Topic

Project to Save Full Size Images / Snaps for Every Location in Glitch (Information and List Inside)

Finished Template Snaps:

Main Directory: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f2j883r0x4qnlm6/Qm56_Put20/glitch/FullStreetTemplates?lst

Contents:

1. Alakol
  2. Andra
  3. Aranna
  4. Balzare
  5. Baqala
  6. Besara
  7. Bortola
  8. Brillah
  9. Bureaucratic Hall
  10. Callopee
  11. Cauda
  12. Chakra Phool
  13. Choru
  14. Cosma Testing
  15. Drifa
  16. Fenneq
  17. Firozi
  18. Folivoria
  19. Groddle Forest
  20. Groddle Heights
  21. Groddle Meadow
  22. Haoma
  23. Haraiva
  24. Home Street Styles
  25. Ilmenskie Caverns
  26. Ilmenskie Deeps
  27. Ix
  28. Jal
  29. Jethimadh
  30. Jethimadh Tower Base
  31. Jethimadh Tower Mid
  32. Kajuu
  33. Kalavana
  34. Karnata
  35. Kloro
  36. Lida
  37. Massadoe
  38. Muufo
  39. Naraka
  40. Nottis
  41. Ormonos
  42. Pollokoo
  43. Quests
  44. Rasana
  45. Roobrik
  46. Salatu
  47. Samudra
  48. Shimla Mirch
  49. Sura
  50. Tahli
  51. Tamila
  52. The Seams
  53. Tutorial Start
  54. Underground Puzzles
  55. Uralia
  56. Vantalu
  57. Vortex of Random
  58. Xalanga
  59. Zhambu

================================================================

The goal of this project is to save as many location images in their entirety as possible. To save a full size image, click on the down arrow to the left of the Local Chat / Activity box and click Save full snap to your desktop. You can save it to any folder on your computer with the default name. If you are saving multiple snaps of the same street and want to rename the file, make sure to type .png at the end of the file name. Once you have images saved, please upload them somewhere, preferably at www.dropbox.com (or copy to your local Dropbox folder if you have this installed). You can also email the images to tomc@glitchium.com

The highest priority is to save snaps for every location, but with enough snaps (all duplicates welcome) of the same street, bits and pieces may be combined to form a completely pure template image with just the scenery and no extra items, animals, players, quoins, etc. (however this is low priority until there is at least a full size snap of every street). Update: There is now a clean snaps option, but this omits some NPCs in quests and includes vendors still, so it will be helpful to have different vendor positions if they need to be edited out in variations of snaps.

Art Credits include Kukubee, Zutto, Keita Takahashi, May Tang, Lillian Lai, Henrique Barone, Corey Jackson, Chris Leavens, Vicky Wong, Arbito, Jason Freeny;
Level Creation Credits include Jono Spiro (level editor), Fernando Medrano, Ryan Pelcz, Lisa Trac, Ian Passmore; Level Design QA's include MacKenzie Allyn, Michael Conkin;

All content Copyright © 2009 - 2012 Tiny Speck, All rights reserved.

Posted 11 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• one more for tonight...

Kloro via dropbox.
    Posted 11 years ago by moucri Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My batch is less thorough than other people's since I'm not doing entire regions, but for the sake of having more duplicates, here they are:
    www.dropbox.com/sh/uw26l7pj...

Right now I'm working on finding and snapping various missing seam streets.
    Edit: Got the 2 missing seams streets: Snool and Krystal Kaos
    Posted 11 years ago by Chimeric Subscriber! | Permalink
  • [Edited]
    A few snaps I've taken by now:
    Complete snaps (no avatar, no quoins, but have animals), and
    Incomplete snaps (has avatar, quions, etc.)

Will update when there's more.
    Posted 11 years ago by Bu-chan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just did Drifa and Samudra.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mercedes Kimura Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Uploading (via dropbox) CLEAN Haoma and Kloro snaps - Thanks to the new snap option.
    Going to do Roobrik and Balzare next.
    Posted 11 years ago by Darkheart Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well shit. That option would have been helpful before!! :D 
  • I see a great deal of backtracking in the near future...
  • Here's a list of what I've covered so far, these should be clean shots (no quoins/animals/people), but I did them all by hand...so human error is possible:

An_Old_Fashioned_BE
    Back_Alley
    Balzare
    Baqala
    Being_Watched
    Callopee
    Color_Unblocking
    Fenneq
    Firozi
    Groddle_Heights
    Haoma
    Institute_of_Ocular_Testing
    Kalavana
    Kloro
    Le_Miserable
    Lida
    Mental_Block
    Naraka
    Radiant Glare
    Roobrik
    Underground_Puzzles (basement puzzles)
    Walk Toward The Light

www.dropbox.com/sh/019y0715...
  • Trying to do a couple that don't have multiples using the save full snap (no items) option.

Callopee and Kloro via dropbox
    Posted 11 years ago by buddhakitty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Uploaded Clean versions of:

Alakol
    Andra
    Aranna
    Balzare
    Besara
    Bortola
    Brillah
    Cauda
    Callopee
    Chakra Phool
    Choru
    Drifa
    Fenneq
    Firozi
    Folivoria
    Groddle Forest
    Groddle Meadow
    Groddle Peak
    Haoma
    Haraiva
    Ilmenskie Caverns
    Ilmenskie Deeps
    Ix
    Jal
    Jethimadh
    Kajuu
    Kalavana
    Karnata
    Kloro
    Lita
    Massadoe
    Moshi Moshi Oshilatis
    Muufo
    Nottis
    Ormonos
    Pollokoo
    Rasana
    Roobrik
    Salatu
    Samudra
    Shimla Mirch
    Sura
    Tahli
    Tamila
    Uralia
    Vantalu
    Xalanga
    Zhambu

Have done all encyclopedia locations - will continue to collect Seam Streets, etc.
  • Aw, sloth frickin' knockers! I'm not re-doing all of mine as it has taken me a week to get this far and I only have a few more regions to go. I am totally bummed by this update being so late.

I have been visiting regions as a tourist tho' and so it hasn't been a great loss for me personally, but would have been nice for this project.

EDIT: All the pics taken from today have used the no item snap feature and will have the word clean after the folder name. I will decide at the end of my tour of duty whether I will revisit areas to get cleaner shots.
    Posted 11 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Are there any mega pixel  pics of entire areas?  Anyone working on it, or need help?
    Posted 11 years ago by Dru5s Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks everyone for the new updates! What an update to the snaps feature so late, I definitely wasn't expecting that but it's nice to have! Still need to finish updating the list.

Old snaps are still useful for different positions of vendors and animated layers. As well as different stages of a quest or event boxes.

Dru5s, what do you mean by entire areas? Almost all the areas have had snaps for their streets?
  • Darkheart, do you have a link to your new Dropbox folder? The link on your original post no longer works.

I wonder how this affects "items" used in puzzles and special locations, if they still show up normally. Seems like street vendors still show up.
  • Uploading Samudra (empty streets)
  • Whoops, sorry about that.

www.dropbox.com/sh/srmpjd02...

This one should work.
  • New area: Haraiva

via dropbox 
    Posted 11 years ago by buddhakitty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • And here's Brillah and Namaste via dropbox.
  • Namaste? Where is that? Gosh, so many places I haven't seen yet and so little time!

TomC, can you make sure you got all the updated images from my dropbox folder
    I am running out of space there and need to delete before I can upload more. They are not clean but you may want to use some for vendors etc.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mina Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks everyone! Mina, yes downloaded them all now, thanks!
  • Added what I could of Vortex of Random. May have missed some in the excitement...and wasn't able to save a snap of Downside Up, but will see if I can piece together something later when the traffic slows a little.

*Edit* - Added in a pieced together version of Downside Up.
  • http://www.dropbox.com/sh/6qtcd6fsq6317qo/M8omOHuf-_
    is what I have. I'll add more later.
    Posted 11 years ago by Earth4 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Are you going to post this somewhere so that all the players can see it/find it and download if they want to?
    Posted 11 years ago by Xyn Odras Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just a heads up to snappers, if you haven't found this out: if someone shards a quoin, it shows up on a snap even if it's the no items one, also taken is when someone grabs a quoin, that small flash shows up.
    Posted 11 years ago by Ayasta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • TomC, my dropbox is just about full. Do you mind making sure you have any of the shots you might want from it?
    I will continue collecting areas in the meantime.
  • Thanks everyone for the continued efforts on all of these snaps!

Xyn Odras, yes they will for sure be on Dropbox, but other options are also being considered including possible hosting on archive.org or as a torrent.

Thanks for the tip, Ayasta!

Darkheart, thanks, just downloaded all of them.
  • Uploaded Vantalu (empty streets).
  • This rocks! Thanks so much!
    Posted 11 years ago by Midori Melon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I wonder if what Dru5s meant is a high-res copy of the overland map. Something like this sadly outdated one: www.glitch-strategy.com/wik...
    Posted 11 years ago by Pale Queen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Does anyone have the full house height + backyard size? I figured I'd take some snaps of the different street styles, but my house only has two floors, so I don't think I'd get the full image.
  • I was going to work on the home street and backyard styles. The home street will be a bit problematic that the house is always stuck there.
  • You should have it as the generic house with no customization. As well as no tower, and no cultivation items.
    Posted 11 years ago by Palindrome Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Full-size clean templates now available for the following:

37 Home Street Styles
    8 Ix locations
    7 Uralia locations

Links in first post. Unfortunately there was no way to get rid of the sign post, but everything else is hidden and the street is max expansion width.
  • Great work on the home streets, TomC!

I've finished taking snaps of every street in the encyclopedia, but I'm still going to be collecting Seam Streets etc for a while.
  • backyard styles
    (with and without house)
  • Thanks so much for doing this! I am using some of these images to create my Glitch museum in Second Life: http://imgur.com/m8Oud

I am making big panoramas of some of my favorite streets so that an SL avatar can walk along the display and feel a bit like being back in Glitch. My favorite street list (don't have all of them uploaded yet):

Marrakesh Meadow
    Scribe's Weald
    Tallish Crest
    Flipside
    Cebarkul
    Neva Neva
    Unnu Slight
    One of the Esquibeth streets
    One of the welcome streets
    one of the bog streets
    Anrasan Glance in Alakol
    Lotha Harte
    Sliding Skimmers
    Mincedoathe Formation in Rasanna
    Posted 11 years ago by Dotcom Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Woah what you did in Second Life looks very cool! 

Currently behind on the list, but pretty much everything has been covered! All snaps still welcome for combining into various versions and documenting placements of rocks, trees/patches, vendors etc.
  • Have a SLURL for the display in SL?
    Posted 11 years ago by Marianne Subscriber! | Permalink
  • TomC - got a link for what you have already?

Where will you be posting it after the end? on a tumblr or a blog?
    Posted 11 years ago by Harvey Donnager Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Harvey Donnager, yes I believe the forums will be up for the rest of this month at least, so there will be links in the first post. The Dropbox link right now has a few of what's been processed so far. But there are still 90% of streets to process with different versions also. Right now the ones finished are the completely blank templates.
  • I have several of the quests undone where you visit a unique location...  Vision Quest and Prove Your Rook-Fighting Mettle are two I know for sure...  Do you need those?  I skipped them because I'd done them in Beta and was saving them for later when they'd be less fresh in my mind.  I'll try to watch this topic, but feel free to send me a message in game here or at my alt, Sundara.  I'm back and forth with my accounts today, playing Glitch-hide-and-seek with my little insistent nephew.  :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Mahalla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ah yes those would be very helpful! Especially with Rooks' Woods if you could take snaps at each stage of the Rook Egg chopping or different positions of the Crushers. Vision Quest would be great too, thanks!
  • Hi TomC, I am keeping on working on the Glitch Museum in SL. The great thing is that by displaying street images avatar-sized, you feel you can walk around in Glitch. Here is a panorama of Western Grotto, part of the Esquibeth quest: http://imgur.com/a/IGCgk#9

My avatar is a little black thing flying around in the middle of the display.

The SLURL is http://slurl.com/secondlife/Caledon%20Downs/108/148/1575
    Posted 11 years ago by Dotcom Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My nephew is about to leave so I should be able to get to working on snaps relatively soon.  I put the few I already have on Dropbox, and I'll continue adding to this spot:

www.dropbox.com/sh/25xedgrl...

Did that work?  I've never shared a Dropbox folder before.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mahalla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dotcom, that looks awesome, looking forward to your development on it!

Mahalla, yep it worked, thanks!
  • Does anyone have Gentle Island? :3
    Posted 11 years ago by Asazi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • TomC - I have covered all the regions, etc. and got clean shots of tons of the things incl. revisiting some of the things I did the first time. I will upload the last versions of all the snaps Tuesday or Wednesday and leave a note here when I am done.
    Posted 11 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Asazi, there are some snaps of Gentle Island but they are still awaiting processing. 

Thanks Cleops!
  • Uploading all my friends' home streets and towers.
  • I've put a list together of all of the art and music uploaded so far onto Dropbox, the link can be found here:

Glitch Asset Links

If you've have uploaded something that is not yet on the list, let me know, or feel free to add it yourself.

And I'll be uploading some art for Gentle Island and some various quests soon. Is there anything particular that's missing right now that I could help with?
    Posted 11 years ago by Lead Subscriber! | Permalink