Topic

Staff Topic

How to Test the New Houses

OK! Now you can test some parts of the new housing system. We're concentrating here on furniture and decoration (later releases will add the ability to craft new furniture, expand houses, cultivate land and use imagination to grow your yard and home street).

To try it out, get in the game type "/home" in local chat (it is deliberately hard to do right now so that people don't get confused and think this is *the* permanent switchover — this house is just for your testing and customizations will eventually be reset). When you're at home, there will be a new button which takes you back to the regular game world.

Once you go inside, you'll see the new furniture tab by your inventory and a "decorate" button at the top-right of the game. Go crazy. Upgrading furniture is all free right now (in the future, some upgrades will be subscriber-only and some will cost credits).

You can't get any more furniture for now and you also can't give, trade or sell furniture until the next release (or maybe the one after that). However, you can bring your stuff over to the new house and not worry about it getting lost when we reset (we'll keep it all safe) — it is just the furniture customizations that you'll lose.

To move furniture around and place items on furniture, you need to be in "decoration mode", which will hide your avatar and allow you to use the arrow keys to pan around your house.

You'll be switched to decoration mode automatically when you drag something out of your furniture bag, but you can also hit the "decorate" button in the top right of the game window.

To change wallpaper, ceilings and floors, hit the "swatches" button which appears in the top bar when you're in decoration mode. You can stamp the patterns on or drag them into place. For wallpapers you can either to a single segment or the whole wall at once.

Finally, though the land outside your house is fixed for now (you can't expand it or add/remove resources yet) you do have a customizable signpost outside: you can use that to add up to five signs pointing to the home streets of people from your friends list.

Any questions? Thoughts? ;)

See also:  Blog post  •  Video Demo

Note: If you don't see any furniture (or just your trophies) inside your furniture bag when you enter your house, type "/home" again.

Note 2: You can type "/home" from wherever you are in the world, including other people's houses.

Note 3: We will give plenty of notice before the real switchover to the new housing system and, if you own a regular in-world house at that time, all of the items inside it will be moved over automatically. You don't have to move everything yourself.

Note 4: Many questions and answers have been summarized in this (unofficial!) FAQ

Posted 12 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
  • I FREAKING LOVE THE OCTOPUS CHANDELIER.

If I could, I'd have one in real life.
    http://inventorspot.com/articles/can_you_ever_have_enough_octopus_chandeliers_10_to_start_you_off_15797
    Posted 12 years ago by Mixterrific Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @bees. 

Current system:
    1. I TP to Ancestral Lands. 
    2. I TP home.
    3. I walk down the street and exit to Broxhurst Green

New System:
    1. I TP to Ancestral Lands
    2. I TP home
    3. I TP to Ancestral Lands
    3a. If my cooldown is still going, the server TP's me to Andra, Kajuu, Tamila, Besara
    else then,
    4. I TP to Broxhurst Green

Am I missing something?  If so, please excuse my denseness.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sooriyan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Asthner:

2) Room dividers were already mentioned in previous posts.
    3) This may possibly happen depending on the resources and time needed to draw new object orientations (also mentioned in the previous posts).
    4) Rubies and other gems used to only have a max stack size of 1 so that's why they didn't merge but now gems stack which makes it convenient and space-saving inventory-wise. If you still want separate gems, you just need more gems to make max stacks appear separate.
    Posted 12 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Running Man: you don't TP home. it does not cost a teleport, there's no cooldown. only #4 is a teleport
    Posted 12 years ago by Bees! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Bees.  I'll let it rest.  My point, as I said in my first post, was that I didn't like the mechanics.  That's still my point.

Thanks for your time.
  • I love the new housing system, but I agree with BeachBum, that we should have a alternative way of decorating other than getting "free" furniture designs and buying them with RL money. Maybe currants? Or maybe diamonds? Just a suggestion.

BUT, other than that, the new housing system is great!
    Thank you! Tiny Speck
    Posted 12 years ago by feifei Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So basically if we love where we live now and want to keep it, we can set our third TP point (currently: home) to the street our housing quarters are on.  Instead of TPing home, then walking out onto our beloved street, we can [switch to] home, then TP out to that block.  Same # of steps, same energy spent, and we do have a one-click path to that chosen anchor location.    
    Posted 12 years ago by oscarette Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Double post (bad lag), sorry.
    Posted 12 years ago by KhaKhonsu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just to clarify my thoughts on cost.  I don't mind if items that are purely decorative have limited free options and then real cash options.  The way costumes are right now is fine with me, and it's fine if that's how house decorations work.  What worries me is that items that matter in the game:  crop patches, tree patches, firefly swarms, mining rocks, might suddenly cost real world money.  If new functional furniture, like kitchen stoves or storage cabinets are created, they could also affect gameplay.  Right now, to get a different number or type of game resources, you buy a different house type or size with currants.  I hope that anything that is a game resource upgrade in this system remains in game currantcy.
    Posted 12 years ago by KhaKhonsu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Running Man, you can teleport to Broxhurst Green from AL in the first place. If you want to stop home, do so once you're in Broxhurst, so that there's no chance of being kicked by Overwhelming Nostalgia.

Same number of steps. I can't imagine what's so incredible about that one particular street - or any one particular street - that you'd ignore the serious benefit of having all of your property available, for free, at any time - except when you're in Hell.

What do you do in the AL? Get huge amounts of diamonds that you then stockpile in your home? Why do you need to go home first?
    Posted 12 years ago by Stuv Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Stoot has clarified that credits will not be needed to expand our houses.  [I think the same goes for anything that gives a gameplay advantage, as has been their stated policy all along: if functional items are added, you might pay credits to make them look more stylish, but not to have them in the first place.]  

www.glitch.com/forum/genera...  
    Posted 12 years ago by oscarette Subscriber! | Permalink
  • how many days until the update....everybody says "soon" could we have more detail?
    Posted 12 years ago by Pickle Bob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Stuv.  I don't get it, are you trying to tell me I'm not playing the way you think I should play?  Whether I go home first or not is not your concern.

I made a simple post that I don't like the mechanics, and I explained why.   Sorry if logic upsets you.

My example is just one scenario.  I could come up with others.
  • @Running Man, now you can do it like this...

1. TP to Ancestral Lands.
    2. TP to Broxhurst Green.
    3. Enter your home street.
    4. Enter your home.
    5. Exit directly to Broxhurst Green.

Seems like two steps more, but actually the number of transitions is one less. Cause there's no such thing as a "TP home" - you land by your door and have to enter manually, do your stuff, then exit manually, then march down the street to the signpost... So actually in the new system you teleport the same number of times and have one less transition screen. What't not to like about that?
    Posted 12 years ago by Asthner Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow What absolute fun and excitement to CREATE  something based on MY tastes.............
     TY TY TY.
    Suggestion in the two extreme corners it is very hard to place anything as it will not stay in the corner but rather toward the centre and down some.................... makes it hard to have "end tables" or lamps when they get so far away from the corner.
    Also (perhaps this also has been suggested sorry so much to read)- the wallpaper panels are so wide perhaps we could  use 1/2 or 1/4 of the panel when desired  and even have separating lines of a different colour/pattern to delineate and edge each "room".

I am enjoying this experience immensely and I am dying to see the rest................ 
    you have worked hard and we see the labour of YOUR love of Glitch now we must add our flavour to complete it.
    Merci  Thank you
    Posted 12 years ago by Pekeaholic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Me again 
    I just read some of the forum  opinions and they are most interesting.  All my friends have the same "house" - a  "creekstone"  round rock  cottage, with an  upper dormer on one side,
    and a chimney on the other side all skirted in a plank type wood.  I hear some speak of water type houses with a request for mermaids............. are they different types of houses?  TY
    Merci
    Posted 12 years ago by Pekeaholic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • First, this is awesome. I eagerly await Goth-Ix Revival architecture or the Lemdwardian accent furniture...

The Bog landscape rendered on black velvet is fantastic.

For the houses, it would be nice to be able to save looks the way we save outfits at some point.
    Posted 12 years ago by MrVolare Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah to what has been said about the functional things not costing credits but currants.. I hope that that functionality and availability will extend to things like, number of slots per cabinent and number of floors per house.

I am so very excited to be able to add floors to our houses too btw.

Will there be elevators? I don't think that's been asked.  How will we get from 1 floor to another??  Please God don't say spinach.  >_<

--
    Edit - now I'm off to go see what else is in there that I've missed.. going to see if we have any Uralia / Ixian style housing options (yet)... :x
    Posted 12 years ago by ♪♥~ Auren ~♥♪ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Pekeaholic - Yes there will be other styles of houses and customization for the exterior appearance on your home street.
  • TomC thanks for clarifying that.  That will be awesome.  <3
  • Just trying to help -- moving to and from /home does not incur a teleport (map or otherwise) - so there should be no increase in teleports used. You should only need 1 tp into AL and one out -- and if anything you benefit since the out does not have to be near any particular place just so you can stash drops in your house. Your out could go to Cebarkul, Ix, Darnfree Air, Jacob's Ladder -- and popping home is free and fast from all of those spots.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sturminator i` Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Current system: 1. I TP to Ancestral Lands.  2. I TP home.3. I walk down the street and exit to Broxhurst GreenNew System:1. I TP to Ancestral Lands2. I TP home3. I TP to Ancestral Lands3a. If my cooldown is still going, the server TP's me to Andra, Kajuu, Tamila, Besaraelse then,4. I TP to Broxhurst GreenAm I missing something?  If so, please excuse my denseness.

It sounds to me like you're Doing It Wrong.  Try this...

New System:
    1. I TP to Ancestral Lands
    2. I type /home to go home
    3. I type /leave and return to the Ancestral Lands
    4. I TP to Broxhurst Green

That's 2 TPs, not 4 TPs as in your model.  Do not teleport home, do not teleport away from home. 
    Posted 12 years ago by WalruZ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ARRRRGH!  The term TP was loosely used to mean "move to"  They are still "transitions" whether you spend a TP or not.  I didn't complain about costs, I complained about the mechanics...

Not to mention that you all ignore the fact that if you do want to go /home from the AL, then you are forced to make a return trip when you "return to world"  Think about that for a second - is that how you want it to work?

Why you all would defend it, rather than support adding the Map to our houses/streets is beyond me.

Move on, please.  I've dropped the subject.
  • @Auren: watching the end of this video will answer your question about elevators: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSOfOeJpSb8
    Posted 12 years ago by Shepherdmoon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • sorry, duplicate post
    Posted 12 years ago by Shepherdmoon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Any plans to add resource/animal counts to the new house loading screen?
    Posted 12 years ago by Lx’s Ghost Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Shepherdmoon - videos don't work / run properly on the computer I'm using.. can you just.. like.. summarize it for me please? :>
  • Auren: The video shows multi-floor housing using the same door system as in current 50k/30k mansions.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lx’s Ghost Subscriber! | Permalink
  • oh cool, thanks Lx. <3
    I was wondering how that would work,... and... can we customise *those* doors?  *^__^*

I'd love to have.. octopus or squid shaped doors!  With gigantic cute eyes and polka dots. <3
  • Small bug (or perhaps intended but *seems* like a bug) --> Items dropped onto a chair fall on the floor instead.  This happened at the edge of my table too but not on the sofa or side/end tables... Just wanted to let you know.. I was trying to put strawberries and flowers in my chair but it didn't work.  It's the seashell pink chair in case you need to know that.

Edit - another small bug found--> I have a wall shelf with an Icon placed on it, in front of a pufferfish wall lamp, but when I exited and then re-entered my home I found that the pufferfish lamp was displaying in front of the Icon, when the Icon should have been in front of it...  ~O.o~  Other items display in their proper areas (that I've found).  I'm going to try re-arranging it on the wall and see if that fixes things.  =)

I hope these little reports help you guys (devs / artists)... 
  • Love decorating the new houses.  Thanks for the update coming a smidge earlier than planned!  I think in reading through this thread, most everyone has covered just about everything under the sun...

Did want to say that I love that our trophies are no longer tied to that shelf...that we can display as many as we like now...that's a super neat feature that doesn't seem to have been talked about nearly enough yet. Also like that many of the items now lock down in the house...here's hoping all those bugs get worked out with that feature. 

Looking forward to all that the future holds. Looks like it will be fun again...especially being able to decorate and expand housing.
    Posted 12 years ago by ~Enigma~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A oddness I've been seeing, and hasn't cleared up yet...

When I first go /home, my background flickers. 

The foreground (house, animals, ground, etc) is ok.  It's the backdrop of the trees/sky/etc that seems to blink out for a quarter of a second.  When I use the signpost to go to other places, I don't have that problem, but then it's a different part of the street, the house is not in view.

When I go into the house, it's ok, no flicker.  When I go back out on the street from the house, the background blinks again.

It doesn't affect anything, it's just odd.

Edit -- glad to know it's not just me.  I'm on Mac OS 10.7, with FF10, whatever is the latest flash
    Posted 12 years ago by Tibbi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ohh yeah what Unique has said too, I LOVE that we can put our trophies all over the place too and we're not limited by a number.

I really hope at some point we can display our badges this way too. <3  Though it might get a little crazy coding that with people like me who have a TON of badges >_>

Edit~ Tibbi I have that too! :o  I thought it was just my computer being stupid.  >_<
  • I imagine that the flickering is an incoming Thunderstorm in the distance...
    Posted 12 years ago by BCWillie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • oooh perhaps the Giants will imagine us up some Weather!  *^_^*
  • I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered, but this is a loooong thread.

When you say that our stuff will be OK, does that include all the stuff on the floor and our piggies?  I need to move those guys if not, we're kind of tight.
    Posted 12 years ago by Ida Keen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think I've read:

Items on the floor (in bags or not) will be ok.
    Maybe not animals
    Tree, crops or herbs planted at the moment of reset, not.

Happy to be corrected. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Tibbi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Tibbi, yes that sounds right.
  • I am in heaven with the new housing - absolutely love it and all the options so far. And knowing this is just the start is even more exciting.
    I do have a question regarding the scale of the furniture. Some things like most of the shelves seem really oversized compared to the rest of the furniture. I do think it would be fun to have options for the scale of the furnishings - like we saw in the playroom with the blocks, but currently some of the scaling seems a bit random and unpredictable. Is this intentional?
    That said, I am really excited about the mechanics so far. I have a very limited number of keys out so the signpost is quite adequate for my purposes.
    I will be very excited to see the new customizing options when they come along.
    The ability to save design schemes, similar to our current ability to save complete outfits would be fun for those of us who like to change things up regularly as well :)
    Thanks for all the great work you are all doing!
    Posted 12 years ago by Fogwoman Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh yeah the sizing of things is a little funny.. like when you drop a firefly jar in the new housing.. omigosh it's as big as my Glitch avvy??  ~O.O~  lol.. if it was like this in the old housing it at least wasn't as obvious because hey.. no furniture.. but in the new housing it really sticks out like a sore thumb.  When a *jar* .. full of tiny glowing fireflies.. is like half the size of your entire SOFA.. you have a problem hahaha XD
  • ♪♥~ Auren ~♥♪: yeah! we're working on making all the sizes make more sense :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Bees! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks Bees!!
    *^_^*
  • idea:
    secret doors. ability to set certain furniture like pictures and decorations as a portal to other floors.

benefit: pure awesomeness + can have acquaintances over without the fear of them making off with all your valuables + fun
    Posted 12 years ago by Fur Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Looks pretty neat... but that´s it? I mean, don´t wanna be rude but if this is all what´s going to be on the upgrade to the housing system, just a cosmetic adjustement, I sincerely don´t want it or simply don´t care.

Lamps? Tables? Chairs? Wallpaper?... really? wallpaper?

I sincerely don´t care about that stuff, I want full customization of the PROPERTIES of the house: Storage capacity, plots for farming and gardening, grow jellisac, barnacles, firefly, etc, etc, etc... 

You know what? just call me when that´s up, I will let the girly crowd manage this step of the upgrade, meanwhile I´m going to bend some iron bars with my mustache over there while the bacon fries.
    Posted 12 years ago by Mikah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *le sigh* Mikah :) Please do your research fiiiiirst! This is a small test of a small part of the housing update. They simply want to find the bugs in this ONE SMALL PART of the housing update. 

Expansions, plot summoning, patch creation, etc. is all coming in future releases. So don't worry, be happy ;)
    Posted 12 years ago by Liza Throttlebottom Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Liking the new design and such but have one complaint: several items will not sit on the tables correctly (ex: cutting board either floats above table or lands on ground)
    Posted 12 years ago by romcombo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The door on the "Entering your house" screen is not physically possible. The hinges are totally in the wrong place.

Nitpickers 'r' us.
    Posted 12 years ago by Pascale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can't position a set of three or four stools properly around the round table. In general, much of the furniture seems unwilling to recede or come forward in ways I'd prefer.
    Posted 12 years ago by Pascale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I took a good look around, but I didn't see if this was asked already, so please forgive me if it's a repeat, but... will we be able to select what music track plays in our homes? Or would it be related to the style of our home? Or stay the same regardless? Thanks!

Edit: 700th reply! Woo!
    Posted 12 years ago by Drakani Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Table of Contents:
    Basics
    Transferring from Old to New
    Decorating
    Upcoming Features
    Known Bugs

Basics:

"How do I get to my house?"
    Type /home or /house in local chat. If one doesn't work, try the other.

"How do I get out/I was visiting friends and someone doesn't have any places on their signpost! Am I stuck?"
    There is a button on the bottom right hand of the screen that says 'Back to World.' This will get you out of your imagination right as rain! You can also teleport out.

"What can I do in my new house?"
    Everything you can do in your old house, pretty much! Have people over, plant crops, have animals, etc! There are also, obviously, spiffy new features as well!

"What about on my street outside? Can I have animals? And use animal sticks?"
    Yep! However, since your street is basically public, people could pig-nap your piggies.

---

Regarding the transfer between old and new houses:

"When will the changes officially go live?"
    Soon.

"When will the next update happen?"
    When there is more stuff to test.

"Do I have to move all of my items, or risk losing them?"
    Nope, all your items will automatically transfer when the housing goes live. They will probably show up in boxes for you to unpack.

"What if I DO move my items?"
    They will still be there when the transfer goes live.

"What about my animals, and my gardens?"
    per stoot: 'I don't know what we decided about animals, but when we reset you will lose trees and anything planted in your new house's gardens.' Other staff have said "maybe" to animals being transferred.

"What should I do with my old house?"
    At the moment, nothing. You will receive some sort of credit for the house you currently own when the changes take place.

"What about all my customizations?"
    Nope, sorry, those will be lost with the reset, as well. There may be a future feature that allows you to "save" a house layout, but for the purpose of the testing stage, it's not really worth it, since the furniture is only a fraction of what will be available.

"My trophies aren't showing up to be placed in my new house!"
    Make sure you take them off display in your old house.

"But, I love my old house! I want round walls/balconies/Japanese paintings!"
    Many of the features in the current houses will eventually be available for the new houses.

"Will any residential blocks remain? What about the model homes?"
    The residential blocks will all go away. However, some of the model homes will stay. per Bees!: 'Some buildings will still exist and be explorable, but most will be gone. No block streets either.'

---

Regarding privacy and signposts:

"Can people just walk into my street/house and take things? Can they poison my trees? Pee on my couches?"
    Short answer: street, yes. House, no. Think of your street as a public place that you just happen to have some control over (people who you have blocked should be unable to visit your street, though). Whatever happens there is fair game, so treat it the way you would any other public place in Ur. Your house privacy is the same as ever, only keyholders and people you allow in can get in.* Please note that all items placed in Decoration mode, whether from Furniture or Inventory, cannot be picked up by any players except yourself.

* There is a known issue regarding kicking people off your street and having them accidentally end up in your house. This is being worked on.

"I want more than five people on my signpost! Will you ever allow more?"
    Unlikely to happen. per Bees!: 'pick wisely! (or change often)'

"Can I remove friends from my signpost?"
    Yes, just hover over their plank in edit mode, and hit the X in the upper right hand corner.

"How can I visit someone who isn't on my signpost?"
    Currently the signpost is the only way (although you could see if a mutual friend has them on theirs!), but in the future you will be able to teleport from their profile. In the meantime, you can also edit your signpost as often as you'd like!

"How can I tell how many people have me on their signpost, and who they are?"
    At this time, you can't.

---

Regarding Decorating

"Can I customize the outside of my house?"
    Not right now, but you will be able to.

"Will it change depending on where in Ur I entered from?"
    Nope.

"Everything costs so many credits! I don't want to spend real money."
    You won't have to. With the full release, there will be plenty of upgrades available for free, or (possibly) for currants).

"Can I preview the upgrade before I buy it?"
    per Bees!: 'you can preview any item of furniture without paying anything - click on it and it changes in-place (you can drag the choosing window aside to see)' However, you cannot preview an entire room of decorations before buying.

"I don't want all my items placed up against the wall!"
    So don't place all your items up against the wall! By dragging "forwards," you can place furniture and items into one of 3 z-axis "tracks."

"How can I get into my attic?"
    You can place items in your attic by going into Decoration mode and hitting the Up key. It is possible to get your actual glitch into your attic by using spinach and jumping from the backyard. This is a bug, not a feature, though, so don't expect it to work perfectly every time. :P

"Will we have to buy the upgrade we want for every chair? Or can we just buy (for instance) the crab chair upgrade once, and use it on all our chairs from then on without paying again?"
    per stoot: 'each piece is upgraded separately (so, you can't buy it once and use it on all similar items)' However, wallpapers, ceilings, and floors behave this way.

"What if I made a chair the crab chair, but then made it the seashell? Can I go back to the crab."
    No, so please don't upgrade any furniture more than once. You should create a different piece for a different upgrade. per Bees!: 'we should warn about this.'

"My energy and mood drain while I'm decorating! I almost died!"
    This is not intentional. Your energy and mood will remain static in Decoration mode with the full release.

"I can't change my ceiling and floor!"
    Are you sure you are actually 'buying' the item before you exit decoration? You have to hit "buy for X credits" or "get it for free" in order for it to stick.

"Can I change the direction my furniture faces?"
    Yep! Click on it and choose the "flip" option.

"I can't put down my icons!"
    While in play mode, use the "place" option on the icon itself. As of now, you cannot place them in Decoration mode.

"Will we eventually be able to have more then two trees on our house street?"
    per Bees!: 'soooo many trees (whatever combo of trees, gardens, rocks, jellisacs, etc that you want)' This also includes firebog stuff.

---

Regarding New Features:

Features that are likely (or for sure) to happen in future releases:
    - Cabinets and other storage like closets (possibly 3 to 4 kinds)
    - Customizable doors
    - Windows (and curtains!)
    - Garden furniture
    - Customizable settings (including firebogs and Andra-style - possibly even Naraka-style!)
    - General expansionability
    - Decoration badges
    - Your own mailbox
    - The ability to name your street
    - The ability to use your own in-game Snapshots as art
    - General UI overhaul
    - Ability to "drag" to pan the screen while in Decoration mode
    - Wall 'dividers' to 'separate' rooms
    - Furniture sorted by type
    - A "place where people can leave things for you to find"/gifting area
    - On/Offable lamps (and other interactive furniture)
    - Some form of music choice

Features that might happen: (No guarantee!)
    - The ability to sit down
    - An "undo" button while decorating
    - Flippable icons
    - The ability to hang pictures over doors (possible, not planned)
    - The ability to sell/trade upgraded furniture
    - Tooltips for items
    - The ability to revert upgraded furniture to its original state
    - An air vent, such as in Krystal Kaos
    - Animal Crossing-style textures for walls and floors (ie, drawn pixel by pixel)
    - Bouncy beds!

Features that probably won't happen:
    - Resizable furniture.
    - The ability to arrange furniture with a "shopping cart" and then just make a full purchase at the end (similar to the wardrobe)
    - Putting outside streets on your signpost
    - The ability to use your own real-life snapshots as art
    - The ability to change the height of the ceiling
    - Using the arrow keys to place items more accurately
    - Floor and ceiling colours in sections

---

Regarding Bugs:

Before reporting any bugs in this thread or as a bug report, try typing /leave and /home again, or try refreshing your window, or try using a different browser. It would also be best if you ctrl+f'd your way through the thread, as there are many known issues. Here are a few of the more common ones:

- Street background flickering once upon entering.
    - Icons, and some other items, having a weird footprint (floating above tables, etc)
    - Wonky wallpaper near front door
    - General Furniture vs Inventory issues
    - Invisible furniture
    - Duplicated music blocks
    - Dragging items to inventory bringing you into Decoration mode
    - Some issues with items placed in Decoration mode being pick-uppable.

Finally done! Please let me know if I missed anything, or if I misunderstood anything. Hopefully this helps people who don't want to sift through all 14(!!!) pages of the thread. Thank you, Bees! for your attention and awesomeness!
    Posted 12 years ago by Abby Cadabra Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19