Topic

*Post Alpha/Beta Millionaires*

I'm curious if there are many millionaires (1m c's) who joined Glitch after the first Beta/first public rollout.

Posted 12 years ago by MeherMan Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I'd be one now... If it weren't for my Cubimal collection. -sigh-
    Posted 12 years ago by DUG1138 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • DUG - right there with ya - I probably could be now, but I'd have to get rid of my hoard.  And cubis definitely take a chunk out
    Posted 12 years ago by Green Meanie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Got up there pretty far and then fell off. Spent it all plus more creatingicons. Back up to 1/2 mil or so now ...

Joined at the beginning of november.
    Posted 12 years ago by LimberTwig Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah I know quite a few.  : )

If you include people's assets you'ld be surprised just how wealthy most are. Even people who are cash poor will often have things like full sets of icons, rare cubimals etc.
    Posted 12 years ago by Melting Sky Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm roughly 3 1/2 mil.  But, I have no cubimal addiction and no life.
    Posted 12 years ago by Li'll Missy Brenda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I might be one, except for moving so often.  That 20% loss for selling a house bites into the revenue.
    Posted 12 years ago by Kalstept Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was, till all the divorces...now, not so much.

Plus I dont hoard.
    Posted 12 years ago by ☣ elf ☣ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've probably spent close to that much on cubis by now. Well...maybe not a million yet. Maybe 500k.

Edit: My running tally (132 cubis of various types) adds up to 660k, plus the 200k I have now. o.o And soon enough, that will be converted to cubis. After I finish my collection...who knows. XD I might keep collecting and toss a rook at some lucky random person.
    Posted 12 years ago by Shiromisa Kaya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I became one about two weeks ago.
    Posted 12 years ago by Arcadia Noelle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "Well I practice Santeria, and I got my crystal ball, well I had a million dollars and I...I spent it all!" I've got a 50-lb. cubimal monkey on my back.
    Posted 12 years ago by N2ZOrtolanaBlue Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have gotten to a million.  Though I don't have a cubi problem, so that probably helps.  Never too late to start I suppose...
    Posted 12 years ago by PTB3 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I joined about 3 weeks after the first beta ended.  I made it to around 900k and then went on a mission of getting all my Icons.  The epic amounts of favor I needed were taken directly from my funding.  Thus, alas, I didn't quite make it to a million before I trashed my cash flow back down to around 100k.
    Posted 12 years ago by Nerd of Epic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • if you include the worth of my icons, I have at least a half mil. in assets.  But just in currants alone I'm not nearly that rich.  I sure would like to be though.  :3
    Posted 12 years ago by ♪♥~ Auren ~♥♪ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Slowly pushing toward 700k.  I like to split my "gains" between collecting Icons (donation) and out and out profit-taking.  AH/RFK/G-V/M-V all help. Distilling, not so much.  And I tend to keep my mining gains (ore/gems/metal) in reserve to make ingots. I'm just tackling Tinkering V now (see you in 10 days), to see if there's much upside in making the more advanced tools.
    After that I'll explore Blockmaking & Fuelmaking to see if there's some upside there.

But at the end of the day, it's the simple things that make the biggest difference:
    a) Squeezing chickens for grain for pigs/get musicblocks.
    b) Harvesting trees for raw materials/get stuff.
    c) Mining lots of ore/get gems.
    d) Selling 50 percent of my meat & milk on any given day.
    e) Harvesting corn & potatoes and selling a portion of the proceeds.

It all adds up.
    Posted 12 years ago by CrashTestPilot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I should be one tomorrow, hopefully, if I didn't need to feed my icons, would have been there sooner.
    Posted 12 years ago by Miss Melody Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm not there yet.  I have 536 K.  I sure like reading about the millionaires and discovering how other glitches play the game.  I hope other millionaires will describe how they like to get their currents.  My goal is to level up and then concentrate on becoming a millionaire.  Cheers everyone.  Reading threads like this one help me expand the scope of my play.
    Posted 12 years ago by Peachesan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I might be one if you count all my hoarded stuff.  I've been here nearly a year and never even had as much as 100,000 until last week but my house is loaded with things I am hoarding in case I need them for the new house.
    Posted 12 years ago by Brib Annie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It should take me 20 glitch days, but I never dedicate the time xD
    Posted 12 years ago by Rook Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ....and here I am, playing since launch, with no cubi addiction, and I currently have about 16K. Party ATMs and icon tithes appear to be my downfall. Go figure...
    Posted 12 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Another expensive addiction: Donating to Humbaba.  Based on my favor its safe to say that I've donated more than 12M in goods to her.  It may not surprise you to hear that I am not a millionaire.
    Posted 12 years ago by Humbabella Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I spent all mine on fries..
    Posted 12 years ago by ☣ elf ☣ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm not quite so special as Humbabella ;) I have still dropped roughly 1/4 of the amount she has though : D Quite the expensive habit! I'm on break though, so for now I am in fact a millionaire! 1.3 mil and counting :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Liza Throttlebottom Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Liza: I thought about how quickly I would become a millionaire if I played the same way I play now but sold instead of donating and it is quite staggering.  But I think if I was just in it for the money I wouldn't have the same motivation so it would probably take a long time.
    Posted 12 years ago by Humbabella Subscriber! | Permalink
  • this makes depressing reading..playing for a few months but quite far off from 500K... and i don't have gems, ingots, crystals, cubis, dolls etc which might have given me hope!!!
    Posted 12 years ago by !$Harrump$! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would be if I hadn't hit level 60 and stopped coining.
    Posted 12 years ago by daPressed Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Was,  then I bought a Yeti......
    Posted 12 years ago by TheBoyWhoCriedRook Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i am a mllionaire, soon to be spending it all though
    Posted 12 years ago by wuilyl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What are you going to spend it on wuiyl?
    Posted 12 years ago by Peachesan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Currently at 1.7 million, but I don't spend on much and haven't gotten into the cubimal craze. I'm hoping the new housing will offer some interesting things to buy.
    Posted 12 years ago by derek smalls Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am concerned how being a millionaire now would be affected when our XP+$ gets converted to imagination...
    Posted 12 years ago by Rapture Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That would now be me. I don't buy cubimals and have all 11 icons now, so just sell everything I farm but don't currently need for the achievements I'm working on.
    Posted 12 years ago by Yessi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If the value of tree poison according to auction has gone up to 40k, then I have 8 million currants in tree poison thanks to monself, no worries, won't spend them bud.
    Posted 12 years ago by Rook Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I got 1.1-odd; once I hit 1M I became less motivated (until I make it my goal to reach 2M... someday...)
    Posted 12 years ago by Zurin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ☣Bruja☣ : "I've got a 50-lb. cubimal monkey on my back"

You mean there's a cubimal monkey now? I'll never be rich at this rate :(
    Posted 12 years ago by mofaha Subscriber! | Permalink
  • As I replied in the off topic section.if Rapture`s info is correct and we loose our currents,all three accounts in this house will be deleted.
    Posted 12 years ago by Gassy Jack Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The statement is 'A portion' of your current currants (heh). I'd like to come out and say that I find it HIGHLY unlikely that any amount greater than say 10% of your current currants (double heh) will be taken. Though there's no reason to delete your account even if they take 100% of your currants. Because they're not going to be taking them. They're going to make them into imagination, which I believe will be FAR more useful than currants in the early stages of the conversion. 

Really, concerning the 'big upcoming changes' the best policy is to simply wait and see. You don't know what will happen. Stop getting angry over the future :P It's not here yet and no one here knows how it will be!
  • Thankyou to Windborn for such a greatly needed information in the off topic section.now I understand much more. http://www.glitch.com/forum/general/15303/page6/#reply-158467
    Posted 12 years ago by Gassy Jack Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Playing regularly since late October and the most money I've had is about 120K. A million is a goal, one of many silly goals (like hoarding 1,000 of each kind of ingot for no reason).
    Posted 12 years ago by dm Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hey my 1000 of each ingot has a very good reason! It's, um, well it's very reasonable!