Topic

Hmm...Are there any special birthday features?

My friend's b-day is tomorrow, and I wanted to get her into Glitch as it seems to be right up their alley.

I've already shot her/him an invite...I'm just wondering if there's any specific events or items I could introduce them to that would be appropriate for a birthday.

Right now all I can think of is gifting a couple more creds so they can put together a fancy outfit, and running around w/them while wearing a Cupcake hat.

Posted 12 years ago by Bekh Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Unfortunately there aren't any birthday items yet (except presents), but that would be great if we could have them!
    Posted 12 years ago by AwesomeCardinal2000 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If they're just starting today or tomorrow they might not be "in game" until they finish the tutorial. So stick to a gift for now.
    Posted 12 years ago by Patricia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Putting some items in a Gift Box from the Toy Vendor would be nice. You could also use a Party Pack and invite a bunch of Glitchen so your friend can meet them.
    Posted 12 years ago by Melody Pond Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We need a birthday cake item.
    Kind of weird that we don't already.
    Posted 12 years ago by Kukubee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • YES! and party blowers and showers of little tickets. I'd like to blow party blowers like high fiving on a birthday. Birthday person gets to wear a party hat all day.
    Posted 12 years ago by jiva Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A yeti cake with a surprise inside? A pickle, an essence, a bean, a current, a cubi?
  • All those things!
  • We do have an oaty cake, but...oats...:(

At least make a HONEY cake if you're not going to introduce sugar?
    Posted 12 years ago by Sororia Rose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *nods approvingly* I'll pick up a Gift Box.

We need a birthday cake item.
    Kind of weird that we don't already.

Yes, please! That's what the beta phase is for: adding cakes. Blow out the candles, get Mood and some free iMG (w/a once a year cap per user, of course). IMHO :D
  • Chocolate Cake? With a dev inside? 
    Posted 12 years ago by Jasmine Rice Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A cake tabletop decoration? Free for all please? Or, instead of the upgrade being credits, it would be 10k currants or something.
  • +1 for chocolate dev cake
    Posted 12 years ago by Kaelyn Renai Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I DIDN'T GET BACON FOR MY BIRTHDAY! *cries*
    Posted 12 years ago by OMG BACON!! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *gets in cake, waits to be unleashed*

muhahahahHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAhh..kaf..KAF KAF KAF KAF KAFFFFFFFFFF

*lights cigar*
    Posted 12 years ago by ☣ elf ☣ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Can I have cake Not on my birthday?
    Posted 12 years ago by AwesomeCardinal2000 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @AwesomeCardinal--There should be fancy cakes that you get on your Glitch birthday, like the one's people have mentioned upthread already, and then regular Unbirthday Cakes we can make and eat anytimw!
    Posted 12 years ago by Booksomewench Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Some time ago I  suggested, in the Ideas Forum  that for our birthday (creation date) I would like a short time recipe (1 day, a week, whatever) that slices into say 8 portions. Eating them would give some energy, high mood and maybe iMG, but the cook is unable to eat it. It must be shared, it would only 'work' if it was given to you. A social achievement could be given for eating them, not for baking them. For the Award Hounds you would have to reciprocate to encourage sharing and giving so that you get some back

Only one person responded though
    http://www.glitch.com/forum/ideas/11175/
    Posted 12 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 IrenicRhonda! I didn't see your previous post. It's a lovely idea.
  • A long time ago I proposed that we have something like a Birthday Halo for our avatar. Of course, I was thinking that it would light up (of course with an option to suppress if you wanted) on the anniversary of your imagination as a Glitch. The advantage there being it would happen MORE OFTEN that your real life birthday.

That way, people could see at a glance it was your glitchy birthday (imagination day?) and they'd be inspired to shower you with gifts! :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Pascale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like irenic's idea.
    Posted 12 years ago by jiva Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That's awesome. I think it will be awesome if you can share slices of the cake with friends and receive a bonus for eating them together. Sort of like sharding, but with eating. Because there should be a bonus for partying.
    Anyways, I drew it, proposed it, and if history is any indication, we will not do it! But hopefully!
  • But then onion rings, right?

RIGHT?
    Posted 12 years ago by ☣ elf ☣ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 Irenic
    Oh and maybe a special Bacon cake with Onion Rings as candle holders for those who require meat at every meal.
    Posted 12 years ago by Holly Waterfall Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wait Kukubee, you drew it?

If it's not gonna happen, could you at least post the images or something? *drool*
  • A mini birthday cake? A birthday muffin even? Pleaseeeeeeeee
    Posted 12 years ago by awesome sauce01 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Maybe one of the slices has a random cubi or new mini doll item inside? Maayyyybe?!?
    Posted 12 years ago by katlazam Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Interesting that this discussion got posted/noticed by me on my birthday.
    Posted 12 years ago by dr kelly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The doll inside idea reminds me of the baby cake at Mardi Gras. There is plenty of time for TS to implement an idea like this in time for that event next February.
    Posted 12 years ago by Holly Waterfall Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Kukubee wrote: Anyways, I drew it, proposed it, and if history is any indication, we will not do it! But hopefully!

I'm glad you liked the idea. Cake sharding sounds good too. If you have already drawn it then that is a huge step forward.

Sneak preview?
    Posted 12 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If we include bacon and onion rings does that mean that we'll hear less from elf?
    Or that OMGBacon will then buy a name change?
    Curious forum readers (okay, probably just me) would like to know.
    Posted 12 years ago by CrashTestPilot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh yes, I want a massive cake and Kukubee to pop out in a Marilyn Monroe dress sing happy birthday mr president!!
    Posted 12 years ago by Troll Doll Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can't link it right now, but in addition to IrenicRhonda's cool idea, we had batted around the idea of a group of friends coming together to make a birthday cake for someone--kind of like a mini-project at a community oven.

Would love to be able to make and gift cakes! Yes please!

ETA: here's the thread I was remembering: www.glitch.com/forum/ideas/...

All of these ideas, in this current thread and others, could dovetail so nicely together.
    Posted 12 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • One day, maybe! I'm glad people are excited about the idea, and props to IrenicRhonda's brainstorming.
  • It's my birthday tomorrow too.  And Leonard Cohen's.
    Posted 12 years ago by Megan64 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Cake is such a great idea!
    Posted 12 years ago by Tinder Subscriber! | Permalink
  • cool! but im still trying to figure out my birthday :(
    Posted 12 years ago by Kristabel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • CAAAAAKE.  Please, stoot, let us eat cake.  How about those fireworks, too?  Kukubee drew all the things.  Fireworks and cake!  Yes?
    Posted 12 years ago by glum pudding Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can haz cake?
    There really should be some way to celebrate our bUrthdays. Recipes and actions that are only available (or only effective) for a short time around our bUrthday (kind of like Zilloween).
    Posted 12 years ago by kastlin Subscriber! | Permalink