Topic

Isn't it cold up there, too?

Not to stir up trouble, but I was just wondering: how come we suffer from cold in Wintry Place but not in Nottis?

Posted 12 years ago by kalsangikid Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I was wondering about this too. I thought maybe once Nottis wasn't so new, they might introduce the coldness buff. I kinda hope they do because I like more challenging gameplay :))) might also further encourage Glitchen to make hearty foods!
    Posted 12 years ago by Sterne Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was wondering about that too but I'd say the two places are slightly different in the sense that Nottis is a region and the terrain there does rather support life while Wintry Place is frozen through and Sno-Cones are sold there, so the de-buff may have been there simply to discourage people from staying too long.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sarabanda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think it might be a good idea to introduce the buff there. Lots of Hearty meals or your time is very limited there
    Posted 12 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • But only if there is another way to gather ice, for those of us who like drink-making.
    Posted 12 years ago by Flowerry Pott Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wintry Place is, like, really, really cold.
    Posted 12 years ago by E D D I E Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm with Eddie. The coldness factor is different. It can be cold and snowy where you live and you are cold but you put on a jacket and are okay. In other places like Antarctic, you would freeze to death if you stayed outside too long even if you were bundled up.
    Posted 12 years ago by Holly Waterfall Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Precisely. It's rather like comparing a desert to a volcano.
  • What can we say, it's Nottis cold as Wintry Place!
    Posted 12 years ago by Coke Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *groan*
    Posted 12 years ago by Teem Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *moan*...no that was actually pretty good.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sororia Rose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It would make ice very expensive, especially for people without all the cooking skills. I'm not a fan.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That was a good pun. And I'm not a fan of this idea either, Nottis is quite clearly not as cold as Wintry Place and as a region it'd discourage exploring (Not to mention I happen to like to slack off there). 
  • *applause for Coke's answer*
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Maybe make the debuff only apply in Nottis if you're naked (have the naked buff). That would make streaking through Nottis a little more challenging, but still allow people to harvest Ice (clothed) without having to deal with the energy drain.

Since there is a naked buff, maybe this could also be taken farther, for example you might swim a little faster in Jal.
    Posted 12 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hmmm — I like that, Janitch!
    Posted 12 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Naked fishing!
    Posted 12 years ago by Cinnamon Petrichor Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Nottis is such a beautiful place, why would you want to limit the time we can spend there?, I for one want to be able to spend a long time there dreaming of Yeti's and the things we have yet to find among the snow :) I'm betting It won't just be nubbins !!
    Posted 12 years ago by Faereluth Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 Janitch and Coke! :D
    Posted 12 years ago by kalsangikid Subscriber! | Permalink