Topic

Peeves

1) People on tree-killing quests who can't be bothered to replant what they found.
2) People who leave nubbins while mining.
Today was about cleaning up after these folks while I was actually trying to do other things.
So, if you share these peeves, I feel you.
If you think these peeves are inappropriate, I hear you, but I respectfully disagree.
It's the whole "leave no trace" thing.
I think it's a better path.

Posted 13 years ago by CrashTestPilot Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Do the rock nubbins prevent respawn?
    Posted 13 years ago by Sunshine Tentacles Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Sunshine They do! Only completely mined rocks will respawn.
    Posted 13 years ago by Millie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 1. Don't forget, there are also quests to plant trees, so when you go around obsessively replanting trees, you are preventing people from using them for those tree-planting quests.

2. See several other threads about this topic. Yes, some people don't realize rocks won't respawn from  a tiny nub. And yes, there are countless reasons why someone might not take the last bit.
    Posted 13 years ago by Zany Serendipity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Do we need a new thread about trees and rock nubs every single day??
    Posted 13 years ago by Poppy of Detwoit Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Poppy: One a week, it seems. ::: eyeroll :::
    Posted 13 years ago by TK-855 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think we get so many threads on these subjects because the people who need to see them and pay attention to them instead ignore them.
    Posted 13 years ago by Djabriil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • These are long time, ongoing issues that will not end any time I suspect.  They are very important issues to those who voice them so, yes, we will continue to have new threads.

When I see a nubbin, I will finish it if i can so the rock can respawn.  I urge others to do so also.  I don't blame anyone for leaving a nubbin.  Sometimes you just don't have the energy to finish a rock but you still need the ore so you mine anyway.  For those of you who are heavy miners, just finish the nubbin and move on.  There is more ore to find.  I understand the problem though when you are in an area with few rocks.
    Posted 13 years ago by Brib Annie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 Brib
    Posted 13 years ago by Little Miss Giggles Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love nubs - they have been source of many a gem for me. I mine every one I see. And I am not even a miner.
    Posted 13 years ago by Kookaburra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Djabrill:  I don't think that anyone needs to pay attention to these posts.  Play and let play, that's my motto.  I don't need other players telling me how to play or what rules they feel I should follow.

If the staff has an issue with something that I or another player is doing, then I'm all ears.
    Posted 13 years ago by Poppy of Detwoit Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Kookaburra: Hmm. If the chance of gem drops increased progressively as you mined a rock, that would solve the problem (i.e. highest drop chance on nub).
    Posted 13 years ago by TK-855 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @TK-855: the best part is, it doesn't actually matter if it's true or not.

Rumor time!
    Posted 13 years ago by Zedric Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've been guilty of leaving nubs. I thought they were like chickens and pigs were you could only take one at a time. When I figured out that you could take more I didn't want to take it all because others might want to use the rock. I didn't know how quickly they re-spawned.
    Posted 13 years ago by Octo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Poppy- There are people who maybe don't know that rocks don't respawn, for instance, and those are the people who could benefit... I don't think anybody's telling you how to play, they're just pointing out how certain actions can screw other people over, and that it's sort of selfish when the people doing them know the results their actions have on other players, but can't be bothered.
    Posted 13 years ago by Djabriil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Racists, especially some of the self-righteous hypocrite types from my country.
    I'm from the Philippines by the way... home of the most racially-"sensitive" racists this side of the planet.

edit: Oh... I thought non-game-related peeves. Oh well. I'll just leave it here.
    Posted 13 years ago by The Black Chicken Subscriber! | Permalink