Topic

Staff Topic

Your High-Level Recipe Ideas!

We’re working on a revamp of the cooking branches of the crafting tree! The goals are to (a) streamline the number of distinct ingredients required for most recipes, (b) introduce a middle tier of intermediate ingredients (such as sauces, veggie mixes & spice mixes, batter and “prepared beans”) which can be used in different combinations in different recipes and (c) create some new high level recipes. 

We want your help! If you have input on the changes and ideas to higher level recipes, we’d love to hear them.

The new intermediate recipes (mixes, etc.) are useful for several reasons: they reduce the number of ingredients needed to make high-level foods, encourage specialization in particular areas of the cooking tree, and promote trading between players at different levels — lower level players can “do the prep work” for the more experienced chefs. We’ve listed all of these below.

If you’d like to propose a new high level recipe, please follow these guidelines:
1. Must be made with Famous Pugilist Grill or Awesome Pot (or less desirably, with Frying Pan)
2. No more than 4 ingredients (don’t worry about the quantity of each ingredient)
3. At least two of the ingredients must be from the intermediate products listed below

To get you started, here are some of the ones we’re planning to add:

Examples of High-Level Recipes:
Hungry Nachos (pugilist grill) - Tortilla, Sliced Beans, Hippie Veggie Mix, Cheezy Sauce
Maburger (pugilist grill) - Bun, Prepared Beans, Very Stinky Cheese, Hippie Veggie Mix
Ritzy Salmon Congee (awesome pot) - Proper Rice, Salmon, Green Mix, Secret Sauce
Swank Zucchini Loaf (awesome pot) - Zucchini, Batter, Dessert Spice Mix, Cooking Oil
Precious Potato Salad (awesome pot) - Cooked Potatoes, Veggie Medley, Expensive Spice Mix, Mild Sauce

And here are the new intermediate products we’re adding:

Spice mixes:
Firebog Spice Mix (cumin, saffron, turmeric, curry)
Naraka Hot Mix (ginger, hot pepper, mustard, garlic) 
Dessert Spice Mix (cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, licorice)
Expensive Spice Mix (camphor, old(er) spice, turmeric, cardamom, nutmeg, saffron)
Bland Spice Mix (salt, pepper)

Veggie mixes:
Glitchepoix (onion, carrot, cabbage, zucchini)
Hippie Veggie Mix (tomato, spinach, onion, zucchini)
Green Mix (broccoli, cucumber, spinach, cabbage)
Veggie Medley (corn, parsnip, carrot, broccoli)

Sauces:
Roux (buttefly butter, flour) - this base sauce is an ingredient for Mild Sauce, Cheezy Sauce, Secret Sauce and Hot ‘N’ Fizzy Sauce
Red Sauce (butterfly milk, tomato, onion) - ingredient for Creamy Catsup, Wicked Bolognese Sauce, and Sweet ‘N’ Sour Sauce
Stock Sauce (butterfly milk, meat, flour) - ingredient for Wavy Gravy, and for the revised recipe of Meat Gumbo

Other new intermediate ingredients:
Batter (flour, egg, butter) - used in numerous recipes to replace the combination of flour, eggs, milk and butter, such as Gammas Pancakes, Divine Crapes, Waffles, Pineapple Upside-Down Pizza, etc
Sliced Beans (31 beans) - mainly an ingredient for Prepared Beans (aka tofu), but also used in recipes that require many beans such as Chilly-Busting Chili and Awesome Stew
Prepared Beans (sliced beans, old(er) spice) - used in recipes that would contain “tofu” as an ingredients, e.g. Maburger and the revised Super Veggie Kebab
Cooked Potatoes (potatoes, salt) - 6 potatoes, boiled to perfection

Your are also welcome to swap in one of the existing sauces, such as Mild Sauce, Sweet ‘n’ Sour Sauce, Creamy Catsup, Cheezy Sauce, Wicked Bolognese Sauce, Tangy Sauce, Secret Sauce, Cloudberry Jam, Whorteberry Jelly, or Hot ‘N’ Fizzy Sauce.

p.s. If you're curious about what it looks like when we try to show all the connections between all the cooking products and ingredients and balance the prices and costs, it looks like this: i.imgur.com/Q5ffG.png

Posted 12 years ago by Mart Lume Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
  • @Akane Tuna, I think Sushi would just be knife and board- the whole point of sushi is that it's raw!

Anyway, I made a thread not knowing about this thread! So, instead of copying it all down here, I'm going to just link it to you guys. I edited it to fit the criteria and such, however.
    Posted 11 years ago by Seeen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I know...You know what? I don't care if it doesn't meet the requirements. Sushi should be made with Knife and Board.
    Posted 11 years ago by Akane Tuna Subscriber! | Permalink
  • (Figuratively) Sweeeeet Seafood Stew- Awesome Pot
    -1 Crabato Juice
    -2 Salmon
    -Hippie Veggie Mix
    -Expensive Spice Mix
  • High-Fiber Cereal- Awesome Pot
    -2 Oats
    -15 Fibers
    -Whortleberry Jelly
    Possibly could give you a buff that would make you poop a guano sometime after eating.
    P.S. This doesn't meet the requirements, so I suppose you guys are gonna ignore it. I just got the idea.
  • If this didn't get kiboshed with the Great Unimaging, please set the end values of the food to 2x what you were planning. See also

www.glitch.com/forum/ideas/... (aka Turbo Mode)
    Posted 11 years ago by Sturminator i` Subscriber! | Permalink
  • End of the World Pie

1. Make batter. Use a frying pan or grill to cook it into a pie crust.

2. Add the following ingredients:
    - 1 diamond
    - 1 giant emblem
    - 1 package no-no powder
    - 1 hog-tied piggy
    - 1 Expensive spice mix

3. Cook in awesome pot.

What would the effects be? Pretty powerful!
    Posted 11 years ago by Gomi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The new recipes that made it to the release are posted in this Forum Post.

Thanks everyone so much for contributing! More of your ideas would have seen the light of the day, had we have more time.

With gratitude and love to the Glitch community,
    Mart
    Posted 11 years ago by Mart Lume Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you Mart for another demonstration why the Glitch staff is amazing.  You keep doing things to make our last days on Ur happy and full of fun.  Love the new recipes - and that Potcorn is really yummy!
    Posted 11 years ago by Kookaburra Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next