't figure it out.. thank goodness you were here!!!

I am HawthornHolly124!
  • You're quite welcome. Glad to help out a fellow Glitch Potter fan. (Glitchter? Pottch?)

I got in the first day (JinxSparks200 is me!), I'm just curious to see what all the questions are and what websites are linked to. And, of course, helping others get in is also a nice feeling.
  • Ahh, my sister camped out on the very first day and got in. hehee. Unfortunately I've had work/sleep and missed all of it until today! No matter, I'm in now! yeee!
  • lol, I totally forgot about it until I saw the Glitch thread, and happened upon it while the stuff was still up on the first day. I have lucky timing!
  • Yay!!! I'm in. IceWolf111
    Posted 13 years ago by FrankenPaula Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ahaha, I'm in the same boat as DiddlyPuff. Got in 1st day and want to make sure all my Glitch friends get in, too. xD

So at this point... is there anyone left? I mean, anyone that wants to get in that hasn't, yet?
  • Holy Hell, Day 6 has come and gone. ONLY ONE MORE DAY. Anyone else going to be fighting to get in?!

ETA: From Wikipedia:

Day 1
    On 31 July, Pottermore released the first clue at 9 a.m. BST: "How many owls are on the Eeylops Owl Emporium sign? Multiply by 49". The answer could be found in the first book, in the chapter titled "Diagon Alley."[18] The correct answer was 245, as there were 5 breeds of owl.[18] Users were then taken to Sony's US homepage in which you had to click on the Magical Quill floating among other Quills. Registration for the first day closed two hours after the post.

Day 2
    On 1 August, Pottermore released a second clue at 10 a.m. BST: "What is the number of the chapter in which Professor McGonagall cancels the Quidditch match between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff? Multiply this number by 42." The answer was chapter 14, titled "Cornelius Fudge", making the correct answer 588.[19] Users were taken to the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 site, where a quill was hidden in the images. Registration for the second day closed 77 minutes after the post.

Day 3
    On 2 August, Pottermore released the third clue at 11:00 a.m. BST: "In the Gryffindor versus Slytherin Quidditch match, in Harry's third year, how many points is Gryffindor leading by before Harry catches the Golden Snitch? Multiply this number by 35." Gryffindor was leading by 60 points before Harry caught the Snitch (Gryffindor 80, Slytherin 20), making the answer 2100.[20] Users were directed to an online article on The Guardian's website where the Quill was in an ad space. The Quill had to be levitated in order to be able to register. The Quill was levitated by moving the cursor back and forth just under the Quill. Registration on the third day closed 57 minutes after the post.

Day 4
    On 3 August, Pottermore released the fourth clue at 3:30 p.m. BST: "How many students take part in the Triwizard Tournament during Harry's fourth year? Multiply this number by 28." Four contestants competed in the Triwizard Tournament, which multiplied by 28, equals 112. Initially, some users were directed a Sony Harry Potter page; however, upon re-entering the address, they were sent to the registration page, where one could begin creating their account. Registration on the fourth day closed 33 minutes after the post.[citation needed]

Day 5
    On 4 August, Pottermore released the fifth clue at 6:00 p.m. BST: "What is the house number of the Headquarters for The Order of the Phoenix in Grimmauld Place? Multiply this number by 21." The house number was 12, making the answer 252. Users were redirected to Scholastic's Harry Potter page, where users had to capture the quill in an ad space. Registration on the fifth day closed 56 minutes after the post.[citation needed]

Day 6
    On 5 August, Pottermore released the sixth clue at 2:00 p.m. BST: "How many chapters are there in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince? Multiply this number by 14." The number of chapters was 30, making the answer 420. Users were redirected to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter's official page, where users had to click on the quill on the map.

Day 7
    On 6 August, the seventh clue will be released between 12:30am and 3:00am BST. After the limit of user registrations is met, early registration to Pottermore will be closed. Further on, new users may not start their magical journey for Pottermore until the official website launch date in October.[21]
  • ....cerulean...you are some kind of amazing..
  • I vote many kinds of amazing :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Millie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OMG...I wanted to get in and so did my daughter.
    Posted 13 years ago by Cassiopia_cat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There is still one more day! Good luck, cassiopia!
  • Awww you guys are too sweet. :D

And yeah, Cassiopia, if my info is correct then the next and final question should be up LATER TODAY between 4:30pm and 7pm, PST! Or 7:30pm and 10pm PST. Seems quite doable for anyone still looking to get in!
  • How many deathly hallows are there? x7
    Posted 13 years ago by PittyPat is sad Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 3 deathly hallows x 7 = 21
  • So registration is finally closed! Wow. Congrats to everyone that made it in, and thanks to PittyPat for providing the final clue (which was, by far, the easiest question!). :D I'm so excited. Can't wait to get my Hogwarts letter! Lol
  • See you guys there!!
  • OMJEEBUS!!! I got my Pottermore e-mail but all it says is that they'll open my account soon, lmao. I haven't actually checked because I'm at work but... we'll see what happens when I get home! :O
  • Yay! Just received a Pottermore e-mail: "You have been selected for early entry into Pottermore!" It goes on to say my account will be activated between mid-August and end of September. Whoo Hoo!
    Posted 13 years ago by GreyGoose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • WOOHOO I JUST GOT MY POTTERMORE E-MAIL!!!! I'M IN, I'M IN!!!!!!!!!
  • Okay, I just added all of you! I think. If I forgot anyone, or anyone else wants to befriend me on Pottermore, remember that I'm RookBlade137!
  • Congrats, Cerulean!  Will definitely add you...as soon as that pesky welcome letter arrives. :P
    Posted 13 years ago by Jannisary Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I got mine too! Added, Cerulean! with the Oak and the Fang and the 15. 
    Posted 13 years ago by Sir Poox Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I got in to Pottermore as well :) Day 3.

I'm RainJinx191 there.

Still waiting for my welcome email though T_T
    Posted 13 years ago by onizuka83 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Me too, onizuka. Me, too. We can commiserate. XD
    Posted 13 years ago by LitaPie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • AAAAHHHH I JUST GOT MY LETTER I AM SO DAMN HAPPYYYYYYY ADD ME DREAMCRIMSON2.
  • In too AvisFang10 add me if you want
    Posted 13 years ago by Phochai Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What the hell is a hufflepuff? <_<
  • I'm in :)

SeerFelicis168

(do tell me who you are if you add me!)
    Posted 13 years ago by Saro Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm in too ,I'm  FelicisQuest36 :o)
    Posted 13 years ago by Tilly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yea, got my letter yesterday and am playing!  StoneGlow129 and I'm a Hufflepuff!
    Posted 13 years ago by Cabinwood Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Finally got in!! :D

RainJinx191 if anyone wants to add me as a friend :D

I've got an Alder wood wand, 14 and a half inches long, with a unicorn core that is slightly springy.

Oh, and I'm a... Slytherin. Heh :P
    Posted 13 years ago by onizuka83 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I got in yesterday finally! PatronusSun177 feel free to add me. I'm a Ravenclaw, exactly what I expected.
    Posted 13 years ago by Cherio Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm a Ravenclaw, also what I expected after taking a test at another site about 3 weeks ago.
    DragonGold45 
  • Finally, got the welcome letter. UnicornHolly137
    Posted 13 years ago by Suzy Spring Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 3 4 5 Next