Topic

** Imported yeti giveaway ** Now with WINNERS

Like many I am sad,  kind of heartbroken even. I hate being sad, it is a stupid emotion and I want it gone. So I decided to give away an "imported" yeti to the person that makes me laugh the hardest. Post a funny story, bonus points if it comes with visuals. Post a funny link, something that never fails to make you laugh, laugh hard and from the belly, basically anything... nothing is too low brow. As many PBMS/GoC/#!$% members know I love a good poop story.
You have till Saturday (some time in the European morning, or afternoon or something).
Runner ups get other rare-ish items.

small print: Completely subjective giveaway, participate at your own risk, win fabulous prizes, make a sad girl less sad.

First of all let me thank all the participants (except Kat, who only snarked ;) ) it was awesome and many laughs were had!
Second, prizes as follows:
- The yeti goes to Daniel5457 for the hilarious tour guide video, I have never played that game, but  watched the whole thing and found myself snorting at the guides' accent. Yeti is in the mail!
- Arsura gets a spigot for the super funny Steve Hughes clip. In the mail.
- Lucille Ball that guy's laughter earns you a potato (the rube kind).
- Fernstream, Amp and Minkey for their poop stories each get a doll.
finally we come to Cleops an her disturbing clip, made me laugh super hard and made me stupid happy, since you don't want the yeti, you get my love!
Thanks again

Posted 11 years ago by sudv ♪ Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Participate at your own risk

O_o
    Posted 11 years ago by Katechol Subscriber! | Permalink
  • www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX1... 

Go to 10:30
    Posted 11 years ago by daniel5457 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What is your Yeti's number?
    Posted 11 years ago by ~Scilly~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @~Scilly~ yeti #217
    @ daniel5457 that was funny
  • Lol Daniel, it's closer to 10:30 for anyone else looking :)
    Posted 11 years ago by M<3tra, obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_u...
    Posted 11 years ago by Kii Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks Metra. Edited.
    Posted 11 years ago by daniel5457 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't need the yeti and so please give it to someone else. I just had to share this vid to cheer you up a bit. If MST3K was around in it's original form today as they would have to riff Karate Dog:

youtu.be/Rfzy9XcvmVU

Jon Voight fights a dog skilled in karate and breakdancing. It just gets better as the clip progresses, but at least stick with it long enough to see the ultimate weapon. It's not whatever you think it is.

Oh, and it features Pat Morita from the Karate Kid for extra awesomeness.

Then there is this: El quicko
    Posted 11 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Broken Goat - Always makes me giggle
    youtu.be/ggP2_5kPZts

Steve Hughes
    youtu.be/in9SiDtJLaU

Eddie Izzard
    youtu.be/KJ2yRTRlMFU
    Posted 11 years ago by Arsura Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Cleops - you might've traumatized ME with that el quicko (that was really funny)

Arsura: great clips of Steve Hughes and Eddie Izzard
    Anything Izzard is hilarious!!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Hen vla Ham Subscriber! | Permalink
  • El quicko? What's that? *clicks*

*watches*

*watches*

Oh my giants *takes pen, pokes eyeballs out*
    Posted 11 years ago by Boom and Bust Subscriber! | Permalink
  • www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjj...
    Posted 11 years ago by ♥ Love you Glitch ♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • www.youtube.com/watch?v=to7...
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikT...

(also, I don't need a yeti, just sharing cute baby videos)
    Posted 11 years ago by Yeti Spaghetti Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Pissing off a frog...

Will that work? It's a video clip not a photo....   Hm.  I also don't need a yeti but this is good.
    Posted 11 years ago by oscarette Subscriber! | Permalink
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH6mJ1VwI0Q

This makes me laugh every time :) Enjoy! 
    Posted 11 years ago by Jezebel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen I'm afraid - such is the nature of el quicko
  • www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIo...

A game that some might be interested in, plus it's very funny.
    Posted 11 years ago by Goddess Freya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • el quicko!!!!!  oh my word, that had hurt my stomach from laughing :) nice one Cleops
    Posted 11 years ago by icatchm0nkeys Subscriber! | Permalink
  • www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tym...;
    Monty Python is awesome
    Posted 11 years ago by Emblemofrook Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Not participating in this but I can help you save some of your Glitch memories in an Offline version of the game
    www.glitch.com/forum/genera...
    Posted 11 years ago by Deus Marionette Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It doesn't involve poop, but it does have cats ... are cats ok?  These crack me up:
    www.tumblr.com/tagged/catst...

And an original poo story as told by our dive guide in Utila.  He was out by himself and suddenly had to do an aqua poo.  So he took off his gear and set the tanks off to the side and pulled down his wetsuit, having enough time to do so.   He looked around, and quickly found some relief.  Just as he was getting ready to tug up his suit after happily fanning the water behind him, he turned around to find another guide leading a parade of divers right by his pasty white butt.  
    Posted 11 years ago by Amp Subscriber! | Permalink
  • imgur.com/a/qZq9A
    A bunch of moments I got.
    (If anyone can mail me some links, I would love to put them in)
    Posted 11 years ago by 3jm2fg1gc Subscriber! | Permalink
  • www.youtube.com/watch?v=51T...
    I'm sad too. Hope this cheers you up a little bit!
    Posted 11 years ago by Kittn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • How about a great XKCD? :-)
    xkcd.com/1133/

Oh, wait I have a better idea. Be sure you have sound on. Very funny and contagious laugh. The fun starts at 1:20 when the comedian starts to lose it.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4Y...

Another that always makes me laugh out loud. I love the Dead Parrot sketch, and it's even funnier when Michael Palin starts laughing at John Cleese mid-sketch.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O0...
    Posted 11 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you guys for cheering me up! This morning this happened and I giggled a lot.
  • sudv, I've been looking for an excuse to post this in Glitch (somehow it reminds me of the Glitchy spirit, even though the style is very different)--thanks for the opportunity! This makes me laugh every time I watch it: Dumb Ways to Die . Thanks for the opportunity, and, I would definitely love to participate in your contest!
    Posted 11 years ago by Axa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Axa, good one! :-)
  • bump
  • Well, I have a poop story...
    I was hiking with some friends and one of their dad. We're going along on the trail, and the dad spots a pile of animal droppings. He leans down and starts talking about ways to identify poo... Goes into all the details. Texture (he picks it up and squishes it) yes, nice and soft. Size (rolls it around in his hand) and taste! (He picks up a piece, looks at it thoughtfully, and pops it into his mouth, chewing slowly, evidently savoring the taste.) Yes, this is definitely deer poo. 

On closer inspection, its a pile of chocolate covered raisins he had left there that morning. His daughter was mortified.
    Posted 11 years ago by Fernstream Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hahahahah Fernstream that's priceless!
    Posted 11 years ago by Hen vla Ham Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love this one, I could watch it a thousand times.  It is best with volume on...
    Mini Pig
    Posted 11 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have another one...
    My dad and I went back-packing every year until his stroke.  It was pretty good stuff, no bathrooms, no water taps, permit'required, limited access, just wilderness.  I always worried that I'd be taking a poo when a lion showed up, because they were there and they were not quiet, there was no doubt that I'd be eaten up while busy trying to have a private moment.  So, my dad says he'll be back, gotta go.  Fine, I wait.  Dad's story: So, right while I'm "going", I get the feeling I'm being watched...I look up and just a few feet from me is a big fat bobcat (or lynx, we don't know for sure) looking right at me.  The cat gets startled, I get startled and we both bolt.  Only problem is, I can't bolt because of my pants so I instead flail and roll down the mountain!  My story continued:  So, I look up and see my dad rolling down the mountain, with his jeans down and he is flailing his arms trying to get upright while he rolls!!  I laughed so hard, I was so glad it wasn't me.  Oh, I checked on him, but he was fine and we were both laughing.  My dad has this animal-connection thing going on, he attracts them like they were flies.  He always said, you can spot a lion because  they are so sneaky and try so hard to be stealth that they just stick out.  They try too hard and you can't miss them.  True, I found that there is something to that sneaky feeling that makes animals more visible.  But, yeah, you asked for it, dad!
  • Bad Lip Reading never fails to make me laugh :) 
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQT...
    Posted 11 years ago by ※Kiettra※ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Funny, and related to all those video links: xkcd.com/920/
    Posted 11 years ago by Klikini Subscriber! | Permalink
  • update
  • You're awesome, Sudv!  It was a fun contest and I'm coming back to read all the entries.  Thanks!
  • This was fun, sudv, thanks! I've had fun, and will have more, reading the stories this prompted. Yay you! (Thanks for the doll, too!)
    Posted 11 years ago by Fernstream Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks so much for the prize Sudv! This was great fun and I enjoyed all the other entries. I may have been scarred for life by Cleops' hilarious Rube. :-D
  • Sudv - I only hope I made you laugh and have nightmares with stripper Rube.

There is only one situation I thought I could put the Rube in that would be even worse 'cause clearly we haven't heard it enough this year: www.jibjab.com/view/Az0T7H6...
  • LOL, Cleops! =)
    Posted 11 years ago by ~Scilly~ Subscriber! | Permalink