Topic

The Glitch above you looks like...

Let's play a game!

Check the profile of the poster above you. Try to ignore the home street scenery, and look at the avatar's appearance (wardrobe & vanity). Which region of Ur would you associate them with? The Firebogs? Uralia? The desert of ancestral nostalgia? If Glitchen had nationalities, where would they belong?

Post the answer and the next poster will tell where your avatar comes from.

Posted 12 years ago by Kii Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Minkey looks so cute with that striped shirt! She reminds me of the gondoliers in Venice so I say her place is on any of the streets on the left side of Firozi by the water. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Tabbykittie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • based on the headband of death alone, I'd put her in Naraka. 

TRISOR SEES ALL.
    Posted 11 years ago by Liathea Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Very Dapper/Flapper era! And the eyes and the give dark, very mysterious look. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Misty Power Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Misty looks like a well dressed robot werewolf! :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Soupie♨ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Soupie looks classy!!

That's all I can really say.
    Posted 11 years ago by Sororia Rose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sororia Rose looks like royalty from the Ancestral Lands
    Posted 11 years ago by Sanami Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Summer Day or Oppidan Ave for Sanami ^_^
    Posted 11 years ago by Silvermoon.Trance Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Silvermoon.Trance...
    Probably Brillah with the black hair, white dress. If it wasn't sleeveless, I'd say Drifa.
    Posted 11 years ago by TanithLow Subscriber! | Permalink
  • TanithLow 
    I'd say Alakol.. 
    Posted 11 years ago by MadKate Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hmm. MadKate looks like an Uralian. With the red and brown, she could fit in easily with the logs and mushrooms. And those sandals aren't suited for cold snow or muddy forest ground.
    Posted 11 years ago by SeerQueen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm gonna go with Groddle Meadow. Although I must admit there is a lot of priming green on
    SeerQueen profile.
    Posted 11 years ago by IZA_C Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You look like you're from Samudra!
    Posted 11 years ago by Reirei Umezaki Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Probably one of those abandoned towers... only nobody told Reirei Umezaki that!
    Let's say Sabudana Drama towers, only she probably goes through them all.
    It's the overcoat.
  • Definitely ancestrals!
    Posted 11 years ago by OMG BACON!! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Probably Uralia.
    Posted 11 years ago by Keeda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Keeda is from Ilmenskie Caverns, relatively close to the surface. She never really gets near the Deeps, and prefers to peek out of the Caves every once in a while and roll in the crisp blue grass of Uralia.

Edit: Aposiopesis, that was, by far, the most beautiful and educational post I have ever read. I applaud you.
    Posted 11 years ago by SaSa Jack Subscriber! | Permalink
  • SaSa Jack's yellowgreen skin might seem at first to be borne from the parched grasses of Xalanga and the Ancestral Lands, but the deep cerulean hair suggests many hours deep in the blueness of Jal and Samudra.  The eye buttons work surprisingly well as goggles.  The white robe sops up the drips.  And the nosebone blocks both seawater and tiny unruly Salmen from wriggling up into uncomfortable places.*  "Sinus" is the Latin word for "pocket," after all.

*Though it is an extended diversion, I must note I do not mean to malign the noble symbiosis between the willing Host Glitch and the juvenile Nostril Salmon. While it may sound like an inconvenience at first, and one which some Glitchen are understandably disinclined to take -- and therefore take precautions to avoid -- the unity between Salmen and Glitchen is a powerful rite.  

As it is told, the seas of Ur are too fraught with non-specificity to allow a young Pocket Salmon to concentrate on the difficult task of growing.  And so, for protection, they squirm up the nose and into a swimming Glitch's sinus cavity.  

There they are housed, warm and cozy, for a few months until fully grown, while the Glitch enters a long period of meditation deep within the sea. The bubbling thoughts of the fish unite with the powerful focusing of the Glitch, allowing both to come to many an ineffable revelation.

When the moon is just at its full, and when the tides are high, the Host Glitch will awaken and let out a powerful sneeze, expelling the wriggly visitor, who with shimmering scales swims off to join its shoal.  Sadly, the Host Glitch's reverie is then broken, and they are no longer so deeply attuned to the cosmos. But for those brief days, the animal and the Glitchen, the land and the sea, the thought and the matter were as one.

It is a beautiful and sacred rite. And so it is that, whenever we hear a sneeze, any sneeze, anywhere, we commemorate that potential for union, enlightenment, and sacrifice by saying unto them, "Bless you." 

Edit:  Why thank ye, SaSa!  I'm glad you appreciated my insomniac brainfroth.  ^_^
    Posted 11 years ago by Aposiopesis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Humbaba's human form. (nothing compared to the previous, but I'm not very descriptive)
    Posted 11 years ago by Hell's Bartender Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hell's Bartender is the incarnation of the Wish Dragon of Bortola.
  • While I agree that Aposiopesis' earlier statement is an excellent example of creativity, I do not agree with the Jal/Samudra sentiment. That long coat does not look like the appropriate attire in which to swim. The entire fable pertaining sneezes was a priceless read, a moment of hilarity in this moment of apocalyptic nothingness. SaSa Jack now lives in apocalyptic nowhere, but probably once hailed from Namaste, the Seams.
  • I think TanithLow comes from Groddle or the firebogs. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Kristabel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Kristabel looks like she's from Kloro. The lights on her shoes remind me of the lanterns there.
    Posted 11 years ago by Nelnah Fish Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Nelnah Fish is most certainly Groddle Meadow!!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Little Piggy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • For Little Piggy, I would go for more of a Jal/Firozi mix.
    Posted 11 years ago by ÁlaricRawrz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • For AlarixRawrz, You must be from Ilmenskie Deeps.
  • Keeda looks like she might be from Ix. Maybe it's the bobble headband, but you look like you might be at home wandering among the stars and spice trees with Helga :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Lilycat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lilycat, maybe a special sophisticated-type rock-hopping reindeer who resides in Groddle Heights (which is close tot the action in Groddle Forest and then Uralia)  but with origins in Rasana or Salatu
    Posted 11 years ago by Dewa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dewa, the traveling rainbow hippie who goes around bestowing random kindnesses after rook attacks, also doing the occasional extra credit project imagining whirled peas in Brillah, and making rainbows there to spruce the place up.
  • I think TanithLow must hail from Ix, specifically somewhere around Baby Steppes.
    Posted 11 years ago by Comet Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A pink castle in Aquarius. Yup.
    Posted 11 years ago by Misty Power Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Misty Power definitely belongs to a tribe that came from Kloro, but she wasn't actually born there. Her family were Glitchiegipsies and they travelled all over Ur. It actually took a while for her to finally get to her home country. That was a joyful occasion.

I must say there's some Jujubandit blood in the family as well, so be careful with your paper around her. I'm not saying she'll take it or steal it, but she might borrow it. And then forget to give it back. And then forget she ever took it, in case you ask. She can't help it, it's in her blood. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Silvery Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Silvery looks like they could be from either the Vortex of Random or Ix--May Soup and Guillermo Gamera Way, respectively.
    Posted 11 years ago by shibe Subscriber! | Permalink
  • shibe is from a sailor clan in the sea of non-speciality, but has distinguished her/himself as a businessperson in Firozi.
  • Tanithlow is definitely a no-nonsense girl, to be found hanging out in the halls giving the bureaucrats hell.
    Posted 11 years ago by Virginia Moon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Virginia Moon has been hanging around Nottis trying to figure out how to get to the glitchmas yeti's house from Candy Cane Lane.
    Posted 11 years ago by Varekai Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Varekai is prowling around Ilmenski Caverns, looking for lost machine parts.
    Posted 11 years ago by twinkletoe Subscriber! | Permalink
  • twinkletoe is from Groddle Forest, where she can blend in and search for her missing emo bear.
    (Perhaps she was really born in the meadows, as the leaf dress says.)
    Posted 11 years ago by 3jm2fg1gc Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 3jm2fg1gc looks like a very hip person who listens to music and has a job stacking shelves in Uncle Friendly's Emporium. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Pillowchair Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Pillowchair descended from cloud rings to find the fallen helikitties and collect their autographs.
    Posted 11 years ago by Chichikova Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You look like you are from Balzare.
  • I'm thinking Shimla Mirch for Keeda.  
    Posted 11 years ago by Misty Mountain Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow, Misty Mountain is pretty hard.. Maybe Samudra?
  • Probably Ilemskie Caverns but in a style kind of thing.
    Posted 11 years ago by Seeen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think Seeen would fit in Ix spot on.
    Posted 11 years ago by Janun Harmaa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Janun Harmaa

Oh my giants yessssss

I love Ix

Anyway, for you I imagine that... You know the environment type that Game of Crowns was held in? That.
    Posted 11 years ago by Seeen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • seen is from Aranna, close to the mountains,  up a bit from everyone else.  seen needs a warm, corduroy coat and a wool-felt hat, to hold in the heat.  seen licks the backs of winter wrizzards and now seen's eyes are stuck like that.  it is the high country, were anything can happen.
    Posted 11 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Do you know those two branches of an upside down tree (an invisible one) in Tamasco Roko, in Roobrik? It was a famous photo opportunity spot, everyone wanted a photo standing there on one of them. 
    Well, one day the citizens of Ur heard a loud WHOOOSSSH and then they found a wee baby Glitch, swaddled in a very big leaf tree, on the left branch of that upside down tree. There are three theories how it came to be there: one is that it was dropped there from up above by one of the Giants, another theory states that the little Glitchling was catapulted there from the strange island you see in the distance in Tamasco Roko. The third theory says the baby just spawned there, like a key, but this is a minority view.
    Anyway, that was Minkey.
    Posted 11 years ago by Silvery Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Once upon a time, in Axis Denyde, the great Ilmenskie Jones found a lost child inside. Suddenly, a great rumble was heard; the cave is caving in! There was no time. Jones grabbed the young one by the scruff and found an opening that would drop into a shrine of Cosma in what is now known as Ajiboo Hood (Ajiboo is an old Pollokan word for baby), and the great archeologist was stuck inside, waiting for someone to teleport in, hogtie him, and rescue him just in time for his next adventure. And yes, that Pollokan babe was you, Silvery. The one and only Ilmenskie Jones saved you before you even knew his name.
  • Hmm, Choru?
  • Keeda was dug up from Alakol and was exiled down to the Ilmenskie caverns, where she spent the rest of her life in.. Hehe..
    Posted 11 years ago by Caelus Subscriber! | Permalink