Topic

Question regarding quests

Hello, I joined the site about a month ago, but this is my first time saying hi to the community. I have a question regarding tasks, is there any possible way to delete one after accepting it? I have a few that I've held back on doing, and by now, the rewards just aren't worth the effort of time.

It's my own fault, but I was just wondering if the option was available?

Posted 12 years ago by Kebechet Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Nope. You can ignore them, though. A lot of us have quests hanging around that we haven't done. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Tonya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • you're only level 11 Kebechet, how can they not be worth the time?
    Posted 12 years ago by Arietty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If they are easy to do - go ahead and do them.  Some quests unlock things!
    Posted 12 years ago by Kookaburra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I walked around with that Peter Out Pete quest for eleven months. I didn't actively seek to complete it and the opportunity to complete it didn't present itself in a timely manner.

So my advice would be to complete the easy ones (as Kookaburra pointed out, some of them unlock things) and ignore the ones that require more effort than you're willing to put in.

Also, welcome. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Perion Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I never did the garlic kiss quest (so rude and unpleasant) - it just stays in the quest menu, not bothering anyone.  Just don't do them if you don't like them.  
    Posted 12 years ago by oscarette Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you all for the responses. :)

Arietty - Since I haven't gotten a chance to make any friends in the game, quests such as It Takes Two are a little more difficult for me, and only give out 250 img and 200 currants.

Kookaburra and Perion - You guys do make a good point that the quests might unlock something new. I'll just be hanging on to these then and feel a little more satisfaction once they're done. xD
    Posted 12 years ago by Kebechet Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It's easy to find someone to help in a group quest by going somewhere there are a lot of glitches like Cebarkul and asking in local chat or if you're really brave you can ask in global. Most of the people here are really nice and super helpful and it might be good to get the hang of asking for help now so when you get to something like Peter out Peat, it's not so scary to ask for help.
    Posted 12 years ago by Fern Connelly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've done the dirt quest for a number of total strangers (also Peter Out Peat).  If you're standing near a reasonably full dirt pile, just ask anyone who walks by!   Some people will be on their way someplace and not stop, but others will be delighted to help dig.    
    Posted 12 years ago by oscarette Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've completed the group quests like Peter Out Peat by just asking in Global if anyone wants to help.  Chances are, there's at least a handful of other players who haven't done the quest yet themselves and will be happy to jump on board to do so.  (And then I make sure to bring gifts and treats to celebrate when we're done!  It's a good way to make friends!)
    Posted 12 years ago by Classical Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've still got the peat thing.  Even after the Do All the Quests feat.

I'm keeping it for sentimental reasons now.
    Posted 12 years ago by Ida Keen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm level 56 and haven't bothered with the peat quest (yet)! There are lots of things to do in Glitch which will be fun for you, just don't bother with the ones that don't hold any appeal for you or don't suit the way you like to play. Welcome!
    Posted 12 years ago by Mostly Mellow Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I waited on Peter Out Peat and Something-Something Loam until someone asked me to help with theirs. Then we both got the quest!
    Posted 12 years ago by Kip Konner Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 what Kip said - there are always people asking for help with those quests in global!Wait 'til someone asks for help with them, then volunteer/just show up.  Once there, mention you have that quest too, and you'll get it done, easy-peasy.  I've helped others on the Peter out Peat quest dozens of times, at this point, and there are almost always at least two people who need it.  It's actually faster to do it this way, because everyone is practiced from the first quest!
    Posted 12 years ago by Kadi Subscriber! | Permalink