Topic

Bank: I keep between 550k to 450k Is this to low?

I like to keep a bank of 550k to 450k currants. Is this to low?

Posted 12 years ago by WhereIsTheCandy Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2
  • I imagine that that is a very impressive balance :) 

Only those players that obsess over rare items would scoff at such an amount. Glitchmas yetis go for millions upon millions of currants etc. 

But for regular items :)? Oh yeah. More than you could realistically need to spend. That's 11 modern homes you could purchase ;)
    Posted 12 years ago by Liza Throttlebottom Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can barley stay above 5,000.
    Posted 12 years ago by AwesomeCardinal2000 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Haha, me too Cardinal. I'm a spender. I got up to 90k once... it was gone in two weeks. Then a couple days ago,I had 55. 550k to 450k? A fortune.
    Posted 12 years ago by Fernstream Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I try to hover around the 500k mark too. I don't really know why though!
    Posted 12 years ago by geekybird Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Like cardinal, I rarely have currants on hand.  Plenty of goods stockpiled usually, but I can't be bothered to sell things for currants unless I actually need to buy stuff.
    Posted 12 years ago by Granny Weatherwax Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I always keep between 30k-60k on hand. Right now I have 44k. Just enough for my "needs"
    Posted 12 years ago by I'm Chris Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Currants can't fulfill my "needs".  If you have needs to fill, come visit me at "Urotic", the world's only Glitch-themed Gentleman's Club!
    Posted 12 years ago by Sloppy Ketchup Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah, I don't spend much either. I've been hovering around 200k-300k for a while now. :P
    Posted 12 years ago by Sweet Stuff Ng Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I need tips to save money and get more money.
  • Very Well! You don't want to see how I manage currants. When I get up to 500k... I then say I can't go under 500k. But then in a day or two it goes down to 10k. Then I got back up by selling cubimals.. then down.. then up. It's a roller coaster!
    Posted 12 years ago by Ameh.Loves.Fudge Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *Cough cough 30k cough*
    Posted 12 years ago by OMG BACON!! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It's a baby coaster for me. I just stay around the same amount of currants all the time.
  • I try to keep between 100k but damn, if it gets higher I'm tempted to spend it all on cubi boxes. just like yesterday. I had 150k, spent 50k and just got commons ¬¬ ugh! I'm so unlucky. I wish there was a bank so I could save up there and would not want to take my money back for anything cause it would have fees and stuff. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Lila Clemenceau Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Trying to get to a million! I'm almost there too. Dunno what I'll do with it all when I get there XD
    Posted 12 years ago by Aurora Dellaterra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have a cubimal addiction, I can't keep more than 3,000. 
    I only have two more cubimals to collect then I'll start saving. 
    (I'm collecting them all the old fashioned way, no buying from others).
    Posted 12 years ago by Papa Legba Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Over the one million cubimal mark and rising ^_^.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sir Lagsalot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I keep about 150K.  Not sure how or why I settled on that number.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have over 3 million currants now but once I was over 200k I had more than I knew what to do with. 
    Posted 12 years ago by rach.the.emobear Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I try to stay over 100k, but any time I hit 150k I go shoppin' for cubimals...

Edit: My old house is off Marylpole Mount, which has a Toy Vendor. So much temptation!
    Posted 12 years ago by Spaghetti Thompson Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Prior to level 20, I tried to get up to keeping around 100K.  Now that I'm approaching level 30, it's more like I try to keep 200K banked.  Just seems easier to make/gather more currants the higher you go...but I will say, that I've not gotten a cubimal addiction yet...was saving up for all the major changes, and if it looks like I don't need currants for much, I'm heading to the toy store.. ;)
    Posted 12 years ago by b3achy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I get up to about 600k, and then lapse back into my cubimal obsession. Then I will hover around 1 - 10k. After deciding enough is enough, I slowly build back my currant stash thinking, you can do it Havok, this time its going to be different! Who needs hundreds of cubimals anyway! Then I pass a toy vendor, and to my delight, I DON'T SUCCUMB! Weeks pass, my currant stash steadily increasing... but then, a creeping urge hits. Maybe just one. Maybe it will be another rook, and I can profit. 

Just. One.  

One becomes five. Five becomes twenty. Twenty becomes forty. I stray when my bags are finally full. Currants depleted, and I realize once again that I do not need these cubimals! I am better than this! I can do this! No more cubimals! Only currants!

And then the currants rise, if only to fall once again.
    Posted 12 years ago by HAVOK PEW SUMMERS Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Say, if anyone here wants to write a few tips as to how they make so many currants (and send it to me at hburger.glitch@gmail.com), I'd really appreciate it! (I can work on a Glitch Strategy Guide to Getting Rich based on information from people who know the subject best :D).
    Posted 12 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just made 1 million.  I want to keep as many currants as i can (and level up as far as I can) for when everything gets changed to Imagination points. 

I make a Juju run each day for the super quoins and I nibble piggies with gurly drinks (for the buff so you don't lose energy while nibbling) and then sell the meat .
    Posted 12 years ago by Marla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Silly peasants.
    Posted 12 years ago by Volkov Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Psh, the cool glitches keep the balance low.  Me? I have 3 currants, and I'm proud of it!
    Posted 12 years ago by Magic Monkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can't imagine needing more than 200K in balance...until I start to hear about you millionaires, and then I start to panic that I don't have enough for upcoming changes...
    Posted 12 years ago by ~Pink Flamingo~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm with Beace Bum on this one

"I can't imagine needing more than 200K in balance...until I start to hear about you millionaires, and then I start to panic that I don't have enough for upcoming changes..."

Time for me to start earning!
    Posted 12 years ago by I'm Chris Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If I can get back to the one and a half million before the change I will be happy with that...I'm almost there but at moment not earning as I should due to other ( in-game ) commitments.. But I'm confident I will easily have that amount and then try and stay around there for the change over.   
    Posted 12 years ago by Cryztal Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 1.2m; going for 2.0m; dunno why.
    but it's fun.
    Posted 12 years ago by CrashTestPilot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • .| is a peasant.
    V
  • I am going to work for at least 1 mil. Till then, 58k
    Posted 12 years ago by GiaTori Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Then I pass a toy vendor, and to my delight, I DON'T SUCCUMB! Weeks pass, my currant stash steadily increasing... but then, a creeping urge hits. Maybe just one. Maybe it will be another rook, and I can profit. 

This is exactly what happens to me! 

I did make it to 1 million, then I decided to go ahead and buy a GNG (and a doll - oops!). Now I'm back up to 800k, but it's getting harder and harder to avoid the call of the toy vendor. :/
    Posted 12 years ago by Mysterious Hermit Subscriber! | Permalink
  • yeah me to. I had 250k and i spent it all on cubimals. Didnt get a rook but I got a nice magic rock
    Posted 12 years ago by Ultra-Dynamic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That toy vendor is going to be so rolling in currants after the change over because a lot of people are probably going to go on a cubimal spree with whatever is left over.
    Posted 12 years ago by BlackWolf Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I keep 45,000 to 65,000. I thought THAT was high until I saw yours.
    Posted 12 years ago by Klikini Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Hburger, I'm afraid I'll send parts of it once they get rid of vendors.
    Posted 12 years ago by Rook Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Hburger - sent you my tips!
    Posted 12 years ago by Aurora Dellaterra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I totter between 150k and 210k, usually around 170k. You're rich!
    Posted 12 years ago by Lady Cailia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The only time I had more than 10K was before I bought my first old-style house. Now, I rarely have it.

Heck, I have no idea how to get that much. I went on a gathering spree, sold my old house AND almost every non-tool item I had just to get 20K for 2 sets of easter eggs. What are you guys doing?
    Posted 12 years ago by EzBreezy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I save every currant I can but since the reset I've only saved up 545,000 currants. I have earned as much as 4000 currants in a game day and I've never purchased a cubimal. I also sell everything, never donate it. When I see things like a dusty stick selling for 11million currants I think I must be playing wrong.
    Posted 12 years ago by Octo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Playing wrong?! There's no such thing!  You can't play wrong in this game!
    Posted 12 years ago by Magic Monkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Over a million--not sure why. Wood planks started my bankroll--now I'm hoarding most of those for re-set. Now my income comes from butterfly milk, meat, planks, bling and music boxes (the primary reason I garden and squeeze chickens). I also sell some awesome stew. I sell everything to the Tool vendor on Level 4 East because I've found that usually the auction fees take away any profit you would otherwise make selling in auction (with some notable exceptions like herb-related goods).
    Posted 12 years ago by Booknerd Subscriber! | Permalink
  • On average I have about 350k, but yesterday I bought a doll for cheap, might sell it for profit though.. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by RJStormRider Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @havok, i'm with you in this one - but i never got past 150k before the curse hit.
    i was thinking about this yesterday actually: how much do you guys think cubimals are like a primary structtral element of the game? would glitch even work without them? why would people do things? how would we get rid of all the money we (kind of) make (considering the in-game economy is a bit unfinished)? 
    for me they were perhaps the main drive behind mid-to-high-level playing... that time when you max out some of the skills and money seems to just start trickling in sort of unannounced.
    Posted 12 years ago by awdrone Subscriber! | Permalink
  • well the main drive besides all the cool, fascinating glitchen 
    Posted 12 years ago by awdrone Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I usually average around a number. It was 50k, then after selling emblems (big money boost), it was 70k, then 120k, then 200k, now 700k. Basically, average around a number. Don't go too stray. Then after a big money boost (selling a large amount of things is the best way to really keep your money up without wasting it), I average around a new number.
    Posted 12 years ago by Palindrome Subscriber! | Permalink
  • $20-30K And I almost won the game last time i logged out!
    Posted 12 years ago by OL. Der Dan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ah, you are carrying a reasonable bunch.  Most people are now carrying around a lot of money.  Well, my type of "a lot" of money kind of has a low standard.  I just carry around 200K and am content with that lol.  You have a pretty good supply of money!  Just keep it that way and don't splurge until the update is passed.
    Posted 12 years ago by FTW BACON!! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well, I never spend currants on anything, and I sell a lot of the things that I gather.  I've got over 6k meats stockpiled, why save more?  Therefore my bankroll is slightly in excess of 2.1 million currants.  I have no idea what to do with it.  I've gotten the cubimal trophy and frankly the dolls look scary to me; so nothing to spend them on.  I guess I'll just keep saving until such time as I need to start making furniture for my home.  ^__^
    Posted 12 years ago by ElleKitty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I keep a very steady balance of 2.6 million xP If I ever edge close to 2.7 I start buying things off auction that I feel low on.
    Posted 12 years ago by Liza Throttlebottom Subscriber! | Permalink
Previous 1 2