Topic

Project to Save Full Size Images / Snaps for Every Location in Glitch (Information and List Inside)

Finished Template Snaps:

Main Directory: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f2j883r0x4qnlm6/Qm56_Put20/glitch/FullStreetTemplates?lst

Contents:

1. Alakol
  2. Andra
  3. Aranna
  4. Balzare
  5. Baqala
  6. Besara
  7. Bortola
  8. Brillah
  9. Bureaucratic Hall
  10. Callopee
  11. Cauda
  12. Chakra Phool
  13. Choru
  14. Cosma Testing
  15. Drifa
  16. Fenneq
  17. Firozi
  18. Folivoria
  19. Groddle Forest
  20. Groddle Heights
  21. Groddle Meadow
  22. Haoma
  23. Haraiva
  24. Home Street Styles
  25. Ilmenskie Caverns
  26. Ilmenskie Deeps
  27. Ix
  28. Jal
  29. Jethimadh
  30. Jethimadh Tower Base
  31. Jethimadh Tower Mid
  32. Kajuu
  33. Kalavana
  34. Karnata
  35. Kloro
  36. Lida
  37. Massadoe
  38. Muufo
  39. Naraka
  40. Nottis
  41. Ormonos
  42. Pollokoo
  43. Quests
  44. Rasana
  45. Roobrik
  46. Salatu
  47. Samudra
  48. Shimla Mirch
  49. Sura
  50. Tahli
  51. Tamila
  52. The Seams
  53. Tutorial Start
  54. Underground Puzzles
  55. Uralia
  56. Vantalu
  57. Vortex of Random
  58. Xalanga
  59. Zhambu

================================================================

The goal of this project is to save as many location images in their entirety as possible. To save a full size image, click on the down arrow to the left of the Local Chat / Activity box and click Save full snap to your desktop. You can save it to any folder on your computer with the default name. If you are saving multiple snaps of the same street and want to rename the file, make sure to type .png at the end of the file name. Once you have images saved, please upload them somewhere, preferably at www.dropbox.com (or copy to your local Dropbox folder if you have this installed). You can also email the images to tomc@glitchium.com

The highest priority is to save snaps for every location, but with enough snaps (all duplicates welcome) of the same street, bits and pieces may be combined to form a completely pure template image with just the scenery and no extra items, animals, players, quoins, etc. (however this is low priority until there is at least a full size snap of every street). Update: There is now a clean snaps option, but this omits some NPCs in quests and includes vendors still, so it will be helpful to have different vendor positions if they need to be edited out in variations of snaps.

Art Credits include Kukubee, Zutto, Keita Takahashi, May Tang, Lillian Lai, Henrique Barone, Corey Jackson, Chris Leavens, Vicky Wong, Arbito, Jason Freeny;
Level Creation Credits include Jono Spiro (level editor), Fernando Medrano, Ryan Pelcz, Lisa Trac, Ian Passmore; Level Design QA's include MacKenzie Allyn, Michael Conkin;

All content Copyright © 2009 - 2012 Tiny Speck, All rights reserved.

Posted 11 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Thanks for the compilation, Lead! I don't think there are anything missing except for places we can no longer get to: old Gentle Island streets, The Construct, and Soulful. Soulful is exactly the same as Soulless though and we do have Soulless thanks to Macs.
  • I think I've remembered a few more places that haven't been capped...  Fireflex 3000 Lab and 
    Eesti Life Catalog Page 17.

I see Plexus is missing and I've never been there, so I'll go grab it because I wanted to check it out anyway.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mahalla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • These are the places that are missing from my list of links at the moment (though I may have overlooked them in this thread):

Streets:
    Gentle Island

Cauda
    Drifa
    Folivoria
    Groddle Meadow
    Ilmenskie Caverns
    Ilmenskie Deeps
    Jal
    Jethimadh
    Nottis
    Tahli

Seam Streets:
    Martleby Hare
    Palindrome
    Plexus

Bonus Streets:
    Eesti Life Catalog Page 17
    Firefly 3000 Lab
    The Gold Hatted Bouncing High Jumping Memory Place
    Rainbow Run

Race Streets:
    Grab 'em Good
    The Great Hog Haul

Many Quests

@Mahalla Thanks for grabbing Plexus

I wanted to ask, as well - are there any similar efforts to capture other art right now (sprite sheets of animals, vendors, quoins, trees, giants, etc.) or music? If so (and if you can provide a link) I can put these on the list, too.

Also, I would like to plug my efforts to collect quest, level up, and other text information here. It's a bit disorganized at the moment, but I plan on getting all of this information on the wiki after today. A lot of this information is more volatile than art and such, so I'd appreciate anyone who would like to chip in!
    Posted 11 years ago by Lead Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have Jethimadh and Nottis, as well as almost all of the party streets (but my Glitchen might be in them).
    Posted 11 years ago by Asazi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I wanted to finish the seam street quest, so I'll grab those other two on your list.  I had a couple party locations that I hadn't uploaded, so I added those to my drop box.

Edit - Got the seam streets.

Here's my dropbox link again: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/25xedgrlh9xcmvs/hFCVEuz-9c

I'll do the Deeps, I wanted a few screenshots there anyway.
  • I have a Hog Haul ticket I think.  I bought a bunch of tickets when my nephew was here, and we didn't do that game.

Edit - I found a bunch of generic game tickets, so that must be Hog Haul.  I have several of the imagination tickets, are those done?

Edit 2 - I still have the Rainbow Run quest!  Will do that before I do the Deeps.
  • Here's my Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0hk6865na65k0ha/19NMJR7362/Glitch

So far I've added some of Gentle Island, some of the intro, quests, and Upgrade Cards.

@Mahalla I've added everything you've uploaded so far. I'll keep an eye on your Dropbox and update links as needed.

Edit: I'm about to go do Cauda
  • added maps
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w6fqeff63ql63l7/SuO70_X1V8
    Posted 11 years ago by Fly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have an alt or two that I've been using to get some snaps at the end of Ur, and so I have some pics that can fill in some of the gaps still in that spreadsheet, specifically the first run through Le Miserable, Talking 'bout Soil Appreciation, The Greedy Street Spirit (I have a snap of each part of the story as well as the full street snaps).  They're all a jumbled mess on my computer right now, but I can make a dropbox and get them up after I'm done celebrating the end of Ur if they're needed.
    Posted 11 years ago by Viscount Vilhelm Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just added Cauda, have some duplicates for the sake of completion.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0hk6865na65k0ha/ZEZ1l_YToT/Glitch/Locations/Cauda

Moving on to Drifa, now. Will post soon.

@Fly Thanks for the maps, they've been added to the list

@Viscount Vilhelm That would be wonderful, have fun celebrating!

Links:
    Compiled list of all art, help pitch in
    My Dropbox
    Text of Glitch to be added to wiki after EOTW

Does anyone know where spritesheets of animals, vendors, quoins might be found?
    Or music (other than the downloads page)?
  • Ilmenskie Deeps are capped and up in my Dropbox.  Will do caverns next since I'm there.

Don't know anything about spritesheets, but I saw a topic on it somewhere around here.  

So if my list is right, the regular UR areas still undone are:

FolivoriaGroddle MeadowJalTahli

?
  • I'm working on Groddle Meadow now.
    Posted 11 years ago by Maybe Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm in the process of capturing Nottis and Drifa now.

Assuming Groddle Meadow, Deeps, and Caverns will be done soon, this is what is still missing from the list:

Streets:
    Folivoria
    Jal
    Jethimadh
    Tahli

Games/Races
    The Great Hog Haul
    Grab ‘em Good

Parts of the Tutorial
    Parts of Gentle Island (and its map!)

Party Locations (Incomplete listing)
    Quests (Incomplete Listing)

Bonus Streets:
    Firefly 3000 Lab

Also, if anyone can pitch in music, UPGRADE CARDS, or sprite sheets, it would be greatly appreciated!

Links (again):Compiled list of all arthelp pitch in
    My Dropbox
  • I've got Caverns all done except for one last street, but the lag is keeping the save picture window from working.  I'm going to stop and eat and then try again.

Which upgrade cards, the ones that go into our inventory or the chooser screen?  
  • Groddle Meadow: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b8d2vgr5gbey0nd/-JbfD3g1Rl

Working on Jal now.
  • @Mahalla Both, but particularly the chooser screen ones.
    I didn't realize until now that upgrades were in the encyclopedia, haha.
    After the EOTW, I'll be launching a project to save everything currently in the encyclopedia, so I guess for now, upgrades shouldn't be worried about.
    Music, spritesheets, and quest information would be great to retain though.

@ALL Can anyone think of anything (besides what's been mentioned) that needs to be saved or ripped from the game that ISN'T in the encyclopedia? Thanks in advanced.

@Maybe Thank you! Your screenshots have been added to the list!
  • Jal: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zimvp6nfx5cguqs/_-TXllxUuC

Working on Tahli now.
  • I got some images of Gentle Island (by making an alt) plus a bunch of others and posted them here to share: www.dropbox.com/sh/ncydr77f...

Sorry, I didn't get the Gentle Island map, and I think I missed a street or maybe two. But the best part is the two mostly-cloud images and the exit landscape where the words say,

"For you who are about to leave Gentle Island, know this: Glitch is a game of possibilities. You can't lose."

Thanks to everyone here for making this the wonderful place it is.
    Posted 11 years ago by Vocable Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Are all the basement streets covered? I've got all but Blooian and Fernucopia if not.

I'd also appreciate it if anybody who does have clean templates of either could Dropbox 'em for me (I'd like them for wallpaper, and haven't been able to get to either for some reason).
    Posted 11 years ago by Djabriil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Tahli: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1egz3y2gfbxfuh8/5vewL3-KcM

Working on Folivoria now.
  • Folivoria: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2tx8w6p7l4al6iw/wLiOr_Y-hv

Working on Jethimadh now.
  • Ilmenskie Caverns: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nkr7a1udkdoaosc/SFFc3j9IfJ

Going to get the two games now, Hog Haul and the other.
  • @Maybe Thanks, links have been included.

@Mahalla Ilmenskie Caverns looks to be missing [Level 4 East], [The Drop], and [The Other Drop].
  • Lead, I know I took those I'll take a look at what happened to them.  
  • @Mahalla I see them up there, now. Thank you!
  • Anyone know if Room 15 is accessible? I'm having problems getting in; it's the last location in the Tower I'm missing.
  • Uploading the missing streets in Ilmenskie caverns, also uploaded Juju hideout.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mercedes Kimura Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I happen to have a screenshot of Room 15 uploaded: www.box.com/s/tt7m3sfbww804...
    Posted 11 years ago by Mercedes Kimura Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Here's Hog Haul and Grab 'em Good and The Amazing Race even though it wasn't on the list because I got sent there with the first ticket.  :P

www.dropbox.com/sh/nmzzzost...
  • Drifa and Nottis are completed and on the Dropbox.

Once Ilmenskie Deeps and Jethimadh are uploaded, ALL of the main streets (including Gentle Island, the Tutorial, Seam Streets, and Basement Seam Streets) will be done!!! Great job to all!!

Still yet missing are some of the ticket locations and MANY of the quests!
    Please do stay to help! Alternately, if anyone would be willing to review the list so far to make sure all of the streets and art are there (I've been as thorough as I can be, but there's a lot to look over!).

Links (again):
    Compiled list of all arthelp pitch in
    My Dropbox
  • Jethimadh: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z8q1u63u9umfi6w/_U_NzYD7Ah

Includes Tower Mid, Tower Base, Gwendolyn Quest.

Missing Room 15.
  • I wonder if we ask a Dev nicely, if they'd sneak us into the 3 missing quest streets?
  • Sorry I haven't had time to update the list (been trying to finish the template snaps too). But every single street has been taken care of thanks to everyone's collaborative efforts!
  • That's wonderful!  We deserve Cloudberry Daiquiris.

So streets are all done, is anything else left?  
  • Currently missing from the list:

Bonus Streets:

Firefly 3000 Lab

A CLEAN (No Item) version of Room 15 in Jethimadh Tower

And the locations for Upgrades (ie, "Ticket to ___")
    Abysmal Thrill
    Arbor Hollow
    Beam Me Down
    Bippity Bop
    Cloud Rings
    Mountain Scaling
    Radial Heights
    Sky Plunge
    Slip 'N Slide
    Starlit Night

Edit: I'm getting come of the ticket locations now.
  • I've got a few of those tickets.
  • I've done

Beam Me Down
    Abysmal Thrill
    Starlit Night

And have a Bippity Bop ticket somewhere.  Will upload later, since we're almost out of time.
  • Needed:

Firefly 3000 Lab

Tickets:
    Arbor Hollow
    Bippity Bop
    Mountain Scaling
    Radial Heights

Slip 'N Slide
  • Those have all been completed. Some snaps were emailed and I will get them processed as soon as possible.
  • I've got the vortex too, if you want, I literally died alone compiling it since I got kicked out of Glitch with no way back in as I was saving the pictures :(
    Posted 11 years ago by purple goldfish Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You guys are amazing. :') <3
    Posted 11 years ago by Asperity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yep purple goldfish, please upload them somewhere if you can or email works too!
  • I put Bippity Bop, Starlit Night, Abysmal Thrill, and Beam Me Down in my Dropbox.  Bippity has two shots, one at the beginning and one at the end, showing the change it makes.

The music was lovely!
  • This is so wonderful! I wish I had seen it before the game ended. I will be stalking the dropbox folder :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Zakir Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Is there anything still missing?
    Posted 11 years ago by Miss Coco Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I believe everything has been snapped except for The Construct, but that was a completely blank street, so if we know the dimensions, then it'll be easy to just create a blank image with the width and height!
  •  On my list of links, I'm yet missing:

Bonus Streets:
    Firefly 3000 Lab

Ticket Races:
    Arbor Hollow
    Mountain Scaling
    Radial Heights

Slip 'N Slide

A CLEAN (No Item) version of Room 15 in Jethimadh Tower.

and some of the Party streets (though I've been unable to find a complete list of these).

I realize (/hope) that these exist, I just don't have links to them yet! If anyone would like to send such links my way, it would be greatly appreciated!
  • Well, sounds like Tom's got everything, but I do have all the ticket places and a clean Room 15 if you end up needing it.
    Posted 11 years ago by Miss Coco Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There's definitely a snap of everything but currently not 100% sure if there's a no-items version of all the streets. Your clean Room 15 copy would be great if you have it uploaded somewhere, thanks!
  • So where are all these going to be posted?
    Posted 11 years ago by musegarden Subscriber! | Permalink