Topic

Project to Save Full Size Images / Snaps for Every Location in Glitch (Information and List Inside)

Finished Template Snaps:

Main Directory: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f2j883r0x4qnlm6/Qm56_Put20/glitch/FullStreetTemplates?lst

Contents:

1. Alakol
  2. Andra
  3. Aranna
  4. Balzare
  5. Baqala
  6. Besara
  7. Bortola
  8. Brillah
  9. Bureaucratic Hall
  10. Callopee
  11. Cauda
  12. Chakra Phool
  13. Choru
  14. Cosma Testing
  15. Drifa
  16. Fenneq
  17. Firozi
  18. Folivoria
  19. Groddle Forest
  20. Groddle Heights
  21. Groddle Meadow
  22. Haoma
  23. Haraiva
  24. Home Street Styles
  25. Ilmenskie Caverns
  26. Ilmenskie Deeps
  27. Ix
  28. Jal
  29. Jethimadh
  30. Jethimadh Tower Base
  31. Jethimadh Tower Mid
  32. Kajuu
  33. Kalavana
  34. Karnata
  35. Kloro
  36. Lida
  37. Massadoe
  38. Muufo
  39. Naraka
  40. Nottis
  41. Ormonos
  42. Pollokoo
  43. Quests
  44. Rasana
  45. Roobrik
  46. Salatu
  47. Samudra
  48. Shimla Mirch
  49. Sura
  50. Tahli
  51. Tamila
  52. The Seams
  53. Tutorial Start
  54. Underground Puzzles
  55. Uralia
  56. Vantalu
  57. Vortex of Random
  58. Xalanga
  59. Zhambu

================================================================

The goal of this project is to save as many location images in their entirety as possible. To save a full size image, click on the down arrow to the left of the Local Chat / Activity box and click Save full snap to your desktop. You can save it to any folder on your computer with the default name. If you are saving multiple snaps of the same street and want to rename the file, make sure to type .png at the end of the file name. Once you have images saved, please upload them somewhere, preferably at www.dropbox.com (or copy to your local Dropbox folder if you have this installed). You can also email the images to tomc@glitchium.com

The highest priority is to save snaps for every location, but with enough snaps (all duplicates welcome) of the same street, bits and pieces may be combined to form a completely pure template image with just the scenery and no extra items, animals, players, quoins, etc. (however this is low priority until there is at least a full size snap of every street). Update: There is now a clean snaps option, but this omits some NPCs in quests and includes vendors still, so it will be helpful to have different vendor positions if they need to be edited out in variations of snaps.

Art Credits include Kukubee, Zutto, Keita Takahashi, May Tang, Lillian Lai, Henrique Barone, Corey Jackson, Chris Leavens, Vicky Wong, Arbito, Jason Freeny;
Level Creation Credits include Jono Spiro (level editor), Fernando Medrano, Ryan Pelcz, Lisa Trac, Ian Passmore; Level Design QA's include MacKenzie Allyn, Michael Conkin;

All content Copyright © 2009 - 2012 Tiny Speck, All rights reserved.

Posted 11 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Thanks!! Updated the list.
  • What else would I do but Wintry Place? :)  I tried to get the sno cone vendor in a better place but he moves a lot!  I'm hiding behind something.
    Posted 11 years ago by ennuienta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Tom, I just sent you 8 pics. Please let me know if I need to re-send any.
    Posted 11 years ago by MaryLiLamb Subscriber! | Permalink
  • An Old Fashioned B&E via dropbox.
    Posted 11 years ago by moucri Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks again everyone; all the files received intact and in mint condition.
  • Mental Block via dropbox.
  • Working on Zhambu and Kloro now.
  • More Kalavana via dropbox.
  • Underground Puzzles via dropbox.
  • TomC - in case you miss it - I will just be updating my original post above as I add things. If you want me to indicate what is new let me know
    Posted 11 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks everyone! Currently updating list again.

Cleops, thanks for the alert and clarification; will look through for updates.
  • Updated the list for all the regions received, still working on updating the miscellaneous streets.

Every region now has at least 1 except Kloro and Zhambu (work-in-progress by ennuienta and Cleops). However, the more duplicates the better in order to have as many snaps to use for editing out animals and other random non-native objects. Keep up the awesome work everyone!
  • Kloro is here.
  • Just finished Zhambu, but as you said the more snaps from everyone the better.
  • Zhambu is here.  Sorry Cleops, didn't know you were working on it.
  • Sorry, this will be a bit redundant, but I do have a more comprehensive list of areas now.

Andra
    Aranna
    Besara
    Bortola
    Callopee
    Cauda
    Chakra Phool
    Choru
    Fenneq
    Folivoria
    Groddle Forest
    Groddle Meadow
    Haoma
    Ilmenskie Caverns
    Ilmenskie Deeps
    Ix
    Jal
    Jethimadh
    Jethimadh Tower: Base
    Kalavana
    Lida
    Massadoe
    Naraka
    Nottis
    Pollokoo
    Rasana
    Roobrik
    Tamila
    Uralia
    Vantalu
    Xalanga

..and a few of the seam streets etc.

www.dropbox.com/sh/pznjhu5a...

I've posted that I had a few of these before, but I'll update this list as I get more areas(following Cleops' example).
    Posted 11 years ago by Darkheart Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ennueinta - You don't need to apologise at all as TomC needs as many snaps from as many sources as possible:)

I was already visiting all the areas anyway for my own purposes and so hopefully with everyone's help there will be lots for Tom to pick thru to do a great clean composite of all the areas.
  • Going to do Zhambu.
    First set of images available here: www.box.com/s/wd6yz486hzl91...
    Posted 11 years ago by Mercedes Kimura Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks again everyone!

Yes, multiple images of the same places are absolutely needed in order to have enough to edit out all the animals and items, and everyone's efforts are all invaluable in making as complete of an archive as possible.
  • I took snaps for all streets in Karnata and Massadoe, but more snaps will be definitely be needed for every street still!
  • https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1uwneaomxn8x62q/TjKsE95fjf
    also added

Karnata
    Massadoe
    Posted 11 years ago by Fly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Did Shim Shiri and related locations; Zhambu still in proggress.
  • Once someone has 100% of the areas, make a torrent?
    Posted 11 years ago by Kirnan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Did a couple more streets in Zhambu, plus some home streets and towers.
  • Thanks again everyone for the new additions!

Kirnan, the areas still need to be processed to edit out Glitch avatars, animals, other objects and add in variations. Unless you're fine with any street snap with all those things in them?
  • Looks like Zhambu is complete.
  • Mercedes Kimura, yes but we need a lot of duplicates too so feel free to upload any snaps even if there are already some. Thanks again for your help!
  • I mean, I have completed Zhambu, plus Jethimadh Tower museum (I thought somebody had already completed the tower, so I did just one snap of each location) and Le Voyage Violet.
  • I actually would want Glitchen and animals and stuff in the pics.  Why show a barren world, when you can show it as it was, full of life and happiness?
    Posted 11 years ago by Kirnan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Updated with a couple of new areas. My dropbox is about full, but I will keep on collecting snaps on my computer in case more duplicates of areas are needed later.
    Posted 11 years ago by Darkheart Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well the idea was with a blank template, people can add in anyone's avatar and any amount of avatars using the spritesheets, as well as add in any animals and other items they want. But with a template that already has someone in it, then the possibilities are a bit more limited. It wouldn't be a diverse array of people without hundreds of different people taking snaps either.

Thanks Mercedes Kimura and Darkheart. Will download them soon if you want to clear up some space.
  • Just did hell.
  • Did some locations in tower base and Gwen's quest. (Forgot to take Gwen's chamber - maybe later.)
  • https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1uwneaomxn8x62q/TjKsE95fjf

added

Samudra
    Drifa
    Posted 11 years ago by Fly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Added the rest of the tower (incl. Gwendolyn's chamber), plus Muufo bureaucratic hall and Being watched.
  • I've added 2 new images: Room 4 & Hall of Rejected Concepts
    I've taken away my Glitch from both images, so these can be used as template

Here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7ujn5w7w9jsp706/pnGB1BUCPs

Edit: I'll have to redo the "Room 4" snap if you want the herbs and the drinks gone though...
    Posted 11 years ago by Rutger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Did Karnata and Last pilgrimage of Esquibeth. (Is there a specific location you want now?)
  • Thanks! Still need to update the list today.

There isn't any specific location to go for, but if you would like to work on locations that only have 1 or 2 copies so far, that'd be awesome! Or whatever you are in the mood for would work just as well.
  • Yes, I am currently doing Samudra (because I've never been there before) and Baqala (because it has only one snap per street).
  • Hi TomC - Make sure you check back at my original post above as I have been updating my list as I have been going along
  • Uploading another batch, among other things completed Baqala.

By the way, what is Felin Pryde, Brillah? You don't seem to have any snaps of this location. (Is it still accessible? How?) Another area that doesn't ring a bell to me (and has no snaps) is Rudna Barthii, Karnata.
  • I don't think you have the abandoned apartment towers and the basement seams. I am uploading them now. (I wasn't able to get to Griinolyza, though.)

See Basement Seam Streets.
  • I've snapped a lot of full size picks of places and will continue to do so. I'm uploading them here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mcpgz0r2zsnl5p2/9YvuEdpHvj (some of the files need to be renamed to .png but thats what they are even though the tiny pic doesn't show)
    Posted 11 years ago by ThursdayNext Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks everyone, I'm a bit behind in updating the list. Will go through them today.

MK, Karnata was a recently released region, I still need to add in all the streets. Brillah was spotted over a year go but still unreleased as of now. The basement streets are listed in Underground Puzzles.
  • Looks like I have already uploaded all the locations in Karnata, and forgot about it. Thanks, I'll probably continue with the Samudra region.
  • Balzare via dropbox.
  • What about the earlier quests and puzzles, my cooking alt managed to get a copy of the keen eyed noticers one but others may be 50+ levels in the past for most of us.
    Posted 11 years ago by Benzyl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Roobrik and Callopee via dropbox.
  • Back_Alley
    Being_Watched
    Institute_of_Ocular_Testing
    Haoma

via dropbox.
  • and 
    Fenneq

and