Topic

Cultural backgrounds of Glitchers?

I'm curious. Are there any Blacks here? African-Americans? Africans? People of the former nations in America, or anywhere else? Latinos? Asians? Arabs? Europeans? People from the former Soviet Union? Catholics? Buddhists? Muslims? Hindus? Other people in other religions besides Christian? Canadians? People from poor white cultures? Other people from anywhere outside of the (formerly) privileged classes of the US?

Posted 13 years ago by Ferond Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 Next
  • I'm Dutch, born in the Roman Catholic south near the border with Germany. Raised Roman Catholic, but atheist since the age of 14. I believe strongly in personal freedom, people should be able to do and say whatever they want as long as they don't harm others.

As far as I know my father's family is 100% Dutch. My mother has Spanish and German roots, grandpa is half German and I have German cousins. I get a nice tan :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Victoria Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Latin guy from Mexico. Altough my background is quite strange since im half spanish and half french, cant say im an atheist, cuz i believe in things like the soul and that stuff
    Posted 13 years ago by D_Destructo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My parents are Bangladeshi; I was born and raised in Malaysia. Grew up Muslim but now am more of an agnostic Possibilinarian.
    Posted 13 years ago by Creatrix Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I guess most people would describe me as "Latin" (which is really weird to me, because brazillians usually only consider people from the spanish speaking part of America "latin"), but I have a pretty mixed origin, as do most brazillians. I don't have a lot of information about my father's family, but I believe there's some african and some portuguese at least. On my mom's side I have italian, portuguese, indigenous, and african. My dad is "dark brown" but my mom is white, with dark, straight hair, so I'm in the middle, brown skin and curly hair.

As for religion, I'm a Christian, but currently I'm not associated with any formal church. I used to go a pentecostal church, but now I only meet with a small group in a couple of homes.
    Posted 13 years ago by Asha Greyjoy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Pure Chinese living in the Philippines, 3rd generation immigrant. Religion... uh, umm... not religious at all, although I suppose you could say I'm 'spiritual'
    Posted 13 years ago by Zurin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am a Heinz 57, Bohemian Gypsy, Black Foot Indian, Norwegian, Irish, German and maybe more A/K/A Anglo Saxon A/K/A Caucasian. My mom is a long time geneologist.  I am a gnostic and discordian sympathizer.  
    Posted 13 years ago by Rev. Lightbringer Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Half Serbo-Croatian, half Irish, exceedingly American. Both sides of the family arrived here quite recently (father's parents spoke no English, I have a keepsake box my mother's grandparents brought with them from Ireland). 

Raised mostly Baha'i' but also a smattering of other stuff (thanks, hippie mom), now call myself an atheist though I'm actually some kind of quantum physics-based animist. Something about the whole being greater than the sum of its parts, and all matter combined forming a superconsciousness (though ego dies with the being), but without all that old-dude-in-the-sky-making-arbitrary-rules business. Easier to tell people I am an atheist, anyway.
    Posted 13 years ago by Epilady Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am one of those epitomes of the melting pot that is the USA. I am about 3/4s of Europe mixed with a half dozen Native American tribes, an African American, and 3 different types of Asian. The most heavily amount of culture I have in me is French and Native American (Cherokee, specifically). I am also a Christian and have attended a Baptist church for a long time, but I really don't get the whole denomination stuff so I just consider myself Christian. I look like a vaguely tan white guy.
    Posted 13 years ago by Hogosha Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm an Anglophone Montrealer (in Quebec, Canada), a strong Atheist. Also I am super pastey (I kid you not I'm so pale I burn bring red in 20 mins in Montreal sun) european mix of, Scottish, English, Welsh, Dutch, German and French. 
    Posted 13 years ago by Tea Fiend Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lightbringer, what does A/K/A mean?
    Posted 13 years ago by Cefeida Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A/K/A = Also known as  : )
    Posted 13 years ago by Rev. Lightbringer Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 Next